Jubilee confirmed !

Comments

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Just remember April 1st is right around the corner....  B)B)B)
    Eh, it’s Jubilee on the icon, not a Dazzler load screen or something :)
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    jtmagee said:
    For those who may be unaware, when updating the game, the new icon for the game has Jubilee in the middle. Is she the next 4*? I have been personally wanting more 2* in the game. Would be a nice surprise to have her added as a 2* and maybe get one or two more characters as 2*, as well. Give that tier a little more depth and options. My first guess for her colors are Red/Purple/Yellow in some variety.
    No way Jubilee has a red power. Yellow/purple/blue seems far more likely to me. 
    Yeah yellow purple and blue seems more likely
  • KinDM
    KinDM Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Jubilee makes fireworks. Dazzler is seemingly immortal, has near limitless potential for damage, and is one of the few X-Men to be able to be a superhero and actually get paying gigs. Plus, her son is his own grandfather. How the heck did jubilee make it first.

(Who cares, it's another from X-Men'92! Whee!!!)
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    jtmagee said:
    For those who may be unaware, when updating the game, the new icon for the game has Jubilee in the middle. Is she the next 4*? I have been personally wanting more 2* in the game. Would be a nice surprise to have her added as a 2* and maybe get one or two more characters as 2*, as well. Give that tier a little more depth and options. My first guess for her colors are Red/Purple/Yellow in some variety.
    No way Jubilee has a red power. Yellow/purple/blue seems far more likely to me. 
    Yeah yellow purple and blue seems more likely
    Blue generally implies a tech angle. I expect yellow, purple, green. Unless they play up the character's rollerblading or later, more tech-oriented interpretations?
    I considered that, but given her powers a short stun seemed appropriate and stuns are most often blue. It’s not out of the question for her to have a green passive though. I think we can agree yellow/purple though. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    KinDM said:
    Jubilee makes fireworks. Dazzler is seemingly immortal, has near limitless potential for damage, and is one of the few X-Men to be able to be a superhero and actually get paying gigs. Plus, her son is his own grandfather. How the heck did jubilee make it first.

Jubilee manipulates matter at the sub-atomic level to create explosions. The little fireworks we see are when she pops a few atoms at a time. If she gets better control of her powers, she could literally be tossing nukes around instead of just fireworks.
  • Trilateralus
    KinDM said:

Jubilee manipulates matter at the sub-atomic level to create explosions. The little fireworks we see are when she pops a few atoms at a time. If she gets better control of her powers, she could literally be tossing nukes around instead of just fireworks.
    As someone who admittedly doesn’t care about Jubilee I’m curios if she ever advanced beyond mere fireworks in the comics?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    KinDM said:

As someone who admittedly doesn’t care about Jubilee I’m curios if she ever advanced beyond mere fireworks in the comics?
    Found this on Wikipedia:

While training in Generation X, Emma Frost described Jubilee as having the untapped ability to detonate matter at a subatomic level, which in theory is the equivalent of a nuclear fission bomb.  Her moral stance on taking a life was observed by Emma during the Phalanx Covenant, when Jubilee explained her fear of killing someone should her powers ever flare up again, as they did during the Acts of Vengeance storyline in Uncanny X-Men (she destroyed the Mandarin's mansion in a massive explosion, out of grief after believing that Wolverine had been killed). Emma stated that Jubilee had unlimited potential and was one of the most powerful mutants she had ever encountered. Jubilee's Age of Apocalypse alternate had minimal qualms in regards to using her powers, and made liberal use of her full ability.

So sounds like only in the AoA timeline did she utilize the full extent of her powers. But she has gone beyond mere fireworks blowing up a mansion. Seems like being one of the most powerful mutants could give her 5* status. 

• Trilateralus
    My only experience with Jubilee is the 90’s cartoon where she was insufferable. So I’m definitely not excited at a possible 5* but a 4* AoA version could be neat. At that point a red power starts to seem feasible. 
  • DavidAmaquelin
    DavidAmaquelin Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    I don't know who is going to be the next character release but being so close to the Infinity War movie you can expect to see the "crew" of the Black Order,like Corvus Glaive or Midnight Proxima.

• hunky_funky
    hunky_funky Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    I don't know who is going to be the next character release but being so close to the Infinity War movie you can expect to see the "crew" of the Black Order,like Corvus Glaive or Midnight Proxima.

Don't know if I want them as a playable characters, but sort of boss event with them I'm glad to see.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards

Don't know if I want them as a playable characters, but sort of boss event with them I'm glad to see.
    It would be a fun boss event to have Thanos as the boss, and then have each side node feature one of the Black Order as a "mini-boss" (kinda like Kaecilius?), rather than specific required heroes.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    bigsmooth said:
    If Jubilee is indeed in the game, then all we need is Morph to field a full season 1 FOX X-Men cartoon team.
    Thanks, now I have the theme song earwormed into my noggin ;) ...
    Man, I loved that show growing up. Little known fact: Thunderbird, a hero, is shown on the villains side of the "clash" at the end of the opening credits. Why? At the time, there weren't enough villains in the show to fill out that side. Source: https://www.cbr.com/x-men-thunderbird-villain-cartoon/
    To add to that tidbit, next to Thunderbird was a non-character that the animation studio put in there to balance out the teams in the credits:

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-animated-series-mystery-villain/
  • CenturyChild
    CenturyChild Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Color me excited! Lowkey hoping she's 3* for purely selfish reasons. I don't want to wait for 4* land to cover her.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    The other question this raises is who she feeds for rewards.

She’s always been linked to Wolverine in the 90’s cartoon (and he pretty much feeds himself), perhaps someone more knowledgeable about her recent exploits might have some insight of who she’s worked closely with?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pwuz_ said:
    The other question this raises is who she feeds for rewards.

She’s always been linked to Wolverine in the 90’s cartoon (and he pretty much feeds himself), perhaps someone more knowledgeable about her recent exploits might have some insight of who she’s worked closely with?
    Obviously she feeds 4* Dazzler who feeds 5* Dazzler.  3* Jubilee, 4* Dazzler, & 5* Dazzler all released on Sunday.
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    If this was a spoiler room I'd be glad to oblige but in recent comics she leads and works with Generation X-Men, New Warriors, and other various X-men teams. She also most recently gained her full abilities back thanks to Quentin Quire, but that is all I will elaborate on. She has an adopted son named Shogo, who she has met his future self as well. She also is one of few mutants that have an innate ability to block telepathic attacks.
  • modok47
    modok47 Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Noooo !!! We just got Valkyrie please slow down on these new characters ... Is she the next 5 Star then ? 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    modok47 said:
    Noooo !!! We just got Valkyrie please slow down on these new characters ... Is she the next 5 Star then ? 

Next new release should be a fourstar. It goes fourstar, fourstar, fivestar, fourstar, fourstar, fivestar.

Also, next new release shouldn't be until next weekend.

• mjs0726
    mjs0726 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    So excited for this. I hope she's a 3 star so I can get her (or 4 star). Jubilee is one of my favorite characters--I even did a genderbend cosplay of her last year! :smiley: