Welcome Jessica, now we're just missing...

Options
Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
Jessica Jones - a definite fan favorite if not a household name. A welcome addition to Marvel Puzzle Quest. Now we're just missing a handful of Marvel greats:

Heroes:
Cable
Hank Pym
Kitty Pryde (attach Lockheed to her)
Mar-vell
Namor

Villains:
Kang
Red Skull
Sabretooth

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I would be very surprised if we didn't get a Cable for the release of Deadpool 2.

Hank Pym? Well, there's Ant-man and the Wasp coming soon... maybe for the home release?

The others need to get their own Movies. :)

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,141 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:

Villains:
    Kang
    Red Skull
    Sabretooth

Kang has been my #1 suggestion for "Which Marvel character would you like to see next?" in every poll they've had.  I can picture an AP drain (turning back the clock), a stun (locked in time) and a generic damage ability.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,860 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kang was bizarrely classified as an FF character which explains his absence during the X-Men/FF embargo, might be possible now. You could also do interesting things with his other personas - maybe a power where he travels back and forwards in time to be Rama Tut and Immortus granting different abilities.

Red Skull is the most jarring one - I can only think somebody doesn't want the associated stigma of promoting a Nazi-themed character maybe.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Kang was bizarrely classified as an FF character which explains his absence during the X-Men/FF embargo, might be possible now. You could also do interesting things with his other personas - maybe a power where he travels back and forwards in time to be Rama Tut and Immortus granting different abilities.

Red Skull is the most jarring one - I can only think somebody doesn't want the associated stigma of promoting a Nazi-themed character maybe.

Kang is a distant blood relative of Mr Fantastic, so I can see why he'd be packaged with the FF on that basis even though he is mostly an Avengers villain.

Red Skull does make a cameo in cutscenes in the prologue (sadly only in one-time-only nodes), so maybe the original plan was to add him to the storyline eventually. You know, Before they decided to abandon the story and just rehash Everything over and over.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:

I would be very surprised if we didn't get a Cable for the release of Deadpool 2.

Hank Pym? Well, there's Ant-man and the Wasp coming soon... maybe for the home release?

5* Giant Man needs to happen
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Kang is a distant blood relative of Mr Fantastic, so I can see why he'd be packaged with the FF on that basis even though he is mostly an Avengers villain.

Red Skull does make a cameo in cutscenes in the prologue (sadly only in one-time-only nodes), so maybe the original plan was to add him to the storyline eventually. You know, Before they decided to abandon the story and just rehash Everything over and over.

Yeah, I understand the reasoning I just think it is weak.

Cool, never realised that. 5* Red Skull could have the cosmic cube!
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,652 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Namor should definitely be in this game, especially now that there is a Defenders tag.

I keep hoping for Black Cat and Mysterio, Jubilee and Kitty Pride.

And maybe some other teams: Alpha Flight and GLA could be just 1 character with each power being 1 member (like they did for the Inhumans with Lockjaw).

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For Ant-Man and The Wasp, I think it'd be interesting if they released a tandem version of the two, similar to Cloak & Dagger. It'd be fitting, considering the title of the sequel.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:

I would be very surprised if we did.  As far as I know the merger still hasn't even been finalized and even if it is I think their development time around new characters is probably a lot longer than you think.  I don't think we'll see any promoting of Fox movies for another 6 months at least.  We might still get Cable in the near future but I would be absolutely shocked if we get him as a direct promotion of Deadpool 2 (at least the theatrical release, maybe when it comes on out on home video)

Quebbster said:

5* Giant Man needs to happen
    YES!  This has been my biggest ask since Civil War came out.  I'll be really disappointed if it doesn't happen this time with Giant Man clearly being in the A&W trailer again.

Others not included in the OP that I would like to see:
    Omega Red
    Mr Sinister
    Onslaught
    MasterMold boss & Sentinel goons
    Fitz/Simmons from Agents of SHIELD
    A better Doctor Doom than the one we have in game that's 4* or higher

• IceHockey333
    IceHockey333 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Dazzler

Mysterio

End of list.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Not sure I ever got peoples love of Mysterio. If you wanted a supervillain to torment our heroes with crazy stuff I'd go with Arcade and his Murderworld every time.
  • IceHockey333
    IceHockey333 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Personally, I love funky colors and abstract imagery.  Mysterio is perfect for that.

But then again, I really dig Xmen: Last Stand...
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Spider-Ham (Peter Porker)
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Hendross said:
    If we are going that way then Frog of Thunder too, please.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    It must be strange head character day today. Next somebody will want Ruby Thursday.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Hendross said:
    If we are going that way then Frog of Thunder too, please.
    ...and Loki (Cat-Thor) for the trifecta?
  • twistmonkey
    twistmonkey Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    5* God Doom - make it happen