4th Sub for Fight For Wakanda Last hard node, 0 points given. [Fixed]

1235»

Comments

• beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I joined sub 1 of slice 4, scl 9 at 959 and slept thru end grind for subs 2 and 3 bc of RL this past weekend. I still hit progression during the 4x clear for the final sub. Far from optimal, still hit progression. If you guys are missing half the event there should be no expectation to hit progression. 
  • sirwookieechris
    sirwookieechris Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2018
    veneretio said:
    LakeStone said:
    The last hard node, For Wakanda! Is giving 0 points but has a 6/6 reward node.  Can this please be looked at for next run?

@Brigby
    @Tombstone
    Hi - Thank you for posting this and letting us know. The team is aware of the issue and has shared the following info - https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=known-game-issues&f=for-wakanda-node-in-the-astral-plan-sub-event-2-25-18&l=en. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    This doesn't really address the issue for those of us that didn't know this was coming and as a result, were counting on the points of this node for the last day in order to reach max progression. If I'm short, max progression by 4000 points, will I still be given the final CP reward?
    You were counting on points from an event that has only been run once, which didn’t even include the last day? Sounds like counting your chickens before they hatch. Elsewhere it has been stated that max progression was calculated without those points in consideration. Not sure if it is accurate, but if so then your complaint is moot.
  • 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    I believe the whole purpose of any game is to entertain and keep its players happily entertained, I unfortunately fall under the category of barely missing the maximum progression. Yes, if the game did not have the bug which did not allow us players to gain points for playing the node is unfortunate for us. I as an avid player, yet busy weekend, should not have to calculate or count my eggs like some are saying, In order to reach max progression. I simply played when I could and knew that I’d eventually reach max for my hard grind, and then all of sudden this bug, that I don’t blame the Devs for, stops my goal and makes me very unhappy for all of the grind I put in on my busy weekend. 
    I did submit a ticket and captured some screen grabs, though I don’t expect to get that 22CP that I could have had. 
    I’m simply implying that we as players are correct at times when mistakes happen in MPQ, and being gifted a small amount of ISO and some tokens does not correct the problem; I’m no extortionist, I’m just a MPQ player who just experienced an unfair problem. And to those players who reached max progression and denying the experience that this problem has dealt to some of us are here to respond to help this problem and not only speaking for the Devs of this game right? Because it’s only when it happens to you that you speak up, hence this forum.
    I only hope that this node gets fixed and somehow the PVE system gets updated with some sort of points calculator because we all have lives and it would be appreciated to know when to grind and when to take a break from a fun game so we can spend time on work, friends, family and other hobbies. ;) 
  • ShanePHallam
    ShanePHallam Posts: 94 Match Maker
    I don't see why they can't apply the points people would have gotten and give them any reward they would have received above that.  I feel like this has been done before, no?
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    So people talk about RL and not having had time to make max progression, yet they apparently find it very important now to have the points from that node. Go enjoy that real life and don't worry about max progression.
    To me it just sounds like they want to be compensated for something they just aren't entitled too. But feel free to submit a ticket.
  • 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Dogface said:
    So people talk about RL and not having had time to make max progression, yet they apparently find it very important now to have the points from that node. Go enjoy that real life and don't worry about max progression.
    To me it just sounds like they want to be compensated for something they just aren't entitled too. But feel free to submit a ticket.
    Even if it were for the 3*, 8CP, 4* prize progression, I would still submit a ticket. We are entitled to at least that for having a 0 point node. Mistakes happen and so does compensation. We all play for the prizes, not just for the story or PVE gameplay.
    I play for prizes 75% of the time and 25% for the gameplay.
    I believe it’s just time to say something again, that’s valid to all of us players. 
  • ShanePHallam
    ShanePHallam Posts: 94 Match Maker
    I don't see why they can't apply the points people would have gotten and give them any reward they would have received above that.  I feel like this has been done before, no?
    No. It hasnt.
    Wasn't there a Dr. Strange event where one node didn't give points or something if you picked it first?  I remember getting some type of reward for that after the fact.  Thought it may be a similar situation
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    No. It hasnt.
    Wasn't there a Dr. Strange event where one node didn't give points or something if you picked it first?  I remember getting some type of reward for that after the fact.  Thought it may be a similar situation
    The difference between those events is that strange only affected a select group of people which effectively did prevented ranking. This event effected everyone and only messed with personal progression. 

• Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Man. So many high horses in this thread it's hard to see.

If I play to one point over max progression, I'm entitled to that reward.
    If I play to 20,000 points over max progression, I'm entitled to that reward.

The difference in those scores is what placement I'm choosing to give up. But I'm not giving up the max progression.

Anyone who was close enough to max progression that these missing points would have gotten them there, should still get that reward. To hit max progression still takes a chunk of time out of each day. To miss it by a couple of hundred or thousand points due to a 0-pt node is pretty lousy.

And to claim anyone who missed it by 'relying' on those points deserves to miss out (as many people are more or less asserting) is equally... lousy. If you crushed max progression by 20k, great. You did that for placement or node rewards. That's your choice. But that doesn't detract from someone who did what they could to just get to max progression or mean that they should miss out on that.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    There’s no question that someone that plans their points out to meet progression and no more (or not much more) was affected by the points being missing. However:  the max progression points are determined by algorithm in the app/server and were calculated with the 0 point node being part of the number.  That is, the app looked at the potential points for each node and came up with a number which included the fact that one node was worth 0 points, so clearing it 5 times gives 5x0 so the game added 0 points for that node to the progression reward calculation.  So the effect of the missing points should have been minimal on most players. And:  the 4th sub had never been run before so any player who was making calculations was making assumptions of how to meet their goals based on an unseen sub.  

However, there should be a record of each player clearing the node that the devs could access and make a determination regarding whether they would have hit progression if given the missing points.   That should allow prize distribution if the devs chose, just like after Strange Sights ran last time.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I'm sure there will be some kind of compensation send out due to this error, but I have to say it didn't affect my own progression or placement. I played as I normally would, and as such I managed to get all rewards and finished safely in the top 100 to get my Shuri cover. Those missing points would perhaps have won me some more iso and/or HP, but I still completed my objectives without those points.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    This is D3 we are talking about here. By far the stingiest developers I have ever come across. Any way of getting out of giving the players something free and they are right on it. 
    This is miles from the truth. What other FTP publishers' games have you played that involved more generous compensation? I think they do a pretty good job of it.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is D3 we are talking about here. By far the stingiest developers I have ever come across. Any way of getting out of giving the players something free and they are right on it. 
    This is miles from the truth. What other FTP publishers' games have you played that involved more generous compensation? I think they do a pretty good job of it.
    Marvel's Contest of Champions to name one.  Any time there is even a hiccup they give out something.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    If, and i stress if, they decide to offer compensation, it should be a fixed reward for everybody who played. Maybe some missed max progression, but others might have missed a token, or the 4*. It's not doable to factor in all those possibly earned points. 
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    If anything comes, it’ll be 100hp 2500iso and maybe a heroic token.  That’s about par for the all impacted glitch course.
  • K1NGY
    K1NGY Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Just wondering when as stated more d3tails will be provided.

It was still great to have this new event. I took the leap of faith and played in cl8 which is a fair bit higher than my slowly building roster. But perservarance and persistency kept me strumming through it ending with 101k finish which was over alliance requirements.
    Sub 2 was doing my head in until I finally found chars that worked well together even if it meant having to use so many health packs. At the end of the day it was for me all about being part of a great alliance to kick some goals. Ending in top 50 rank 43 pretty sweet achievement. 
    The final node 0 points for astral plain wasn’t really that much of an issue although for me it was mostly about scoring massive points or as many as I could for our alliance.
    Im sure this will get sorted before the next Wakanda event and can’t wait to see more new events in the future..

As quoted by devs:

The development team is aware of players not receiving points for clearing the For Wakanda Node in the Astral Plane sub-event. This is not intended and the team will review the issue and provide more details as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.

• K1NGY
    Y am i always getting 1 and 2 stars lately from tha tokens and vaults this happens most time 
    Your not alone mate I haven’t had anything but 2* from vaults for quite some time either. I feel your pain.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. For players that played the 0-point node, we have sent out a gift for being so patient and understanding regarding this issue. Thank you!
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    If anything comes, it’ll be 100hp 2500iso and maybe a heroic token.  That’s about par for the all impacted glitch course.
    Was off by 500iso.
  • K1NGY
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. For players that played the 0-point node, we have sent out a gift for being so patient and understanding regarding this issue. Thank you!
    Thank you