Best Shield Training yet?

Comments

• pstar782004
    pstar782004 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Kudos to the devs for making this change knowing that 4* Black Panther is not available in token yet .
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2018
    broll said:
    Daiches said:
    For new players covering a classic character is harder than the new release. So your mileage may vary.
    And remember next Shield training the last release will be in packs again and likely a Shield Training Essential. Heck, they may even require both Purple Panther and Shuri.
    With a requirement of L209 which take 11ish covers (I think not sure) a new player getting that on a new character release isn't more likely than a classic to the same.  This event is clearly not geared for new players and if it is then it's poorly geared overall...
    It is 10 covers.

My Jean Grey is 4/2/4 with a 209 max level. 

2/3/5 variations also work. 1/4/5 gives you level max of 213.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    @bryduck While it is possible to acquire 4-Star characters from Heroic Tokens, the most consistent method of acquiring the Latest 4-Stars is to open up Latest Legend Tokens, as players are guaranteed at the very least to receive one of the 4-Star characters; Latest 4-Star characters have increased odds.
    Hmmmm, ok, but the 4* odds are the same in Classic Tokens, which are 5CP cheaper.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    I don't think I've completed a SHIELD training yet.  Since it started, I didn't have the required characters or were not fully covered.  I think I've only had 2 or 3 that passed the 3rd tier.
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Well, it's the first I've ever been able to get the new cover. Had to spend ISO to get GR to an appropriate level, but that's eminently more doable than getting a newly released character who's not in tokens to 209.

A win, I think, for everyone.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hadronic said:
    No. The best shield training was with rogue.
    This. This one is second.

I was honestly expecting 4* Black Panther to be required.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree with the YMMV and also that getting a newly released character to 10 covers is much easier than getting a Classic character for a new player.

I know for me this wasn’t the best one because I had neither Mr. F or Rider leveled so had to dump a bunch of iso into characters I’m “meh” about. 

I’ve been able to get the cover for a lot of these events because I can usually luck into about 6 covers (or more if super lucky) before training ends between PVP/PVE placement, progression and occasionally vaults/tokens. Then, it’s just a matter of getting four more which isn’t hard with bonus heroes. I’ve been chasing Gambit, DD and Thor and so would usually set the newest as my bonus while I chase those 5s and it’s mostly worked out. Though I have missed out on some SHIELD Training covers as well (usually due to classics). So this one isn’t the best or worst for me personally. 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    short answer: yes.

long answer: first time i got the 4* from it so, yes.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Yes, this is a welcome change.  I have Jean and GR champed and was able to put enough ISO towards Mr. Fraptastic to get him to 209 and get the Shuri cover.  Otherwise, he would have lingered at level 94.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker

Any character can get to level 209+ if they have any distribution of 10+ covers or with 9 covers of they are distributed 5-4-0.

• JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    I'm glad that I was able to clear the top grid and get my Shuri cover early, but sweet merciful fancy Moses, 1 green Shuri is freaking impossible against level 50 Gambit (should be lots easier once the PvE release cover shows up).
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Note that - in contrast to the crash fights - you can use team-up powers in these fights, which makes them pretty simple imho.
  • jym010
    jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    I'm glad that I was able to clear the top grid and get my Shuri cover early, but sweet merciful fancy Moses, 1 green Shuri is freaking impossible against level 50 Gambit (should be lots easier once the PvE release cover shows up).
    I got 1 blue which is even more worthless but I figure I would use all those boosts before they are retired and useless.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was praying my Shuri cover would be Red. My cover was Red. Took down Gambit just fine.

I'm a happy camper.
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    I got red, then realised T100 in PvE gives a red, T100 alliance another red, 900 points in pvp another red, and progression in Prodigal Sun is a red and a blue... so 5 red straight up, and a single blue. Er, yay?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doc L said:
    I got red, then realised T100 in PvE gives a red, T100 alliance another red, 900 points in pvp another red, and progression in Prodigal Sun is a red and a blue... so 5 red straight up, and a single blue. Er, yay?
    Yeah I was super happy to get green, knowing that progression would be red/blue.  I'm not in a top alliance, so my cover distribution is likely (hopefully) going to be 3/2/2.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can someone doublecheck the math? I'm pretty sure it's mathematically impossible to get the PvE progression cover in the 2 days and change before the SHIELD event ends, since even optimal SCL9 play is just barely above 66k for those 3 days
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spoit said:
    Can someone doublecheck the math? I'm pretty sure it's mathematically impossible to get the PvE progression cover in the 2 days and change before the SHIELD event ends, since even optimal SCL9 play is just barely above 66k for those 3 days

Most likely. It certainly wasn't possible to get the America Chavez covers in Enemy of the State before her SHIELD training ended.

But hey, you get an extra cover once you get there!

• beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I’m able to get to the middle node of the bottom row and complete with an 0/1/3 Shuri. That’s probably as far as I’m getting this time
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    This could be the first one I get the LT for.  I'm currently at 8 covers L168.  If the 2 covers from PvE arrive before the event ends and I have the ISO to level to 209 I will achieve the holy grail....  It's gonna be close....