About the Elite packs

Options
Coilbox
Coilbox Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
I might have missed something in the previous updates explaining this, but does someone know if the older sets (AKH, KLD) will keep rotating in the Elite packs? Or will these be only dedicated to Ixalan set?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't think they've actually mentioned whether or not this will happen.
  • Coilbox
    Options
    Do you know something @Brigby ?

Usually the elite packs rotate every 10 days or so, but for the Ixalan set its set for 20 days (a bit more since the day Ixalan it was released).

Thanks!
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is really important to know, as there's little point in getting purple crystals if the only packs I can use them on yield cruddy Ixalan mythics I'd never want to use anyways.
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'd think they put the Ixalan up for a (small) month and then go back to the usual packs. Maybe around the same time it's added to crafting.
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    ArielSira said:
    I'd think they put the Ixalan up for a (small) month and then go back to the usual packs. Maybe around the same time it's added to crafting.
    let the countdown begin
  • Enygma6
    Enygma6 Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The Elite Collection packs have the same countdown timer as the Ixalan ones right now, so 4 1/2 days we will see if we go back to a previous purple rotation.
  • Coilbox
    Options
    Hello...?

No Elite packs available? @Brigby is this a bug or something?

Thanks.
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    I've been counting down the days all last week.

The new elite packs were supposed to be the highlight of my Monday morning.

I feel abandoned.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I imagine that the new release based elite pack was meant to run 31 days. Makes sense seeing that it rewards us with more orbs if and when we get a dupe. That and, despite the lackluster of Ixalan, it provides us a pool of new release mythics and MP cards to try and get via jewels within that "excitement phase." 

Hopefully Rivals wil repeat this method because if Oktagon releases what we may perceive to be an awesome release we are going to be grateful that the new release elite pack is timed as so. Down side is of course is that if it is a poor release... we get what we have now. A long wait for the rotaton. 
  • Coilbox
    Options
    I just wanted to spend my hoarded jewels on previous sets, cant be bothered with Ixalan to be honest. So i've been waiting for more than 20 days for Ixalan to rotate out of Elite packs hoping KLD and AMK would be next in.

I hope this is just a bug and they will be available soon.
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Coilbox said:
    I just wanted to spend my hoarded jewels on previous sets, cant be bothered with Ixalan to be honest. So i've been waiting for more than 20 days for Ixalan to rotate out of Elite packs hoping KLD and AMK would be next in.

I hope this is just a bug and they will be available soon.
    me as well.  I'm foaming at the mouth for a chance at cards like Platinum Angel or *any* of the Swords.

gimmi gimmi gimmi
  • Coilbox
    Options
    I just want the tinnykittiest baral!
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Don't forget that KLD might be rotating out of standard with the addition of RIX. I can't remember what they said exactly but I believe it was along the lines of "KLD will not rotate with the addition of XLN."  I am very curious to see what happens if it does rotate. The landscape of this game with be very different without KLD.
  • Coilbox
    Options
    I guess it will rotate out of standard at some point, yes. Bit ive been chasing that card for ages, and i SO want it...
    In any case, i would be a happy legacy boy :3
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Rivals is not a new set it is the Ixalan expansion. Kaladesh will remain with Rivals release.
  • wickedwitch74
    wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If they follow paper magic, I believe Kaladesh/AetherRevolt will rotate out with the Fall release.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rafalele said:
    Rivals is not a new set it is the Ixalan expansion. Kaladesh will remain with Rivals release.
    @rafalele Brigby already posted in a different thread that Rivals is a stand alone set. If Oktagon is following paper releases and exits.  Then when "Spaghetti" is released in Sept. KLD/AER and AMK/HOU will move to legacy. Leaving us with 5 sets in Standard; Ixalan, Rivals, Dominaria, "Spaghetti" and Origins. 
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Question is what will happen with origin when core set is released. It will be expanded? Core set become new standard ? Stay tuned! 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Szamsziel said:
    Question is what will happen with origin when core set is released. It will be expanded? Core set become new standard ? Stay tuned! 
    That one has definitely already been answered.  Origins will remain the Core set for MTGPQ forever
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    rafalele said:
    @rafalele Brigby already posted in a different thread that Rivals is a stand alone set. If Oktagon is following paper releases and exits.  Then when "Spaghetti" is released in Sept. KLD/AER and AMK/HOU will move to legacy. Leaving us with 5 sets in Standard; Ixalan, Rivals, Dominaria, "Spaghetti" and Origins. 
    You were right  https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/783483/#Comment_783483