A quick question or two about Set rotation

Options
Bullvinne
Bullvinne Posts: 77 Match Maker
I have two questions, do we have a definitive date when KLD/AER will be rotated out of standard? Not that I hate KLD/AER but I also dont want to sink a ton of resources into it if it is going away soon.

Also, I believe I read somewhere that Origins will always be in Standard no matter what correct? Or is there reason to believe it will be rotated out eventually?

Comments

• DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Despite many people asking, they haven't even told us what set release with bump KLD/AER out of standard, much less an actual date. Origins will indeed be in standard indefinitely, it was announced as such in the booster crafting reveal.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Actually they did. Kld block rotate oit of standard when the set after ixl rotates in. So when rix rotates in kld/aer will leave standard, if nothing changes.

Standard would be useless if sets stay for to long. But with the drop of power the change will only take place until Amo/Hou rotates out, until rix or newer sets are more powerful. 
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IM_CARLOS said:
    Actually they did. Kld block rotate oit of standard when the set after ixl rotates in. So when rix rotates in kld/aer will leave standard, if nothing changes.

Standard would be useless if sets stay for to long. But with the drop of power the change will only take place until Amo/Hou rotates out, until rix or newer sets are more powerful. 
    I don't recall them ever officially stating this. Do you still have a link to that announcement? I'd like to see it. For that matter, I don't recall them ever stating any rotation schedule after the announcement that standard is a thing.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wereotter said:
    IM_CARLOS said:

I don't recall them ever officially stating this. Do you still have a link to that announcement? I'd like to see it. For that matter, I don't recall them ever stating any rotation schedule after the announcement that standard is a thing.
    It was definitely stated at some point by Brigby.  I do not remember exactly which thread (there have been a lot asking this same question)

I know @bken1234 was really pressing the issue, she'd probably remember better than I do
  • Bullvinne
    Options
    I am more interested in making sure Origins is staying standard no matter what, because if so, its worth sinking orbs/crystals into as they will always be usable.

and if they follow paper magic, then RIX will not be when it rotates out, it will be after RIX so I am guessing Dominaria???
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bullvinne said:
    I am more interested in making sure Origins is staying standard no matter what, because if so, its worth sinking orbs/crystals into as they will always be usable.
    The devs have promised that Origins will always be standard, so as to provide new players with a reliable base set.  That I am positive about
  • Bullvinne
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Bullvinne said:
    The devs have promised that Origins will always be standard, so as to provide new players with a reliable base set.  That I am positive about
    Woot!
  • Bullvinne
    Options
    Thanks @Brigby for letting us know!

• ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 491 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    That means both KLD and Aether will join the legacy card pool for crafting at the same time?
  • Bullvinne
    Options
    I would think so...makes sense imo
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby is that a for sure? "To my knowledge" ... sounds a little squishy. Can you get a confirmation from the development team on that?
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. To my knowledge, Origins will always be in Standard, and both Kaladesh and Aether Revolt will rotate out of Standard, following Rivals of Ixalan's release.
    So with Rivals or with Dominaria? Sorry @Brigby “following” is a bit confusing. Can you please clarify? 
  • Bullvinne
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. To my knowledge, Origins will always be in Standard, and both Kaladesh and Aether Revolt will rotate out of Standard, following Rivals of Ixalan's release.
    So with Rivals or with Dominaria? Sorry @Brigby “following” is a bit confusing. Can you please clarify? 
    Ah I see what you mean, Yea the wording is a bit confusing, does "Following Rivals of Ixalan's Release" mean it comes from the set following RIX or when the RIX patch hits, KLD and AER will be gone?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    This will be explained more in the Q&A Session, but long story short, Kaladesh and Aether Revolt will rotate out of Standard when Rivals of Ixalan arrives.
  • ironer
    ironer Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    BOOOM
    KLD and AER are not in standard in 2.5.0 (RIX release)