About the Elite packs

Options
2»

Comments

• Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    At some point, it wouldn't surprise me if Wizards dictates they drop Origins from "standard".
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At some point, it wouldn't surprise me if Wizards dictates they drop Origins from "standard".

Nor I.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,229 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It should drop. Having certain powerful cards remain in the environment forever infringes on design space.
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'd like to see a scenario where Origins drops to make way for a new core set and we are all given the commons and uncommons of that set while rares and mythics need to be obtained strictly through booster crafting. Or something to that effect.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZW2007- said:
    I'd like to see a scenario where Origins drops to make way for a new core set and we are all given the commons and uncommons of that set while rares and mythics need to be obtained strictly through booster crafting. Or something to that effect.
    Interesting idea.  I'd propose a simple gradual replacement.  They release the new Core as a standalone set, replace all the intro walkers and cards with the new Core ones, and make it clear that Origins will rotate out after a set amount of time.  That way players brand new to the game start with the new Core just like we started with Origins, and older new players have time to build up a collection of Core cards to replace the Origins ones they are "losing."  For the old players it won't really matter much either way, since we'd get most of the commons and uncommons (and rares and mythics) pretty quickly anyway
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    they should give us new elite packs to open!!  Come on Octagon, it's even my birthday...would be a great bday present ;)
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    they should give us new elite packs to open!!  Come on Octagon, it's even my birthday...would be a great bday present ;)
    Happy Birthday mate! :D
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Coilbox said:
    Happy Birthday mate! :D
    why thank you very much :)
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Looks like you got your birthday wish, hope it's a happy one :smiley:
  • Wolfteeth
    Wolfteeth Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What did people get in the new Elites?  I pulled Yosei, the Morning Star and Keiga, the Tide Star which is funny because I have already battled 2 people in the Training Grounds that had Yosei...
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @FindingHeart8 i couldnt wait no longer so i spent all my hoarded pinkies on Rivals, and to be honest, they look and work pretty good!
    Hope you had a nice birthday present :)

(Baral, you and me are not done, i will catch you some day... some day...)
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Coilbox said:
    @FindingHeart8 i couldnt wait no longer so i spent all my hoarded pinkies on Rivals, and to be honest, they look and work pretty good!
    Hope you had a nice birthday present :)

(Baral, you and me are not done, i will catch you some day... some day...)
    I'm not gonna lie...I didn't even read what the new elites do before I chucked all of my pink crystals at the new elite packs lol.

Got Kukusho and Ryusei so I can't complain ;)
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I bought an elite pack and got the Pirate mage mythic... which was duped in a PP shortly after. A little sad about that. I really really wanted one of those MP dragons. :'(

• FindingHeart8
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:

I bought an elite pack and got the Pirate mage mythic... which was duped in a PP shortly after. A little sad about that. I really really wanted one of those MP dragons. :'(

ouch...that's some really bad luck.  You should vent about that in the safe rant thread.  It needs some love
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I got Kokusho too, but I'm much happier that I got Etali! I only had enough for two tries, and I'm very happy with the results.
  • BigMcHuge
    BigMcHuge Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I spent 400 purples and got a duplicate of the mythic I pulled in the single premium pack I bought last night.

The worst is that it lagged ever so slightly long enough for me to see my rune total at the top of the screen increase before the pack opened, so I already knew what was coming.