5* Ghost Rider as essential 72h after being released in tokens UPDATED 2/13 OP no longer valid

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    So I guess you were happily proved wrong. Rider is not the essential for the next event.

So don't always expect past "patterns" to be guarantees moving forward. 
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    So we will get a week, which iirc was same amount of time after AA entered packs.  Still not ideal, but hey, at least it’s not 3 days?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    So.....after the boss battle then :P
    That's actually totally up in the air. First boss event after 5* Essentials replaced a Classic in rotation, second boss event replaced a Latest, then we just recently had Galactus, which has two Latest before and a Latest after (so the boss didn't "take" a spot like it did the prior two times). So it could go either way.

I know you meant that in jest, but there is a very real possibility he'll be next after the boss battle. (worth pointing out the possibility now so the people who always end up with their shorts in a knot can spend the boss event getting ready, I guess, lol)
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards

Unless they're skipping Reyes, I wouldn't float any vindication D3s way. Essential 1 week into tokens instead of 3 days. Whoop. Even if he isn't essential after Civil War, then he will be 4 or 5 events after, which could be as little as 2 weeks later, at which point Reyes will have been available 3 weeks.
    Three weeks is still a lot more time to get Reyes than three days.  Granted, RNG will guarantee that I don't pull any of his tokens until after his required event...but for those of you who don't personify Murphy's Law, your odds will increase.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    aesthetocyst said:

As for whether Reyes will be essential the event after ... I haven't paid attention. Do Boss battles "count" in the 5E cycle? If so, then Reyes would be event buffed for Civil War, required on some nodes there, and we'll have some
    classic the event after. If boss battles don't count, then I'd expect Reyes to be essential the event after.
    I Believe both Apocalypse runs "took a spot" in the Latest/Classic rotation, while Galactus did not. Since Galactus was the most recent run, I will assume Robbie will be essential in the next PvE until proven wrong.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unless they're skipping Reyes, I wouldn't float any vindication D3s way. Essential 1 week into tokens instead of 3 days. Whoop. Even if he isn't essential after Civil War, then he will be 4 or 5 events after, which could be as little as 2 weeks later, at which point Reyes will have been available 3 weeks.
    I think you're being a little harsh there.  If his boss event is skipped and he's run as the last Latest in the next cycle then they would literally be waiting as long as possible within the existing 3L2C formula..  In fact it would be 1 event longer since there the boss event also.

Typically the boss events have caused the 5* E to get skipped.  However I could see being the one where that finally get's fixed.  We'll see what happens.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    tiomono said:
    So I guess you were happily proved wrong. Rider is not the essential for the next event.

So don't always expect past "patterns" to be guarantees moving forward. 
    You are correct I was proven wrong. Happily so.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    @Brigby

Hail to the Town Crier spreading such wonderful news!

I abase myself in abject shame for my doubting of the intents of our Mighty Masters.

Next time I will delay my response until you have read the official word from on high.
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe they will recognize how crazy that would be and adjust the rotation so that Ghost Rider isn't essential until later???
    Nailed it.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Best case scenario
    Civil War: latest 5E skipped (Robbie)
    4 day story:  classic 5E (Black Panther)
    7 day story:  classic 5E (Thanos)
    Fight for Wakanda: latest 5E (Thor)
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint said:
    Best case scenario
    Civil War: latest 5E skipped (Robbie)
    4 day story:  classic 5E (Black Panther)
    7 day story:  classic 5E (Thanos)
    Fight for Wakanda: latest 5E (Thor)
    I wouldn't mind that, with the event following FFW requiring Archangel and the event after that finally featuring Robbie.

However, I would not be surprised in the least bit if we have a 4 day event after Civil War requiring Thanos and then the rerun of FFW as Shuri's release event with a required 5* Black Panther. The marketing synergy seems too strong to ignore, and it would make a ton of sense to boost 5* Panther for a run of this event. 
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Just pulled my first Robbie Reyes, less than 12 hours after he was in Latest Tokens. I don't hoard and I didn't have any luck back during his release store. Glad I have him in time for when he is essential. May have to play CL 8 until he is beefier. 
  • broll
    I pulled 2 more GRs in 11 pulls trying for Kraven covers for SHEILD Training.  Anyone want to buy them off me?  LOL
  • broll
    They waited a whole event. He’s boosted in Meet Rocket & Groot right after Civil War. 
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Lolz.  So 7 days from packs to featured.  Brutal.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got him after my 10th pull from the Latest Legend since Monday.  I don't hoard so will sell some Thing and Kingpin covers as I don't want to use ISO to champ them.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Haven't pulled a cover for GR yet but I did manage to pull 6 AA covers over the past 4 days which puts him at 3 covers. I guess that's something decent to take from this? Would have much preferred Thor or GR on all of those pulls though.
  • uberhamster
    uberhamster Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Reaaaaallly looking forward to featured GR. :D
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2018
    Maybe I can get my 1st cover before the event ends.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    And of course it's a 7 day event. I guess that gives players a longer time to get covers before the event is over.
    7 day?  Meet Rocket and Groot is the event, and it’s the 4 day version.