Oh my god, are we REALLY going to have to play this event again in a few weeks?

13»

Comments

• DieMyDarling
    DieMyDarling Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    I think the collapsing mine should be if you match it away before it counts down you get 3 random AP. That way, just like the shield nodes, they are bad for you but strategic play can turn it around and have them work to your advantage.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    While i disagree 100% that these tiles were neutral and the loaner nodes were 1/1 and had to grind them for 0 rewards, I liked this PVE. It is about time we got something different.  

#bringheroicsback
    So bringing back something old that had major problems is something different?

If they were to bring Heroics back what I would like to see is them present 2 events the normal and the heroic version of the event.  You choose one and are locked out of the other.  Give some higher rewards for the heroic version.  This would enable people who like the heroics to choose them and people that don't like them the option to still have something to play.

Everytime I hear about heroics it reminds me so much of how frustrating those events were for the first 6 months I played.  To be entirely locked out because I had few to none of the required characters.  With a larger roster of characters this problem would be even worse.  I almost quit the game the second time I was locked out due to heroics.  The game should not lock new players out from playing.

/rantoff

OK back to the actual OP:

I didn't mind the event.  i'm in general not a big fan of the gimmicky tiles and I agree that these still aren't neutral as they still only trigger on one sides turn.  I'm also not a fan that it was basically the same old nodes again.  Even so it was at least somewhat different, I appreciated the artwork, and I appreciated having to think more puzzley in this puzzle game (though I would like that more if I wasn't penalized if I take too long...)
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    New challenges and being forced to come up with new teams is great and all, but if that was supposed to be the main theme of this event, then it was executed very poorly. Yes, the hazard tiles force you to come up with teams that are best for mitigating their effect, which is a nice change, but they are on EVERY node. In Honor Among Thieves there were only specific nodes that had these hazard tiles. Sure they didn't have effects that required any specific planning around, but that's a moot point. You had to deal with these same tiles on every node of each sub, so if you did happen to have a team that was great at dealing with the effects, you had to run it to death. How is that any better from 'smash through everything with R&G'? 

On top of that, you have Ultron Sentries on practically every node, who already add noticeable amounts of time to each match with their cascades, healing, and tile destruction. Ultron Sentries and their skill sets necessitate a specific set of characters to deal with, and the same goes for the effects of the hazard tiles, so what you're left with again is needing to run certain teams to death every day. I'm all for new content, but the new content needs to actually be fun. They've got time to go back to the drawing board and make some tweaks, so here's hoping that they listen to player concerns. 
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    At this point, I enjoy any event that has linear designed subs. I know where the essentials are 2* to 5*, easy to hard nodes, all left to right. I hate having to skip around the screen to find the next highest or lowest node in the progression. Or dealing with one-shot nodes that need to be addressed in order to unlock regular path “7 clear/6 reward” nodes
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    At this point, I enjoy any event that has linear designed subs. I know where the essentials are 2* to 5*, easy to hard nodes, all left to right. I hate having to skip around the screen to find the next highest or lowest node in the progression. Or dealing with one-shot nodes that need to be addressed in order to unlock regular path “7 clear/6 reward” nodes
    So much this!  I hate the events where the nodes were arranged by a shotgun.  They are not fun and incredibly frustrating.  I would love to see them to back and streamline those to be logically arrange (or at least put some kind of numbering or labeling on them)
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    I think the collapsing mine should be if you match it away before it counts down you get 3 random AP. That way, just like the shield nodes, they are bad for you but strategic play can turn it around and have them work to your advantage.
    I like this. They should also then affect both teams in the same manner in my opinion. 
  • Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    it's not that the event was "challenging", it's that it was Daken Moonstone Venom A G A I N I mean it's been 4 years this can't really be happening can it? 
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    Having finished the event, i have to admit that in the end it wasn't too hard. The first day was most annoying with those exploding tiles, but it could be counteracted with a deep roster. 
    Day 2 with the protect tiles didn't really bother me. It slowed things down a bit, but there are enough characters that can handle enemy protect tiles.
    Day 3 again not too difficult. The main annoyance here was the totally not-neutral hazard tile.
    So if they run this event again, i hope they tweak day one, the other days can can remain unchanged imo (maybe make the ap steal from day 3 for both teams).