Oh my god, are we REALLY going to have to play this event again in a few weeks?

NotBAMF
NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
Someone on a FB group I am in just said that it's already confirmed MPQ is re-running this event later this month for Shuri's release. Is that true?

I was honestly and truly hoping this event was going to be buried and I'd never have to see it again. 

Comments

• NotBAMF
    I appreciate different strokes for different folks and all. I'm not going to besmirch anyone else for liking this event, and hey... good on people for enjoying something! I, personally, just despised it. Keep in mind, I already don't particularly care for PVE because of the general "scheduled fun" feel and the repetitive, tedious nature of it. There have been times in the past several months where PVE has felt like homework or a bit frustrating to have to deal with, but this event made me actively hate playing the game for a few days. 

If they repeat this event, I am strongly considering just not playing PVE those days. 
  • Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    event's been fine but i lolled @ dark avengers again, like I genuinely think we're being trolled by the devs here
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    NotBAMF said:
    I appreciate different strokes for different folks and all. I'm not going to besmirch anyone else for liking this event, and hey... good on people for enjoying something! I, personally, just despised it. Keep in mind, I already don't particularly care for PVE because of the general "scheduled fun" feel and the repetitive, tedious nature of it. There have been times in the past several months where PVE has felt like homework or a bit frustrating to have to deal with, but this event made me actively hate playing the game for a few days. 

If they repeat this event, I am strongly considering just not playing PVE those days. 
    Well, you despise PvP too. You only have DDQ left now.
  • NotBAMF
    edited February 2018
    No, I like PVP just fine, I just recognize that it's a deeply flawed system that makes a large portion of the player base unhappy, and that for me, playing after a certain point is somewhat stressful and annoying. But I enjoy PVP much moreso than I do PVE. 

But that's all off-topic here. I'm just looking for confirmation that I'll have to deal with the fresh hell that was the Wakanda story again. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    While i disagree 100% that these tiles were neutral and the loaner nodes were 1/1 and had to grind them for 0 rewards, I liked this PVE. It is about time we got something different.  

#bringheroicsback
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    NotBAMF said:
    Keep in mind, I already don't particularly care for PVE because of the general "scheduled fun" feel and the repetitive, tedious nature of it. There have been times in the past several months where PVE has felt like homework or a bit frustrating to have to deal with, but this event made me actively hate playing the game for a few days.
    I'm the opposite, especially since hitting 5* land. PvE is about the only fun left in the game, since PvP is now nothing but Gambit, Gambit, Black Bolt & Gambit and Gambit.

Or if I'm lucky, I'll find a high HP Thanos and Daredevil to chew through.

PvE at least is burned through in less than an hour for me now, rather than the 2-3 hours it used to take in 4* land.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    NotBAMF said:
    No, I like PVP just fine, I just recognize that it's a deeply flawed system that makes a large portion of the player base unhappy, and that for me, playing after a certain point is somewhat stressful and annoying. But I enjoy PVP much moreso than I do PVE. 

But that's all off-topic here. I'm just looking for confirmation that I'll have to deal with the fresh hell that was the Wakanda story again. 
    Bamf, I’d strongly consider doing a late entry. I joined late last night and all three of the boss nodes were available for a quick 3500 iso each.  If anything it’s worth it for that alone. 
  • donpidgeon
    donpidgeon Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    I, as everyone else, was looking forward to some new PVE content. But what we got was just a rehash of "sorry, you need a pile of champed 4-stars to go anywhere".  Just like the Shield Training where I average 2 nodes before I lack the required characters / levels.

Shield training I can live with. Must be something for the high level players, right? But the Wakanda event? First subevent I spent 3 health packs every round. So I could not even clear it 4 times before I had to wait 8 hours for the health packs to refresh. Second subevent took forever since I had to collect enough AP to actually hurt the enemy through the shields. Third subevent was the same, except they took my AP away.

And Dark Avengers? I was glad when we left the previous event behind us as I was getting really tired of Bullseye. And who do I meet in the new event? Sigh.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Really the only bad part of this event was sub one with the exploding tiles you have to try and match in order to keep from getting AOE damage.  If ghost rider is the essential 5* that is going to make that 5* node a health pack suck since he will probably be at lower levels as a large portion of players are pulling all their LT to get Gambit as high as possible. 
  • slabag
    slabag Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Yes, we are going to have to replay this in a few weeks, and probably many more times after that. That’s the way the game rolls.

i also got frustrated with the various hazard tiles, until I realized that within my roster I had the tools to mitigate the damage that they would do. This event took some thought beyond smash through everything with the quickest team, I liked it.
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    I found this event to be boring. I can't imagine what it would be like with animations on. I think the devs want us to find something else to do with our time. You can do your match then go do something else and come back, if you are lucky the ai turn will have completed. The hazards are not neutral or they would steal the ai ap as well. Look we know you are trying to generate health pack sales, but could you at least not insult our intelligence when you do it. The sentry drones are the worst goons in the game. No one likes them. They are boring not challenging.
  • Arctic_One
    Arctic_One Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    The hazard tiles were meant to be neutral? They only hurt the player. Where did they say they were neutral or effecting both player and AI? If they have stated this then they have been misleading. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    The hazard tiles were meant to be neutral? They only hurt the player. Where did they say they were neutral or effecting both player and AI? If they have stated this then they have been misleading. 

The bigger point is that enemies who benefit from countdowns resolving don't get any benefit from these.
    Like the PvP a while ago that had hazards while 4* Carol Danvers was boosted, meaning every time one resolved she boosted her team's special tiles. Meanwhile you got nothing.

But yeah, in terms of the effect from these tiles, it's still leaning heavily in favour of the enemy.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    The first day sub was still nowhere as aggravating as Florida in the Hunt.
  • Sandmaker
    Sandmaker Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    What part of this event makes it more of a "chore" than other PvE events? Because it was more difficult and required you to stopped using R&G to actually deal with the new tiles?

This is the kind of event people have been requesting for a while now and I think they did a pretty good job overall. 
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    The tiles didn't bother me at all, but I thought the event was boring.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Its seems like there is lot of power creep in each successive pve release  (strange Sights, -> Venom bomb -> guardiants -> Wakanda..  But honestly, consider this point of view.  They've calibrated each scl to be progressively harder  against rosters that don't have competive chars/roters for tht event.  But the scls are actually well balanced in that you can drop a level and easily save a boat load of time on your clears, but give up x amount of cp, iso, tokens.  

But this works the other directions as well,  some events like meet Rocket groot, Thick at thieves iso8 become incredibly east because of the new chars that have grown and matured.  The sword cuts both ways.

No matter what people think about 5* rosters dropping to lower tiers, the level of time commitment and their roster leverage (ie. if you have champed versions of featured )  pretty much dictates people will always a level that gives them best bang for time spent.