4*s on Deadpool’s daily

First21
First21 Posts: 87 Match Maker
Do you think they should add 4*s into Deadpool’s daily because there are currently 63 4*s right now and it’s getting harder to get all the 4*s. What do you think?

Comments

• chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    People have been asking for this since there was about 30 four stars (2ish years ago). Doesn’t seem like it’s in the plans. Would be nice though. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was literally just suggesting this again in one of the threads about the aggressive character release schedule.  I've been playing this game nearly 2 years, been suggesting this on and off since my first 6 months playing.  It's something the game needs at some point, at this point I don't think we'll get until they add a 6* tier.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Every year DDQ gets updated and tweaked a bit. I can't recall when it happens, but maybe, just maybe, this year they'll finally get around to a daily set cover for 4*s. I know this is rather optimistic, but I never thought we'd be able to turn off animations either.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I definitely dont see it starting with daily 4* covers. Considering how D3 still see them as incredibly valuable, I think it would start with maybe 2 a week at most. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    Personally I don't see the point of having both 2* levels on DDQ - players will almost certainly tackle Under the Sea more than the other one and for lower level teams it just seems a drain on their 2* health. So I'd like to see the second 2* node scrapped and replaced - if that is with something that involves a 4* then great. Maybe they could run in conjunction with Crash - a 5 day node that you beat each day (opponents change daily) that unlocks the next day and if you get to the end you get a cover for the featured Crash character.

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS said:
    Every year DDQ gets updated and tweaked a bit. I can't recall when it happens, but maybe, just maybe, this year they'll finally get around to a daily set cover for 4*s. I know this is rather optimistic, but I never thought we'd be able to turn off animations either.

Were there any updates for the two year anniversary? DDQ launched in 2015 and got reworked in 2016, but I can't recall any Changes being made in 2017...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    I could see that second 2* node getting turned into a 3* node, and then the required becomes a 4* and the Crash becomes 5* eventually, but i don't know if we're there yet. I would welcome the opportunity to get more covers for older 4* characters though, it is very challenging to scrounge them up.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    STOPTHIS said:

Were there any updates for the two year anniversary? DDQ launched in 2015 and got reworked in 2016, but I can't recall any Changes being made in 2017...
    It got a re-work sometime in the first half of 2017. That's when the Behemoth Burrito was added. Probably fairly early in the year, since I started right around new year's, and that was the first major change in the game that I remember.
  • LeaveMyCookies
    LeaveMyCookies Posts: 62 Match Maker
    edited February 2018
    Quebbster said:
    STOPTHIS said:

It got a re-work sometime in the first half of 2017. That's when the Behemoth Burrito was added. Probably fairly early in the year, since I started right around new year's, and that was the first major change in the game that I remember.
    Yes. Here's the thread from back then: 

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/59848/update-to-deadpools-daily-quest-2-21-17

So it was actually around this time. 
  • broll
    Quebbster said:
    STOPTHIS said:

Pretty sure the DDQ overhall was Feb or March 2017. The Christmas change was a Thanos DDQ which was clearly and alpha or beta test of the new DDQ.
  • mrcheddar
    mrcheddar Posts: 58 Match Maker
    edited February 2018
    The simplest step would be to just add a cover of the required character to the crash (in addition to the legendary token) - makes it more like the 3* cover in that you have to have the character rostered to get an additional cover.
  • ABaker84
    ABaker84 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    I think they should finally do something with the prologue tab, make it the daily/weekly tab, move DDQ, keep it as is. Move shield training over there (when it's active) and run system reboot weekly . Doesn't have to be reworked characters . Maybe one from the "Token Twelve" and one from "Vintage".  2 four Star covers over the course of 7 days is fair, at least I think so
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    DDQ already gives a 4* every 5 days, in the form of a Latest Legend token.  It's a random 4*, but also possibly a 5*. 
    That said, I like the idea of a node that is locked until you beat the crash, that gives a cover for the required character in the crash. That would only be giving out one more cover every 5 days, and only to the players that already have them rostered.
  • LeaveMyCookies
    LeaveMyCookies Posts: 62 Match Maker
    DDQ already gives a 4* every 5 days, in the form of a Latest Legend token.  It's a random 4*, but also possibly a 5*. 
    That said, I like the idea of a node that is locked until you beat the crash, that gives a cover for the required character in the crash. That would only be giving out one more cover every 5 days, and only to the players that already have them rostered.
    What if I have the character but it's not covered well enough to beat the crash? The proposed idea is essentially flawed, because it rewards only those with well established rosters. Compare this to 3* node where yes, the character IS required, but you get to pick 2 other characters you want to help you clear it. You can't do that with crash, heck, you can't even bring team ups. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Personally I don't see the point of having both 2* levels on DDQ - players will almost certainly tackle Under the Sea more than the other one and for lower level teams it just seems a drain on their 2* health. So I'd like to see the second 2* node scrapped and replaced - if that is with something that involves a 4* then great. Maybe they could run in conjunction with Crash - a 5 day node that you beat each day (opponents change daily) that unlocks the next day and if you get to the end you get a cover for the featured Crash character.

I think the original theory was that 1* teams could do both the 1* & Under the Sea nodes to smooth the transition to 2*'s.  Using three 1*'s, Under the Sea is still pretty simple, albeit more time-consuming than with 2*'s.  How many 1* players play DDQ is debatable, but I'm sure the dev's have the data if it matters.

Personally, since they already have the programming more-or-less complete and can implement it easily, I'd like to see "Crash of the Mad Titan" run on the 5-day cycle, with the award being one cover of the Crash of the Titans 4* (different from the HfH offer).  That helps provide more access to 4* covers while presumably not requiring any terribly significant effort to implement, as the feature was run a year or so ago.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    What about making the second 2* node a mini-Combined Arms node, where you have to pick a 1*, a 2* and a 3*?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited February 2018
    What if Crash's allowed you to use Team Up powers for the required character (Hobofist is required, you can use Hobofist team up powers)? That way if you have an under-covered 4*, but you had a good team up for that same character, you could still compete?
  • broll
    I'd gladly trade the random for a guaranteed and loose out on a 5* every(7x5) 35 days.  RNG is a major problem and grows with dilution.  Having guaranteed and predictable covers helps a filling out a tier.  

I'm at this point the past the point where it would really help me.  I've only got like 6 vintage missing any covers, but I would hate to be starting the game now vs 2 years ago.  I think there are 4 times as many 4*s now as when I started.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    As someone who only recently got serious rostering all the 4*s, you can get "a" cover for pretty much anybody without tons of effort. Though that one win-based pvp season definitely helped me do it. That being said, I have exactly 0 "classic" 4* characters above 10 covers, and several down in the 1-3 range still (who aren't new releases).
  • AlwaysWrong
    AlwaysWrong Posts: 67 Match Maker
    You can get the required DDQ 4* every time. 

For 3600 hero points.

That's probably working quite well, so it probably won't change to free.