4*s on Deadpool’s daily

2»

Comments

• LeaveMyCookies
    LeaveMyCookies Posts: 62 Match Maker
    You can get the required DDQ 4* every time. 

For 3600 hero points.

That's probably working quite well, so it probably won't change to free. 
    But then again how many 3* --> 4* transition players are able to dish out 3600 HP WEEKLY. I know I can't. I have all 3* champed and my highest 4* is at 12 covers, and it's a vintage one. 92 roster slots and at the current pace I just can't slow down, new chars are being released every 2 weeks or so, I don't even know. Every time I get up to 1k HP I'm buying a roster slot, there's just no other way. 
  • AlwaysWrong
    AlwaysWrong Posts: 67 Match Maker
    But then again how many 3* --> 4* transition players are able to dish out 3600 HP WEEKLY. I know I can't. I have all 3* champed and my highest 4* is at 12 covers, and it's a vintage one. 92 roster slots and at the current pace I just can't slow down, new chars are being released every 2 weeks or so, I don't even know. Every time I get up to 1k HP I'm buying a roster slot, there's just no other way. 
    That's a fair point from a player's perspective, and also very accurate from the business perspective. How many can use that 3600 every time without spending real money? Very few and never every time. 
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    Getting a 4* from DDQ (other than the one time a week battle for a LT) would be way too little work. In both PVE and PVP it takes a considerable effort to get a 4* (at least in time). If one could get an easy 4* in DDQ, that would seriously devaluate the 4* from PVE/PVP.
    This would only serve to more people only doing DDQ. I like the sense of achievement getting a 4*. Don't cheapen it too much.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Personally I don't see the point of having both 2* levels on DDQ - players will almost certainly tackle Under the Sea more than the other one and for lower level teams it just seems a drain on their 2* health. So I'd like to see the second 2* node scrapped and replaced - if that is with something that involves a 4* then great. Maybe they could run in conjunction with Crash - a 5 day node that you beat each day (opponents change daily) that unlocks the next day and if you get to the end you get a cover for the featured Crash character.

I think the original theory was that 1* teams could do both the 1* & Under the Sea nodes to smooth the transition to 2*'s.  Using three 1*'s, Under the Sea is still pretty simple, albeit more time-consuming than with 2*'s.  How many 1* players play DDQ is debatable, but I'm sure the dev's have the data if it matters.

Personally, since they already have the programming more-or-less complete and can implement it easily, I'd like to see "Crash of the Mad Titan" run on the 5-day cycle, with the award being one cover of the Crash of the Titans 4* (different from the HfH offer).  That helps provide more access to 4* covers while presumably not requiring any terribly significant effort to implement, as the feature was run a year or so ago.
    Crash of the Mad Titans was a delight and would be welcome.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's a fair point from a player's perspective, and also very accurate from the business perspective. How many can use that 3600 every time without spending real money? Very few and never every time. 
    That said I think it is likely that tactics have evolved for HFH: the Dev's are clearly aware of circumstances when players will bite hence the mysterious offers to players when a cover is dying on the vine for 13th cover.