New story event?

Bubba3210
Bubba3210 Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
Does anyone else see a new story event starting on February 8? I did not see a post from Brigby but it might be too early.

Comments

• 1EvilMan
    1EvilMan Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Looks like it might be in Wakanda. Probably something to do with Black Panther's movie 
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    It overlaps with the Hunt. So it can't be a full PVE event.
    Expect it to be a few nodes for a cover and ISO. Just like the GotG events or the Antman event or the Chulk event or the Coulson event.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches said:
    Expect it to be a few nodes for a cover and ISO. Just like the GotG events or the Antman event or the Chulk event or the Coulson event.
    By my calculations the countdown ends when slice 1 of the PvE after The Hunt would begin, That PvE would also happen to be a new character release. A new PvE event is definitely not out of the question.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    Daiches said:
    By my calculations the countdown ends when slice 1 of the PvE after The Hunt would begin, That PvE would also happen to be a new character release. A new PvE event is definitely not out of the question.
    A 3-day The Hunt with a 24-hour Florida sub event, and no overlap, and the new event being a full PvE event (and yeah, VERY likely a release), is far more likely than the event after The Hunt starting on a Friday (which would be necessary for there to be an overlap).
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just as long as we aren't fighting Dark Avengers. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Quebbster said:
    Daiches said:
    A 3-day The Hunt with a 24-hour Florida sub event, and no overlap, and the new event being a full PvE event (and yeah, VERY likely a release), is far more likely than the event after The Hunt starting on a Friday (which would be necessary for there to be an overlap).
    Brigby already confirmed The Hunt is the three day version this time. 24 hour Florida sub, yay!
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    It looks slightly aquatic to me, but I agree Wakanda is indicated by proximity to movie.  Didn't Wakanda and Atlantis have a war not long ago in the comics?  We already have Black Panther.  Maybe Namor as a new character?
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like new content. Good enough for me, if so. Bonus if it's meaningful content akin to Strange Sights.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Or maybe I'm just being influenced by the several whales directly next to the picture in question? :-) Is that the sky, or the sea?
  • cameronsch
    cameronsch Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    It looks slightly aquatic to me, but I agree Wakanda is indicated by proximity to movie.  Didn't Wakanda and Atlantis have a war not long ago in the comics?  We already have Black Panther.  Maybe Namor as a new character?
    It would be neat if Namor made it to the game. Extra bonus if they made an alliance event, similar to Civil War, where you choose a side. Wakanda vs Atlantis
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    ***Let me be absolutely clear. Spoiler info and data mined info is prohibited on the forums. ***
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, I guess he'll have more time to play MPQ now.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Ducky said:
    ***Let me be absolutely clear. Spoiler info and data mined info is prohibited on the forums. ***

Where is there spoiler info? Are you going to throw more players in 'forum jail' like me for making some assumptions because a certain movie is around the corner. Can you let us have fun guessing without ruining it?

Edit: I did not know that there were actually spoilers in here. Regardless I am still not happy for being jailed for Spoiling nothing and getting ignored by the mod and community manager.
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Ducky said:

Where is there spoiler info? Are you going to throw more players in 'forum jail' like me for making some assumptions because a certain movie is around the corner. Can you let us have fun guessing without ruining it?
    Oh, there was no guessing.  He posted a link to the datamined spoiler thread.  Not smart.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ducky said:

It was deleted along with any and all posts that talked about the content on the spoiler document. This thread used to be like three pages long.
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    I will guess that it is a new 4 star character event with the final node giving us a cover for it.
  • FinnyMPQ
    FinnyMPQ Posts: 51 Match Maker
    edited February 2018
    I'm confused as to why I got hit with 3 points. I only made 1 post (which included no game references). Yea, I clicked on the link that was posted, but being relatively new to the forums I didn't realize that would be a punishable action. Not trying to cause any problems because of it, simply looking for clarification

Or am I just looking at my profile incorrectly? (Like I said, noob...lol)
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    FinnyMPQ said:
    I'm confused as to why I got hit with 3 points. I only made 1 post (which included no game references). Yea, I clicked on the link that was posted, but being relatively new to the forums I didn't realize that would be a punishable action. Not trying to cause any problems because of it, simply looking for clarification

Or am I just looking at my profile incorrectly? (Like I said, noob...lol)
    Hi FinnyMPQ,

What I believe you are seeing are the points from the point system used to award badges. Although I am not well-versed in the system, I will hazard to guess that you received 1 point for making a profile, 1 point for your first post and 1 point for someone liking one of your posts. 

You haven't received any warnings. In the event that you do receive a warning, a moderator will contact you directly citing the reason why your are receiving warning.  If you wish to contest a warning, please contact either a moderator or Brigby via PM. Also, If you haven't had a chance yet, please do go over the Forum rules.

Hopefully that answers your question and welcome to the forums!