How do you recycle/reroster your max champed characters?

Options
13»

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So to preface this, I'm a 5* player (12 5* champs with Thor waiting on Iso,) so my HP income is quite good (well over what I need for new Roster Slots and shields,) and while I hit the occasional Iso drought, I've got some good reserves and can usually scrape by.  So this is what I do:

1* - I keep around 3 1* for DDQ but don't bother rostering more for the exp - I don't think it's worth my time.

2* - the rewards for champing 2*s are well worth it  - When one of my 2*s hit 139, I create a duplicate.  I fully cover that duplicate, then advance the main to 144.  If I get uneven covers (something past a 5,) I'll just apply it to the main.  Once I get an extra cover past 144, I sell the main, champ the duplicate (with the 8k or so Iso shortfall, as noted above,) and start over.  Yeah, it means I have to maintain a few more roster slots, but my HP can support that.  I usually have around 3 2* dupes going at any one time.  I have yet to actively waste 2* covers, though I have gotten the main to 144 with the dupe at something like 2/5/5 a few times. So far the right cover has come in before extra ones have expired, though.

3* - a very similar procedure - I start the dupe at 261, fully cover them, then advance the main to 266.  3* covers fall more evenly, I've never even come close to 266 with the dupe not fully covered.  I don't sell the dupe, though.  I figure it's worth the extra Iso and HP to keep another version of the character around for when they're featured in PVP.  A 266 3* is much better than a 166, and PVP is all about the perception of strength.  I'll sell a 3* main under the following circumstances:

- The main is noticeably past the halfway point of 216

- Their PVP has come up recently

- I really need the Iso

I've sold 4 so far, and they're  all getting comfortably close to 251 again. If I ever get really strapped for Iso, though, I can tap into a reserve of 20 characters.

4* - hasn't happened yet, my highest 4* is just over 350.  I'll probably do the same thing as the 3*s, though.

• Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Feels like we just had a similar thread a couple months ago and that this one has gone off track quite a bit.
    As for me, I spent most of my HP on roster slots a month ago during the sale to bring me up to 206 and am already back up over 9000 HP so slots are not much of an issue here.

For 2*s I have 2 of each at all times, one to use and one for building. When my low one hits 135 I sell my 144 and start a rebuild until it hits 13 covers or 4/4/4 then go back finishing the other.

For 3* I usually start rebuilds at 257 and treat the same as 2*s. I have pushed some 3*s straight to 265 if I needed the 4* cover rewarded.

I'm a long way off on 4*s, but intend to start rebuilds at 360 and only sell 370s if they have been made a 5* feeder already.

I don't think I'll ever have to think about maxed 5*s.
  • The_A_Train
    The_A_Train Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The green bin. I recycle mine in the green bin. 
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I sell my maxed 3* only as a last resort because I need the ISO for 4* or 5*.  And which 3* I sell depends on what level the duplicate is at.  I used to worry about the 3*'s PVP event, but as practically all I ever see is Gambit, Bolt, 3*, it doesn't really matter.
    My maxed 2* I sell as soon as I have a single cover for a new copy.
  • cameronsch
    cameronsch Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Vold said:
    So far I only recycle 2x *

i try to collect as many covers as possible until my oldest one is about to expire then I sell the max champ and recruit a new one with all the covers I’ve gathered.
    :)

i’m Curious why I keep reading people trying to conserve ISOs...

personally i I got too much to even know what to do with them and everyone is maxed where possible.
    As you gain more 4*'s, and 5*'s, you will come to a point where having a few million banked, is a blessing. Numerous ones could be ready to champ simultaneously, due to some good cover draws in a row. 
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    To expand upon that, I wouldn't be selling a4* u til having another at a high level. This is of course wishful thinking planning way ahead.

As for the part in bold, when they have been upgrading 4* champ rewards to give 5*s they only award them based on current roster. So for example: If someone had 2 Medusas at 370 and sold one prior to them giving out Blackbolts they only received 6 instead of 12 if they had held on.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Edit: Realised I was just repeating something.