Prepping for Galactus

Comments

• Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    So far in 3 rounds, I've not had a match go past turn 2.
    Boosted, Champed 4* Rocket & Groot + any Guardian means near instant win.

Once we get to Higher levels, I will probably stick with Grocket, St4r Lord, and TA Hulk.  

Keys to Galactus are those that can target/prevent special tiles:
    4* - Star Lord, TA Hulk, Teen Jean, Thor
    3* - GSBW, Falcon, Thanos, Hood, Captain America

Choose your strongest from those, or ones with similar abilities and your strongest nuke.  While building your nuke prevent his countdowns.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    4-star Grocket + a Guardian = What else is new

Throw in 3-star Iron Fist instead of Medusa for his boosted attack tile. Once Galactus starts getting crazy amounts of health in the upper rounds I may need to swap the Guardian for XFW and work his black nuke in, but I doubt it.

With boosted Grocket this should be one of the most boring auto-pilot boss events ever.

• Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ask your alliance for Ghost Rider (4*) teamups.  Galactus does enough damage in the buildup to his nuke that you can down him before he gets enough AP.
  • LeaveMyCookies
    LeaveMyCookies Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Angel/archangel is the answer, just rush B(lack)
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,795 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* gambit again proves to be the easy button for bosses that are special tile dependent.
    Let’s not make this about gambit again, if you are in 5 star land then you are probably heavy into 4 stars anyway and a half decent 4 star roster has made these boss battles about as easy as the starting nodes in pve. 

Since i had 15 ish 4 star champs I can’t remember getting close to losing a boss fight.

Boss battles haven’t been remotely challenging for a long time, enjoy the time off I suppose.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony Foot said:
    5* gambit again proves to be the easy button for bosses that are special tile dependent.

Since i had 15 ish 4 star champs I can’t remember getting close to losing a boss fight.

Boss battles haven’t been remotely challenging for a long time, enjoy the time off I suppose.
    Guess you never played Boss Rush that one time or that was before the time you're mentioning.

It's pretty sad when the side nodes are twice as hard as beating the boss, even for round 8.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Looking forward to using Vulture with boosted 5/5/3 Hobo Fist and R4G once the Galactus matches actually require a few turns.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    This event shows the utter lunancy that is 4* Grocket. Mine isn't even champed or fully covered but if you have 5 in yellow + 1 Guardian mate in tow, he absolutely shreds Galactus when boosted. I can level him up some more too, so will keep an eye on that for the later rounds when Big G gets tougher.
  • ScottieJoJo
    ScottieJoJo Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    For anyone that doesn't have a super great 4 and 5 star roster, I have had great success with 3 star hulk (5/4/4), OBW and mohawk storm. The key so far is to avoid matching green if possible, and make sure hulk gets hit but he first round of countdown tiles. The anger that is unleashed, powers up storm. Storm unleashes green a few times usually. OBW then has enough to steal any AP that he gained, and then it's been super easy to kill him within a few minutes. Currently on round 6. Yes, this means Hulk needs to be healed every couple times (He usually only loses 1000-2000 health per time), but the other two never get hit. Hope that helps some people. 
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    For anyone that doesn't have a super great 4 and 5 star roster, I have had great success with 3 star hulk (5/4/4), OBW and mohawk storm. The key so far is to avoid matching green if possible, and make sure hulk gets hit but he first round of countdown tiles. The anger that is unleashed, powers up storm. Storm unleashes green a few times usually. OBW then has enough to steal any AP that he gained, and then it's been super easy to kill him within a few minutes. Currently on round 6. Yes, this means Hulk needs to be healed every couple times (He usually only loses 1000-2000 health per time), but the other two never get hit. Hope that helps some people. 

The other way is Kamala in instead of OBW. She makes plenty of green to feed Storm alongside the Anger going off, with the added bonus of healing, so you can last longer in the later rounds.
  • Dormammu
    When I was a 3-star player I always used Cyclops, Iron Fist, and then either Patch or Daken. I'd have Iron Fist creating black for Cyclops, and Cyclops making red with yellow, and then nuking the tinykitty out of Galactus with Cyclops' black and red. I'd throw in Patch or Daken as true-healing meat bags, but they could add in a couple of licks too with either green or blue.

Now I just yawn and make 1-3 matches with Grocket's tiles on the board and he's dead.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    With IF and R&G boosted and Medusa added, it's easily 2k every turn even without matching damage. Until now a great combo. Might change in later rounds though when Galactus is stronger.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    With IF and R&G boosted and Medusa added, it's easily 2k every turn even without matching damage. Until now a great combo. Might change in later rounds though when Galactus is stronger.
    Yep.  It will change to R&G, IF and G4mora.
  • Dormammu
    Dogface said:
    lol. Yeah, I just started the event with those 3. I'm sure that'll remain my Galactus team even into round 7.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I put in Drax with Grocket and 3* Iron Fist since The Destroyer can eliminate countdowns and Iron Fist can feed black... But really, even in the last round it's not needed. Galactus is down long before he is any threat. Any Guardian to boost the strikes will do the trick.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Dormammu said:
    Dogface said:
    lol. Yeah, I just started the event with those 3. I'm sure that'll remain my Galactus team even into round 7.
    It's taking that team three turns to kill off Galactus in round 6.  Fastest.  Boss Clears.  Ever.  I never thought anyone would take the "Best Cheat Code" title away from Boosted/Champed Teen Jean, but Boosted/Champed Grocket does just that.

Edit - LOL.  Just killed him off (20,996 damage) in one turn thanks to two crits.  Crazy.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Medusa, R4G & Gamora  worked for me until the 6th Round, then I replaced Medusa with Iron Fist  (3*).  Almost got beaten in some matches but I got to the 8th round and achieved full progression.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    On Round 7 with champed boosted 5* Daredevil, G4ocket and G4mora (sometimes Yondu). Galactus still hasn't had any CDs resolve. 
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Using rocket gamora and medusa I only got hit once in all the fights and it was the second to last fight before I got the token from personal progression
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Round 8 and still no damage taken using Grockamoradusa.