Prepping for Galactus

Bubba3210
Bubba3210 Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
I am thinking of running 4* Deadpool, Xforce Wolverine and Quake. Do what if’s that are destroyed in the bottom row do damage?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I remember correctly, 3* hulk is your best friend in this event.  3* hulk generating green + any storm + damage dealer was the way to go in past runs.  

I'll probably by trying SW, 3*fist & XFW.
  • Bubba3210
    OJSP said:
    Any destroyed Countdown for What tiles would deal damage. But, why did you ask specifically about the bottom row? Perhaps you were thinking about Ultron destroying the bottom row? Galactus doesn’t do that.
    It’s been too long. Thanks for the clarification. I have twenty four stars champed. I will find a good combo.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm going with the classic 3* Hulk, Mostorm and CMags.. eventually switch out CMags for KK. The team never failed me against Galactus and it allows me to use my 4*s for PvP
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any team with decent synergy should work fairly well vs. Galactus. He hasn't been especially hard since the very first run where you had to kill him within 3 turns or die.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    What are his powers again. I tend to forget this.
  • Bubba3210
    I'm going with the classic 3* Hulk, Mostorm and CMags.. eventually switch out CMags for KK. The team never failed me against Galactus and it allows me to use my 4*s for PvP
    Do you ever use 4* Cyclops instead of mags?
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    you know know that other people mention it, i actually completely forgot how this boss fight goes.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    you know know that other people mention it, i actually completely forgot how this boss fight goes.
    Galactus creates Cosmic tiles that he destroys, both passively. These tiles get him AP (starting at 1AP; it increases to 3AP I think) in their respective colour. Once he reaches 28 or 30 Black AP (I forgot), he will one-shot your team with one million AoE damage.

Ah heck I should have just gone to the link from the start http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki/Galactus_(Devourer_of_Worlds)
    what fun would that be just linking it. but thanks a lot, i think i hated the event cuz at that point i didnt really stand much of a chance. now i look forward to it a bit.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't forget to ask for Ghost Rider TUs
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry to borrow this thread. In how many hours time does the boss event begin? 6 hours?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry to borrow this thread. In how many hours time does the boss event begin? 6 hours?

Noon EST, so just under five hours now.
  • redviper85
    redviper85 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Does Galactus do AOE or just insta-win. Because if AOE nightcrawler will just jump away while presumably the whole world is eaten. Not sure where he'll land but he will still be alive :smiley:
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does Galactus do AOE or just insta-win. Because if AOE nightcrawler will just jump away while presumably the whole world is eaten. Not sure where he'll land but he will still be alive :smiley:

I Think people have tried to avoid the auto-win attack by going Airborne Before (Fastball Special), and it worked in the early runs but then it changed to it didn't work any more.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    I believe it is aoe but something like 999 999 damage.  Would be interesting to see if nightcrawlers passive works
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2018

Does anyone know if Galactus' auto-death move will hit an airborne Vulture?

EDIT: Oh, I see people are talking about the possibilities of being airborne already. So I'll just follow along and see if anyone has any answers.

• evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    In the past he did not hit airborne target ,I used to bring a colossus team up for that very purpose 
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    5* gambit again proves to be the easy button for bosses that are special tile dependent.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bubba3210 said:
    Do you ever use 4* Cyclops instead of mags?

Actually no.. I never thought about it because I've always used this team. The point of CMags is the board shake with red and lesser extent blue for cascades.. I switched to KK a year ago to keep green on the board
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    What are effective teams against Galactus?
  • Bubba3210
    What are effective teams against Galactus?
    4* Rocket, Medusa and 3* Iron Fist are fast.