MPQ at Marvel.com (Ghost Rider - Robbie Reyes) (1/23/18)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited January 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone - 
Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) rolls his way into Marvel Puzzle Quest!  
Check out 5- Star Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) - HERE

Tagged:

Comments

• Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I read the article on Marvel.com and he sounds like a good 5*. Can't wait.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,267 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    that art looks awesome! really regretting spending that 20 cp earlier today now lol. Oh well, I'll get him when i get him.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So many green users. There are 5 other colors, you know!

Holding judgement on this one until I see the length of stun and damage numbers.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Got to keep that Red Hulk relevant lol
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Same; i'm trying my best to get caught up on roster slots to the release schedule. the end is in sight, but the goal keeps moving further out! With this new ghost rider, I need to come up with 19 more slots to have every non-1* on roster
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby: When you have a moment, ask the developers if the Ghost Rider Legendary store includes two other 5*s, and if so, who they are?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’m excited there’s no 3* coming with him. I seriously need an Iso break and still need to champ Angel!

Damn. I was hoping to see 3* Ghostrider on a flaming horse!

• Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Knew it from the clue now can we get the boss event detaills @Brigby
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    ZeiramMR said:
    Brigby: When you have a moment, ask the developers if the Ghost Rider Legendary store includes two other 5*s, and if so, who they are?
    Yes, Ghost Rider's Legendary store will contain 2 other 5-Star characters. I'm crafting a post that includes a couple more details about Galactus Hungers, and the pertinent stores.
  • jtmagee
    jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Anyone else getting a link to a general news site and not the link to the interview and page itself?
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options
    jtmagee said:
    Anyone else getting a link to a general news site and not the link to the interview and page itself?
    Fixed, thanks!
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Looks like ichigo(bleach) in his hollow form. 
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Black could actually be less powerful than Penance Stare, depending on the circumstances. The other powers sound neat though.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Huh. How about that.

I was sure they'd go back to the "old" 5/4/4 schedule, give us another 4, and save the 5 for a Black Panther movie tie-in.

This is way better, to be honest. I'm down for a Ghost Rider 5*.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seems like a random choice for a 5*, but I'm not complaining. That art is sick. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jarvind said:
    Black could actually be less powerful than Penance Stare, depending on the circumstances. The other powers sound neat though.
    And yet, if you get a massive black cascade, the enemy can make one match and you can nuke whoever made it on turn two. So yes, depending on the circumstances. I think I like the predictable amount of damage this version of vengence can do, while Penance remains a great emergency team up for when things have gone horribly wrong. It just sucks that Penance is designed for you to be having a bad, health-eating match for it to really do anything. I guess it’s a 4* counter to Gambolt though, with Cloak and Dagger to get you enough black AP before Gambit can Aces and Eights your whole team down.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Huh. How about that.

I was sure they'd go back to the "old" 5/4/4 schedule, give us another 4, and save the 5 for a Black Panther movie tie-in.

This is way better, to be honest. I'm down for a Ghost Rider 5*.
    It makes a lot more sense for them to make a 4* BP since there isn't one in that tier than a second 5* BP or some less important character from the movie.

I was surprised to see them go with GR particularly Robbie Reyes, especially when there's a number of MCU Avengers that still haven't gotten 5* treatment.  But they're likely saving those for later tie-ins.
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Wow, Ghost Rider's design is really cool. He looks like a lot of fun, and his AP generation will help his already cheap moves. It's just too bad that, since Ghostie relies heavily on special tiles, he'll be completely irrelevant out of the gate thanks to Gambit. I appreciate the thought behind most of these new 5*s, but Gambit is a jerk and ruins all their fun. Good thing I have him champed! See the video below for an example (Gambit is Indy, the swordsman is...well, everyone else).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQKrmDLvijo

• Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It depends on the length of stun of GR's red. If it's a 3+ turn stun, I think he's a good counter to Gambit, particularly if paired with <50% health Thor. That red is easy to come by and Gambit can be stun-locked.

But if it's at most a 1- or 2-turn stun it's going to be disappointing. The 5* tier desperately needs a cheap stun a la G4mora or Bobby.