Options
13»

Comments

• sirwookieechris
    sirwookieechris Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    evade420 said:
    evade420 said:
    Not seeing this sale I'm on android in Canada. 
    Too bad because I would for sure buy it
    Weird. I’m on Android in Canada and I have it for $9.99
    I see it as well (Canadian Android user!).
    was it a pop up? I still cant find it.
    My game is installed via amazon app store I wonder if that has something to do with it?
    I saw the deal on my iPad but switched to my android phone since I had amazon coins left over from digital day. Did not have the offer on my amazon app installed device either. Bought it on the iPad for cash.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    evade420 said:
    evade420 said:
    Not seeing this sale I'm on android in Canada. 
    Too bad because I would for sure buy it
    Weird. I’m on Android in Canada and I have it for $9.99
    I see it as well (Canadian Android user!).
    was it a pop up? I still cant find it.
    My game is installed via amazon app store I wonder if that has something to do with it?
    I saw the deal on my iPad but switched to my android phone since I had amazon coins left over from digital day. Did not have the offer on my amazon app installed device either. Bought it on the iPad for cash.
    I finally got it to show up . I had to re-install the app from Google play store ( previously I had installed it from Amazon app store)
    I guess it's not being offered to Amazon players
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Got it on my Android device for AUD$10.99 - snapped it up fast as 4 of those 3* characters were within striking range of a Legendary Token
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Phumade said:
    I got it too.  Of course its not really geared for anyone on the forums so hard to say if its actually a good deal or not.

my only issue is that it should have been for 4* chars (maybe just the classics 1st 20 like hp/jg/ice)

It's a starter pack. Why on earth 'should' a starter pack be for 4* characters? IMO they actually managed NOT to mess this up by including 4*s or anything that would make life harder for a newcomer. I have a 'newcomer' account on Steam that I dabble in from time to time, and putting 4*s into this would've definitely stopped me buying it.

It's definitely a good deal for newer players.

12.99 AUD here. 

AUD $10.99 here.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I bought it immediately. It was £5.79 for me, so I don't know how that eqautes to dollars, specifically.

It looked like a really good deal to me. Especially since it let me finish off Spider Man and such.
    £6.99 for me. I swear, I always end up on the raw end of A/B testing. 
    Might be because I live in the North of England.
    Things are grim up here. The mines are shut down; whippets are becomming an endangers species; flat caps are getting bought and sold on ebay by scalpers...it's the end times.

I assume they threw us a bone since our wages haven't caught up to what you posh southerners were getting at the turn of the millenium.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At this point, it's not worth spending actual dollars on to me. I probably would have grabbed it if I were still in that level of play, tho. It would depend on where I stood with regard to Roster Space and whether or not that would leave me with a bunch of unusable covers.
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2018
    Options

Lystrata said:
    Phumade said:
    I got it too.  Of course its not really geared for anyone on the forums so hard to say if its actually a good deal or not.

my only issue is that it should have been for 4* chars (maybe just the classics 1st 20 like hp/jg/ice)

It's a starter pack. Why on earth 'should' a starter pack be for 4* characters? IMO they actually managed NOT to mess this up by including 4*s or anything that would make life harder for a newcomer. I have a 'newcomer' account on Steam that I dabble in from time to time, and putting 4*s into this would've definitely stopped me buying it.

It's definitely a good deal for newer players.

12.99 AUD here. 

AUD $10.99 here.
    I thought as much I'm **** in the A/B testing.  Was willing to buy before I knew I was ****. Not now. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,860 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
     £5.79
    £6.99
    Lystrata said:
    Dotproduct said:
    12.99 AUD here. 
    AUD $10.99 here.
    Aren’t these differences simply because of playing on different platforms? iOS £7.99 , Android (£6.99) , Steam (£5.79) and no offer for Amazon devices? With them announcing the offers in their daily news pop up windows, I imagine it would’ve been difficult to personalise the contents and do an A/B testing? Those who were offered the pack for HPs or CPs appeared to receive a bugged sales page, hence why they couldn’t purchase it.
    Possibly it was bugged due to them originally intending the offer to be HP cost rather than real money, as has been the case so far for HFH. HFH has had variable pricing in the past, so it may have been intended to do more A/B testing before switching to cash value dependent on platform. Dunno, just a guess.

Anyway, having revisited this I may change my mind and purchase. If this deal is a sign of what is to come, they may have to have another look at VIP though - in this deal alone you get 27 covers plus everything else vs 28 items +1cp for streaks.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
     £5.79
    £6.99
    Lystrata said:
    Dotproduct said:
    12.99 AUD here. 
    AUD $10.99 here.
    Aren’t these differences simply because of playing on different platforms? iOS £7.99 , Android (£6.99) , Steam (£5.79) and no offer for Amazon devices? With them announcing the offers in their daily news pop up windows, I imagine it would’ve been difficult to personalise the contents and do an A/B testing? Those who were offered the pack for HPs or CPs appeared to receive a bugged sales page, hence why they couldn’t purchase it.
    US player I got $7.99 on my iOS account and $7.99 on my steam account so I'm not seeing a platform difference.  I was assuming regional price differences or A/B testing.
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I bought it immediately. It was £5.79 for me, so I don't know how that eqautes to dollars, specifically.

It looked like a really good deal to me. Especially since it let me finish off Spider Man and such.
    Things are grim up here. The mines are shut down; whippets are becomming an endangers species; flat caps are getting bought and sold on ebay by scalpers...it's the end times.

I assume they threw us a bone since our wages haven't caught up to what you posh southerners were getting at the turn of the millenium.
    I'm going to guess that I'm a smidge further North and East than you, and I had it for £6.99.

From the home of Greggs and Brown Ale
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    broll said:
    OJSP said:
     £5.79
    £6.99
    Lystrata said:
    Dotproduct said:
    12.99 AUD here. 
    AUD $10.99 here.
    US player I got $7.99 on my iOS account and $7.99 on my steam account so I'm not seeing a platform difference.  I was assuming regional price differences or A/B testing.
    D3 and Demiurge are US based, so I would assume they released it at $7.99 on all platforms in the US. Perhaps android, steam, and iOS use different rates when converting to foreign currencies.
  • badsaj
    badsaj Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm in a race to get Rogue champed before the 14th cover expires, so I figured I'd spend the $7.99 to get the iso and the scl points for the champ levels of all the covers to get me a little closer to moving up a level. The thing I didn't think about is all the iso from the champ levels, by the time I applied all the covers I actually got over 36,000 iso. If you were just to buy that much iso in the store (which would be foolish) it would cost $50.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 701 Critical Contributor
    Options
    badsaj said:
    I'm in a race to get Rogue champed before the 14th cover expires, so I figured I'd spend the $7.99 to get the iso and the scl points for the champ levels of all the covers to get me a little closer to moving up a level. The thing I didn't think about is all the iso from the champ levels, by the time I applied all the covers I actually got over 36,000 iso. If you were just to buy that much iso in the store (which would be foolish) it would cost $50.

Yeah, it was a good deal all around.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,652 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Howay man, maybe that £1.20 extra will be used to extend HS2 to the real North or to change all ketchup into brown sauce?

Time the North gets something back, I can practically see the Wall from here and somebody will have to stop those wights.... eh ... Scots!

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,652 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mattjimf said:

I'm going to guess that I'm a smidge further North and East than you, and I had it for £6.99.

From the home of Greggs and Brown Ale

£5.79 for me on Steam, then again I live south of the Tyne, so life is slightly cheaper here than in the Toon... unless you're in Wallsend of course ;)