Starter Pack offer

Options
Slothkins
Slothkins Posts: 58 Match Maker
Just had a new deal I haven't seen before pop up. $7.99 gets you 1200 hp, 16,000 iso, 10 elite tokens, and three covers each for 3* Thor, 3* spiderman, kamala khan, 3* bp, 3* gamora, 3* marvel, 2* cap, 2* storm, and 2* wolverine. 

Just interested in seeing if everyone got this or if it's an A/B thing, and if you think it's a good deal. 

Comments

• n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I got it on my steam account too
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got it too.  Of course its not really geared for anyone on the forums so hard to say if its actually a good deal or not.

my only issue is that it should have been for 4* chars (maybe just the classics 1st 20 like hp/jg/ice)

but the concept is very sound and the approach/pricing is reasonable.

hopefully the piddly amount of hp in the offer is enough to actually buy slots for plays at that niche.  Otherwise it won't event buy a lvl500 player a single slot.
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    12.99 AUD here. 
  • Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I see that exactly, as does another member of my clan
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I see it.  I think it's not bad for new players?  I can't remember how much roster slots cost early on.  I'd hesitate to buy a bunch of covers I couldn't roster. (the 3*s, I'm talking about).  It would be more helpful if they put Strange in over Gamora.

If all the covers were useful to a new roster, I could see recommending it.

I'm not sure what 8X Value! means, exactly.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 981 Critical Contributor
    Options
    All i can say, it's a good deal. Especially for a starter. And even for someone who has played for some time.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Got it as well. Not sure why though. I have 40 champed 4*s, all 3*s champed with a handful at 266, and working on my first 5* champs. I hardly need what would come in a starter pack... 
  • Slothkins
    Options
    Well, $5.00 usually gets you 600 hp, so spending an extra $3.00 for double that is already a discount, plus you get all that other stuff on top.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I just noticed that after I clicked off of it that it is in the heroes for hire store.  I wonder if this is it or if it will be offered again with different covers at some point
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I bought it immediately. It was £5.79 for me, so I don't know how that eqautes to dollars, specifically.

It looked like a really good deal to me. Especially since it let me finish off Spider Man and such.
  • Slothkins
    Options
    I ended up buying as well. My purchase counter had expired and I wasn't getting bonus rewards, so this is a good way to kill two birds. 
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    With a Boss event coming, this was a much welcomed ISO injection.  Over 30k with the champ rewards.  Can't complain about that!  
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,843 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The 3* offered are pretty decent although if they were really looking to push it then swapping somebody out for IM40 (maybe Thor as both Kamala and BP have AOE attacks) would have been the cherry on the cake.

But 2* Cap? That's just being mean.
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Phumade said:
    I got it too.  Of course its not really geared for anyone on the forums so hard to say if its actually a good deal or not.

my only issue is that it should have been for 4* chars (maybe just the classics 1st 20 like hp/jg/ice)

but the concept is very sound and the approach/pricing is reasonable.

hopefully the piddly amount of hp in the offer is enough to actually buy slots for plays at that niche.  Otherwise it won't event buy a lvl500 player a single slot.
    It's a starter pack, aimed at newbies, why would a someone with limited 3* need a buch of 4* to make thier play harder?

On the subject of price, I'm seeing £6.99 on Android.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seems pretty great for a new player. The first handful of roster slots don't cost much, so that probably buys you a bunch, plus the covers are a decent head start.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options

Since my VIP is about to expire, I'll have to check later if it's a good substitute

(probably not, due to the 2 LT)

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got it. Bought it. 25$ worth or so for 8$? Finally a sale worth something.
  • redviper85
    redviper85 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    edited January 2018
    Options
    deal seems real good all around. I'm in 5* land and i stand to get 31,500 iso, 1300 HP, 10 elites, 1 heroic, 2 Lts and 27 CP. once i apply all the covers

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hello everybody.  BTN with a live update.  We just had an ally mate just give us a report of what he got.  He is currently on Android at this time. 

Frist Deal:

Purchase price:  2600HP

Receive:

1200 hp, 16,000 iso, 10 elite tokens, and three covers each for 3* Thor, 3* spiderman, kamala khan, 3* bp, 3* gamora, 3* marvel, 2* cap, 2* storm, and 2* wolverine.

He tried to buy this and it would not let him. 

Second Deal:

Purchase price:  500CPs

Receive:

1200 hp, 16,000 iso, 10 elite tokens, and three covers each for 3* Thor, 3* spiderman, kamala khan, 3* bp, 3* gamora, 3* marvel, 2* cap, 2* storm, and 2* wolverine.

No way was he trying this.  Clicked off of this and then checked back.

Third Deal:

Purchase price:  3600HP

Receive:

He clicked off of this again and then showed the 2600 HP price.  He is not getting a $ amount to buy this. 

Anybody else seeing anything odd?

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,262 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It strikes me as a pretty good deal; don't forget you first round of roster slots come in groups of 3 for like 300hp. This deal is pretty good up into early 4* play if you're farming. For me, it would turn into extra CP and 4* cover rewards off the backs of some of the 3*s it has