R144 Release Notes (1/15/18)

Options

Comments

• JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    4* Pizza Dog would be the best anniversary character of all time (sorry, Howard).
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I would love it if we got Dazzler as an April Fools character. And if you play her with Howard, the game should start playing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_WEMCUhF0E

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    Options
    JHawkInc said:

Been thinking about the splash screen and the app icon. We've got Chavez, Nico, Nova, and Kate (and Pizza Dog). Nico and Chavez both ran away from their homes. I thought Nova might also fit, but it seems like it would be a bit of a stretch compared to those first two. However all of the characters are on "Teen" teams - Runaways, Young Avengers, Champions, etc.

So is our Justice or Vengeance character another teen? I tried looking through some of the recent lineups for those teams but didn't see anything that really stood out.

People have pointed to Vengeance = Ghost Rider.

Robbie Reyes is a teen Ghost Rider (and was the one on Agents of Shield, and was fairly frequently requested back then)
    It's not just Vengeance, but Justice as well. Ghost Rider does not harm the ones that are not guilty. So he is pursuing either Justice, either Vengeance. The hint is perfect for him, and it seems reasonably fit to be a 5*.

The only thing that I doubt is that Reyes is more powerful than Blaze, so he would deserve the 5* ranking. (As we know by now, 5* in MPQ doesn't necessarily mean more powerful, but like Peter Parker is a more powerful Spiderman, I would expect the original Ghost Rider to be more powerful than his future and more recent incarnations - I don't know Reyes, so I do not know if this is the case). 

The current intro screen does imply that we could have a teen coming, so it could be Reyes. If so, just wish he would be a better Ghost Rider game-wise than the current 4* version. Ghost Rider is one of the better marvel characters, and it is ashame it has such a weak/niche version in MPQ. 

Also with the likes of mexican Hulk, mexican Chavez, and now a possibly mexican Ghost Rider, we should have an event named "Do not cross the border" between american and mexican heroes. Next they could go in the other direction towards Canada and just introduce Alpha Flight :wink:
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Caprila said:
    D4Ni13 said:

Also with the likes of mexican Hulk, mexican Chavez, and now a possibly mexican Ghost Rider, we should have an event named "Do not cross the border" between american and mexican heroes. Next they could go in the other direction towards Canada and just introduce Alpha Flight :wink:
    Hulk is Korean and America is Puerto Rican. The only Mexican in the game is Nova.
    My bad, than.. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Previously, Kraven's abilities (without stat and without identifying that character as Kraven) was posted in a subforum. But I can't find any for this latest teaser. Did I miss out something? I remembered that new character are released every Thursday or on a certain day of the week. Is that practice still carried out?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,626 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Previously, Kraven's abilities (without stat and without identifying that character as Kraven) was posted in a subforum. But I can't find any for this latest teaser. Did I miss out something? I remembered that new character are released every Thursday or on a certain day of the week. Is that practice still carried out?
    New characters are normally released on a Thursday. As for the forum, there doesn't seem to be any consistant rule - sometimes we get a hint, sometimes we get an "Unknown Coming Soon" thread in the character section. On at least one release (Wasp, Black Bolt, Spider Woman) we got told straight out we were getting all 3 without any speculation/hints.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    @DAZ0273

Thanks for the confirmation. The developers love to be unpredictable, which is a good thing. The next character should be released somewhere in mid Feb then. Could there be a link among vengeance, justice and Valentine's day for the next character?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @DAZ0273

Thanks for the confirmation. The developers love to be unpredictable, which is a good thing. The next character should be released somewhere in mid Feb then. Could there be a link among vengeance, justice and Valentine's day for the next character?
    I know the month is flying by for me, but the new character will release on 1/25, which isn’t quite mid Feb yet.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    As for the character speculation - if it is 5* Ghost Rider will they do a 3* version? If they did, it would be a twist if they had the 3* version be the Old West version of Ghost Rider - although I don't know what his affiliation would be: hero or villain. Highly unlikely I know.
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2018
    Options
    They don't necessarily do a 3* version of all 5*'s they release. While we are due for a 5* it would be nice if it was Blaze, just because the most current incarnation is Blaze in the current Spirits of Vengeance comic with Blade, Satana, and Hellstrom. 
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Philly484 said:
    They don't necessarily do a 3* version of all 5*'s they release.
    True, obviously there was no point when they released Thor and Spider-man as they already had versions in that tier. However there isn't a 3* Ghost Rider, so it *might* happen. I could imagine 5* Blaze and a 3* Ketch or Reyes version maybe.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I was under the impression that there's a new character release each month. And the character release around Christmas day was like a Christmas present. It seems like a lot of people are betting on Ghost Rider. If there is indeed a 3* version of Ghost Rider, his ability would be similar to 4* Ghost Rider. At least, it's what I gathered from comments on other characters that have any two versions from between 2* to 4* land. The common nickname are Lazy Thor, Lazy Elektra etc. Because they have similar power, except that the higher level ones have more damage.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was under the impression that there's a new character release each month. And the character release around Christmas day was like a Christmas present. It seems like a lot of people are betting on Ghost Rider. If there is indeed a 3* version of Ghost Rider, his ability would be similar to 4* Ghost Rider. At least, it's what I gathered from comments on other characters that have any two versions from between 2* to 4* land. The common nickname are Lazy Thor, Lazy Elektra etc. Because they have similar power, except that the higher level ones have more damage.

There are 2 new character releases each month and pretty sure this next character is a 4*
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    The older 3* were before 5* existed and a few were lazy updates (although 3* Cap was a major improvement).

The trend with 5 & 3 releases began with Dr. Strange. His 3* version was so good (some feel better than the 5 on relative merits), they obviously caught the bug to release new 3's. Next was Thanos, and at first Thanos 3* version was terrible - he literally killed his team more than the enemy but fortunately they tweaked him and he is also great. So the new 3's were downpowered versions of the 5's (well except for Gambit black!) - the one real stand-out was Hawkeye who is very different from his 5* version. So if it happens expect similar with GR.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would also accept this one, even though I don't think he's canonically related to the flaming skeleton ghost riders

• DAZ0273
    Options

I would also accept this one, even though I don't think he's canonically related to the flaming skeleton ghost riders

They actually renamed him Phantom Rider after the 70's GR came out but would definitely be a twist.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Options
    There was definitely a horseman in the Ghost Racers Battleworld gimmick, but I didn't read it so i don't know what his deal is beyond maybe being a Centaur?

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Philly484 said:
    They don't necessarily do a 3* version of all 5*'s they release. While we are due for a 5* it would be nice if it was Blaze, just because the most current incarnation is Blaze in the current Spirits of Vengeance comic with Blade, Satana, and Hellstrom. 
    I just realized that EVERY 5 release since Thanos - where there wasn’t already a 3* version in game - has been a dual 3/5 release.  I dunno why I didn’t notice before.