R144 Release Notes (1/15/18)

Comments

• Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    spidey329 said:
    How about... actually having an update available when it says there’s one?
    Right now, I have a vicious cycle if tapping “Update” in MPQ and “Open” in iTunes, because there is no actual update... :/

That's an iTunes issue, not an MPQ issue.  You need to force the App Store to refresh; pull down from the top, and it will pick it up.

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Is v144 stable in iOS? That’s all I care about here...
  • spidey329
    spidey329 Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    spidey329 said:
    Right now, I have a vicious cycle if tapping “Update” in MPQ and “Open” in iTunes, because there is no actual update... :/

That's an iTunes issue, not an MPQ issue.  You need to force the App Store to refresh; pull down from the top, and it will pick it up.

Did that several times. Rebooted phone, finally it worked. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    spidey329 said:
    spidey329 said:

Did that several times. Rebooted phone, finally it worked. 
    You have go to apps then updates, then swipe down for it to update.  It's a really dumb change they made with iOS11.
  • allthingsh
    allthingsh Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Maybe 4* Panther? Makes me think of his quote at the end of Civil War: "Vengeance has consumed you. It's consuming them. I'm done letting it consume me. Justice will come soon enough."
  • broll
    Maybe 4* Panther? Makes me think of his quote at the end of Civil War: "Vengeance has consumed you. It's consuming them. I'm done letting it consume me. Justice will come soon enough."
    I'm expecting that to happen closer to when his movie comes out literally a month from today.  Assuming this is a 5* release I'd expect a 4* BP to be the next or within the next two new characters.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Similar thing for Jessica Jones, who I have also seen posted in the thread. While I wouldn't mind if she got a release now (as she has been the missing Netflix Defender for too long), it seems like it would make more sense to have her in March which is both when Season 2 drops and likely to be a Women of Marvel month again.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker

Been thinking about the splash screen and the app icon. We've got Chavez, Nico, Nova, and Kate (and Pizza Dog). Nico and Chavez both ran away from their homes. I thought Nova might also fit, but it seems like it would be a bit of a stretch compared to those first two. However all of the characters are on "Teen" teams - Runaways, Young Avengers, Champions, etc.

So is our Justice or Vengeance character another teen? I tried looking through some of the recent lineups for those teams but didn't see anything that really stood out.

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards

Been thinking about the splash screen and the app icon. We've got Chavez, Nico, Nova, and Kate (and Pizza Dog). Nico and Chavez both ran away from their homes. I thought Nova might also fit, but it seems like it would be a bit of a stretch compared to those first two. However all of the characters are on "Teen" teams - Runaways, Young Avengers, Champions, etc.

So is our Justice or Vengeance character another teen? I tried looking through some of the recent lineups for those teams but didn't see anything that really stood out.

People have pointed to Vengeance = Ghost Rider.

Robbie Reyes is a teen Ghost Rider (and was the one on Agents of Shield, and was fairly frequently requested back then)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Teen Things on the horizon I'm aware of:
    New Mutants movie is in the works, far enough along that there's a trailer
    New Warriors TV show is in the works (we already have Squirrel Girl, so here's hoping Night Thrasher is next)
    Cloak & Dagger show is starting...sometime this year

Robbie Reyes as portrayed on Shield was definitely older than a teen, but I think he'd be a cool ghost rider variant. 90s Danny Ketch, who it was hinted via the sportsbike and foot cameo is where Robbie got his powers on Shield, was a teen in the comics. I would kind of like to see a 5* Ghost Rider that transforms the way Banner does- get that Justice as a human, and that Vengeance as a fire skeleton.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would kind of like to see a 5* Ghost Rider that transforms the way Banner does- get that Justice as a human, and that Vengeance as a fire skeleton.
    If they can get boosted Banner working right, I could get behind this. But first things first.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    bluewolf said:
    I would kind of like to see a 5* Ghost Rider that transforms the way Banner does- get that Justice as a human, and that Vengeance as a fire skeleton.
    If they can get boosted Banner working right, I could get behind this. But first things first.
    I don't disagree that 5* Banner is an easily fixable problem in every way, but there are loads of dual-power set characters now that work fine. C&D, OML, even Vision. I don't really know what the holdup with getting Banner's act together is though.
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Sounds like Ghost Rider, but if it is a 5* hopefully they save that spot for Ketch or Blaze, and not Reyes. Hopefully this year our April Fools character will be Dazzler since she is like the most Joked about character in the forums lol!
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    I don't disagree that 5* Banner is an easily fixable problem in every way, but there are loads of dual-power set characters now that work fine. C&D, OML, even Vision. I don't really know what the holdup with getting Banner's act together is though.
    As far as boosted goes, it is easily fixable, yes. The thing is that people keep comparing Banner>Hulk to characters with transforming powers, and that’s not what he is. Cloak and Dagger and OML are single characters with powers that change. Banner/Hulk is two different characters. When The Other Guy resolves, Hulk temporarily replaces Banner with his own health pool and his own match damage on top of the different powers. With the others mentioned, there wasn’t any similar issue to fix. When Banner is boosted, the fix is that the developers have to remember to include an entirely seperate boost to Hulk.
  • broll
    bluewolf said:
    You compared apples and oranges.  Banner is the only character that actually transformed into a different character with unique values for health (and apparently level which is where he's broken when boosted).  We don't have any idea how easy this is to fix because we don't know the code.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Philly484 said:
    Sounds like Ghost Rider, but if it is a 5* hopefully they save that spot for Ketch or Blaze, and not Reyes. Hopefully this year our April Fools character will be Dazzler since she is like the most Joked about character in the forums lol!

I have been hoping for that too actually. And with a return of X-characters to the game and one who has shown up in comics in the last couple years, it is certainly possible.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    broll said:
    bluewolf said:
    You compared apples and oranges.  Banner is the only character that actually transformed into a different character with unique values for health (and apparently level which is where he's broken when boosted).  We don't have any idea how easy this is to fix because we don't know the code.
    Clearly a sub-optimal choice for the code-behind on Banner was made, which must be what the holdup is, but from a mechanical standpoint, we've seen characters behave like different characters plenty of times. That Banner/Hulk are actually treated by the game as different characters need not be what happens to dual power-set characters going forward is all I'm saying.
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    ZeiramMR said:

I have been hoping for that too actually. And with a return of X-characters to the game and one who has shown up in comics in the last couple years, it is certainly possible.
    Yeah she was actually prominent in the A-Force comics, and the fact her powers have expanded and further mutated leaves room for them to do a lot with her.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Does the quote in each release really give a clue as to what character are likely to be next? I remembered "Happy New Year" was stated in 143 but I'm not sure of the link between Happy New Year and Kraven. 

I think everyone who has updated MPQ saw another dog on the loading screen. Could it be that dog? If I were to make a guess, I'm thinking of Ghost Rider or the Punisher.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    That's not the first time we've seen Pizza Dog though, wasn't he around when Lockjaw was released?