Limited Edition New Character Boosts, S.H.I.E.L.D. Training, ISO and HP.

13»

Comments

• LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    The new toon specific boosts are useless; anyone spending hp to acquire is really being wasteful, but I suppose at lower tiers the noobs probably do it not knowing any better.

Shield training is what it is - you can appreciate the free cover, additional cp and other resources or stomp your feet you can’t do 10% of it.

Iso isn’t an impossible barrier to break;  its absolutely the worst return on investment if you’re actually spending real currency.  But with enough play and some willingness to make sacrifices (selling maxed 3s and starting them over), you can absolutely go into iso surplus.  I’ve never spent money on iso and have found myself with no iso shortage for probably 7-10 months now and can’t see ever being in the red again.  But, it took 2+ years of committed play to get there.
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    So, original poster thinks they know better than Demiurge and D3 what has happened with player population.

OP thinks that an additional event that gives +1 readily available (ymmv) cover for new releases is a wall that people will be put off by.

OP thinks that limited edition boosts that make SHIELD Training's last row more tractable is somehow emblematic of some divide

OP questions the mechanics of the game because RNG and Iso are still the core mechanics of roster growth limits

OP asserts the game needs serious overhaul ignoring the changes that are asserted are ones that have changed in "serious overhaul" scale over the past year.

If you don't understand how to work with the mechanics of the game to progress and prosper, posting on here with a rant about how the game is wrong is probably not going to help you find the solutions you seek.

The game has undergone a lot of changes this past year, a lot has been positive but there have been some negatives. Should I take my time blowing smoke up people's **** or making people aware that there are issues?

I understand the mechanics of the game. It's why I'm using the go-to teams to blow off each node with ease instead of actually trying to use tactics and strategy. If I was made to actually think about a team to effectively win a node I'd be screwed.

The issue with why I should I be rewarded with boosts that I won't be able to earn after a week of a character being introduced? Can you not even see the problem with this? You are seriously questioning why I'm questioning that "X-Men" boosts are limited and discontinued in a game involving X-Men characters?

There is a big divide, to offer mandatory rewards to people who cannot achieve them is a massive highlight of this. With DDP there is another chance of redemption, there were times last year when I came close but I knew when I was beaten. But with DDP these events will appear, again and again, SHIELD training is restricted to those who can champion new characters within a week and will never appear again.

There's no strategy left in this game, it's all about how you can mess other teams up in the fastest possible time in the easiest way possible.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd have no problem with the bottom row being fensed off unless you had a high enough level character.

It's a little bit stingy to not give out the single new 4* character in the training. It's two nodes you can't complete in that main block. Giving away a free 4* cover as the character comes out is unlikely to break anything. You can't tell me "Yeah, but whales..." because whales will whale regardless of the free cover in that event.
    In part, it looks like an attempt to put players under iso pressure.  For this particular run, I had Ant-Man champed, and Thing has enough covers to reach 209, but is currently parked at 152.  I've lucked into a few extra America covers since she entered tokens, and with a bit more luck she could reach 209 too.

I could probably scrounge together the 200k+ iso to level the two but that will put me back at close to zero, making it more appealing to spend myself out of a hole with the next character hits 13 covers (although it is still unlikely given the dollar value they've assigned to it).
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2018
    Didn't like the new boost. Useless. Would prefer 70 iso.

Shield training for me is a veteran event. And I guess it would be fine if it was. I mean, you are playing more than 3 years, you have a champed 4* roaster and you get from this event fidelity rewards. No problem if newbies can't access it. The game can have high level events. Required a given champed 4* released a long time ago, no problem. If I haven't champed him yet, that's my bad and I should move on. Guess I'm even fine with the latest release reward line for whale loyalties.

But having Chavez as a required champed character... Tinykitty no! For me it's a slap in the face of all vets.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Coubii said:
    Didn't like the new boost. Useless. Would prefer 70 iso.

Shield training for me is a veteran event. And I guess it would be fine if it was. I mean, you are playing more than 3 years, you have a champed 4* roaster and you get from this event fidelity rewards. No problem if newbies can't access it. The game can have high level events. Required a given champed 4* released a long time ago, no problem. If I haven't champed him yet, that's my bad and I should move on. Guess I'm even fine with the latest release reward line for whale loyalties.

But having Chavez as a required champed character... Tinykitty no! For me it's a slap in the face of all vets.

You don't need them champed, only at 209.
    I'd like 20 ISO for each "slap in the face" that gets posted daily, please.
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    The training and the new boosts don't bother me, but the iso shortage does. I'd rather have to work harder to earn cp if my roster is growing too fast, rather than having characters I can't use because I don't have enough iso to train them.

Also, even though I'm a low spender, I did use to buy Logan's loonies once in a while. Now that I have enough roster spots and extra hp I just buy buggle pittance for the intercepts. If I could get decent amounts of iso for the price of 2900 hp, I'd be tempted to start spending more money in the game again.
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Bowgentle said:

I'd like 20 ISO for each "slap in the face" that gets posted daily, please.
    Would pretty much solve iso shortage. >:)
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Short answer:

Because artificial scarcity drives revenue and profits.