Tamiyo field reasercher...can she make an appearance now

Options
whats the chance we can go back to the 3 color pw’s we missed and get them added. We know a three color walker doesn’t blow up the game
Tagged:

Comments

• Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Blue,white green is a very nasty combo though...
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Thuran said:

at least it isn't blue white red ;)
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    wereotter said:
    In theory, yes. But let's be real here. Do we really want them spending resources right now on building and selling Tamiyo instead of getting Ixalan online?
    yeah, not Octagon's fault, but we are really overdue for a new set (or old pre-Origins set.  I'm fine with either lol).
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Thuran said:

I'd say green makes it nastier than red, for the ramping if nothing else
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mburn7 said:

Thuran said:

She'll be strong, but I think Bolas was stronger simply because of all the removal in his colors, the ramping from blue, and that his first ability is literally destroy target creature. But it'll depend more, in my mind, on what abilities they might give her as opposed to just being able to play those colors.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    U/W/G would be incredible in this game. Would love to whir into omni to deploy Gaeas. 
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    U/W/G would be incredible in this game. Would love to whir into omni to deploy Gaeas. 
    <insert generic 'is op must nerf asap!!!' comment>
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Mburn7 said:

Thuran said:

I considered that, and I do agree with you that it would super mean.  I think the tilting factor that made me favor red was the ability to splash HuF with all the nasty red/white spells there are out there (you know which ones I'm thinking of, lol)...plus while yeah green can ramp pretty quickly, it's at the expense of you probably taking out most of your own supports, which blue and white rely pretty heavily on.

• Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So, we need a naya walker:

Ramp
    Deploy
    HuF

Fun!
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Thuran said:
    So, we need a naya walker:

Ramp
    Deploy
    HuF

Fun!
    I'd buy it, just sayin ;)
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd like to see us continue to move forward, not go back. There are some great PW in Ixalan and I'm looking forward to new shenanigans in R/W, seeing what they do with J3 and of course (finally!) B/G!!!
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just hope the Ixalan R/W doesn’t become Arlinn for dinosaurs...
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hope it has more than 5 support slots!

• Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    I'd like to see us continue to move forward, not go back. There are some great PW in Ixalan and I'm looking forward to new shenanigans in R/W, seeing what they do with J3 and of course (finally!) B/G!!!
    I've been hoping for a Black/Green [Garruk] for a long time.  But any Black/Green would make me open my wallet again.
  • wereotter
    Options
    If they’re smart, Vraska will be the first planeswalker offered in Ixalan for that very reason. Really hype up the new set. Jace and Huatli can come later. 
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,435 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @ElfNeedsFood

Doubt that he will be parasitic to Ixalan. 

If his third loyalty translates over to PQ it'll be nuts
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,435 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Options
    This guy. 
  • wereotter
    Options
    Angrath is gonna be nice. Hopefully they can give him generic enough abilities to make him a regularly usable black/red planeswalker. I like Sarkhan well enough since he's the only one who can do those colors, it it would be great to have another option.

Though it will be too hard to figure out Angrath's third ability as-printed since we never have any idea how many cards are in graveyards. Even now.... with as many cards exist that care about cards both in your graveyard and your opponent's graveyard...
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just hope they will select the black/green vraska and not the black one from ixalan.
    I d like the idea of another 3 colored but I'm not sure tamiyos powers would really fit well in mtgpq as she's a drawer and there already are lots of card to draw fast around here ( while it's way harder to draw in the paper version). Besides, his third ability should result in an omniscience-like support and I really think a single omniscience card already does enough damage to the meta.