How Many Health Pack Do You Have

13»

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Starfury said:
    Bowgentle said:
    I am amazed at some of these numbers.  

The things you can do when you only play non-competitively.
    Scary.

The things that happen when you don't have more than 2 hours to spend on the game.

PvE clears with 5* Thanos, 5* DD and random cannon fodder. -> maybe spend 1 pack on the 2* essential between subs

PvP to 900 with DD + Gambit -> Spend 1-2 packs on Gambit.

I don't spend more than 2 hours per day and am out of packs at the end of every PVP.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor

Good on you.

What I described is easily enough to get T10-T20 in every event, so you can be competitive without needing packs.

• Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    About 450
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm one of those old school RPG gamers I rarely use Portions because I rather save the money for better equipment. This applied over to MPQ where I rather use my HP for slots and tokens. I typically like to have over a 100. I mostly use them for PVP to quickly get to 900pts. PVE I can simply just use other characters as T50 isn't difficult to maintain.

Now that I think about.. I don't even use Medicine in real life.. I just tough it out haha

• Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Bowgentle said:
    I am amazed at some of these numbers.  

The things you can do when you only play non-competitively.
    Scary.
    Yea it is but also to see 1000 packs, I was not expecting that.  We know of an OG whale during the SS and OML era that had a ton of packs cause he never needed them. 

It's partly because of the RPG background as others have said and partly because I didn't know they regenerated until I was about 300 HP stored. Then I got to a point where if I needed a health pack it was because I should be putting down the game. So it just built from there. 
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor

I'm one of those old school RPG gamers I rarely use Portions because I rather save the money for better equipment. This applied over to MPQ where I rather use my HP for slots and tokens. I typically like to have over a 100. I mostly use them for PVP to quickly get to 900pts. PVE I can simply just use other characters as T50 isn't difficult to maintain.

Now that I think about.. I don't even use Medicine in real life.. I just tough it out haha

You've not really beaten an RPG if you finish with fewer than 99 potions of any type.
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Around 300. Use them almost only during boss event.
    With new character released so often, I don't need otherwise healtpack: simply rotate your roaster.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

The way I used to PvP, I'd go from 0 to 1200 or more in one sitting, then shield. With Panthos, that required a lot of Health packs, so I frequently bought them and never had any Taco tokens stored up (at least it felt that way).

These Days, I start earlier and do shield hops, so I don't use that many Health packs and when I need a refill I can usually get it from Tacos. I am unsure if I spend more or less HP on Shields now than I did on Health packs Before though...

• madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    I don't save health packs, but I don't have to buy them either. Have bought packs about two times in my career
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Between 0 and 15. I don't have the patience, need or desire to save up a bajillion healthpacks like some people do.
  • ramoramo86
    ramoramo86 Posts: 89 Match Maker
    whats the use of saving/hoarding health packs if you are playing less just to simply have health packs you would never use? Some people are "Special" i guess
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    whats the use of saving/hoarding health packs if you are playing less just to simply have health packs you would never use? Some people are "Special" i guess

Like I said above, when I found out you didn't need to, I didn't really need them.
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    I always save them up to use for the Boss events.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    10 or less.  Question should be is how many health packs do you buy on an average day. 
    Ug, don't remind me.

I still track my per PvP HP costs (shields and healthpacks).  ~2000 per event is average, but on a bad event (or if I have to start late, and bash through teams) I've gone as high as 2600+ (Class of 2017 was terrible for health-pack use)