Place yer Bets Beta Testers- Strange Sights Door 1 Answer-NO! 95% Correct Responses

2»

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    No. Alas we are once again scorned by the mighty lords; maybe next time
    Side note.  Let’s just hide all of the darn posts so players can’t find a gosh darn thing.  
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    I understand that players are upset that this issue is occurring again, however based on the duration required for this fix, it appears to be a much more complex issue than simply a node or two having the wrong points values than others. Reproduction steps may not have changed since last time this occurred, however with the new methods they've implemented, it will allow for them to dive deeper into account details this time to figure out what's going on.

We absolutely do not view players as our beta testers. Yes, there are some players who actively choose to assist us with bug information, however that is not something we expect of anyone. In addition, when we ask if players can submit support tickets, that is of course your choice to submit one or not. The information players provide is certainly helpful in expediting fixes, and we're thankful for all the assistance, but I also understand that frequently assisting like this can become a taxing process.

At the end of the day, if you wish to assist us with bug information, then that's much appreciated! If you wish to just play the game, then that's great too! Whichever choice you make, please know that our team will work as hard and quick as we can to get these bugs ironed out, so players have as smooth of a gaming experience as possible.

Thank you all so much for being a part of our community!
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Then why run the event “as normal”.  Why does it take a now 3rd time and multiple posts and ticket submissions to even gain acknowledgement?  

“Hey all, with the upcoming run of strange sights we wanted to let you know we are aware of bug issue.  While we have been working on it, we’ve been unable to identify the root cause and will be doing further investigation this run to hopefully identify the root cause so that we may fix it.  We’re taking new steps this time and believe we will be able to identify it.  We understand this will impact players overall scoring and placements and plan to offer “x” in compensation for those impacted.  We appreciate your patience and understanding as we try to resolve this once and for all.”

Send that message out 4 days ago; and suddenly we’re on a level playing field and have actual clear set expectations and communications.

instead - 2 subs already started to get any official word.
  • The rockett
    @Brigby I am not trying to be difficult with this, but instead of adding to this thread, should there be a seperate post pinned at the top so it is easy to find? If you look at my thread that got moved you will find some useful information in there as well.  
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Communication? On this forum?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @The rockett said:
    Brigby I am not trying to be difficult with this, but instead of adding to this thread, should there be a seperate post pinned at the top so it is easy to find? If you look at my thread that got moved you will find some useful information in there as well.  
    Yes. You're absolutely right. I apologize for the delay. I usually have to play a bit of catch up on Monday mornings, but I will get that notice up on the Announcement section.

• nonnel
    nonnel Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    So instead of skipping the event until it was right, the choice was made to roll with it
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    This is why i play in slice 3
    So i can hear the feedback from the real beta testers in slice 1
    Thanks for the heads up
  • The rockett
    Since other thread is closed. 

Finished Sub 1 Door 1 in 1st place:  23928
    Finished Sub 1 overall in 24th place due to bug:24128

I would suggest taking SS of your sub score and the overall score.  Make sure you submit a ticket with all of this information to CS after the event. 
  • The rockett

Update:

Door 2 35914 2nd place.  had a major tapper in this door.  tapped 339 points or 113 times on the CD node.

Overall 61542 20th place.  add in the missing 1400 points it would be 62942 which is 5th place. 

This is why this is an issue.  I hope others are tracking their progress with this. 

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018

Update:

Door 2 35914 2nd place.  had a major tapper in this door.  tapped 339 points or 113 times on the CD node.

Overall 61542 20th place.  add in the missing 1400 points it would be 62942 which is 5th place. 

This is why this is an issue.  I hope others are tracking their progress with this. 

Maybe after you submit the tickets for this run you'll get compensation for your November event?
  • The rockett

Final Update:

Sub 3: 47894-1st overall

Final Event-110936-17th place

Top 5

Add the missing 1400 to my score, 112336 which would be 5th overall.

Missing rewards

1 LT, 1000 iso, 2 heroic and 1 XFDP cover.

Question is will CS give these rewards?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Answer: Look at your November tickets.
  • The rockett
    edited January 2018
    My November ticket is still pending.  They tried to close it but I told them to re look at it.  They were holding it.  I sent 8 SS of the LBs for this event with all these details for myself.  Issue is that this is more than just me.  how many others will lose out on top rewards due to this. Heck doesn’t even have to be top rewards. Any rewards. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just finished 400 points out of t50 after picking door 1.  I thought it wouldn’t matter since I still can’t pull AA after 60+ pulls, but those 1400 points would have gotten me an XFDP cover.

There is no way in heck that CS would award me that cover, so why bother?  Just continue with buggy Events.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    If there is anything this run of Strange Sights has illuminated is how low a priority MPQ is at Demiurge.

My speculation is most of their day is spent designing a new game(s) and that's the fun part.

MPQ is their steady stream of income and they can't completely ignore us. Their solution is to make as many choices automatic as possible. For PvE just make a spreadsheet and follow it. They've probably got us scheduled through the first half of 2018. I'll even bet Strange Sights is on the rotation again even if they don't get enough information from the players/beta testers this run.

Even the choice of Archangel as 5e for this run is an example of this. It should have been Thor but the spreadsheet said "Latest 3rd" and they just mindlessly plugged AA in. Can't waste thought on the "old" game got to get to work on the new game.

They use us as their quality control because that way they don't have to waste time they would rather spend designing something new.

One reason I don't think we'll see 6* is that would require them to care about MPQ and all recent evidence shows they absolutely do not.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor

Final Update:

Top 5

Missing rewards

Just to play Devil's Advocate here:

Can you verify that all the people who finished in 6th - 16th started with doors 2 or 3?  
    Even if only one of them started on door 1, then they would have gotten 5th and you would be 6th. Still missing some rewards, but not as much. 
    If 5 of them started on door one, then you would be in 11th with the same rewards as what you got.

Not saying that there isn't a problem with them running an event that is known to be bugged, just trying to keep things in perspective.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you look at the careers page, it looks extremely likely that they are designing a new game. 

It’s just good business sense to work on something new as MPQ gets long in the tooth and boredom continues to set in among the playerbase.

https://www.demiurgestudios.com/careers
  • The rockett
    edited January 2018

Final Update:

Top 5

Missing rewards

Just to play Devil's Advocate here:

Can you verify that all the people who finished in 6th - 16th started with doors 2 or 3?  
    Even if only one of them started on door 1, then they would have gotten 5th and you would be 6th. Still missing some rewards, but not as much. 
    If 5 of them started on door one, then you would be in 11th with the same rewards as what you got.

Not saying that there isn't a problem with them running an event that is known to be bugged, just trying to keep things in perspective.
    @Blindman13 that is a very fair point, but if you look up at my other posts you will see I ended in 1st for Door 1 sub by 8 points.  Yes i do have these screen shots.  So, Door 1 ended 1st in sub, Door 2 ended 2nd in sub, Door 3 ended in 1st for sub.  
    So the placement would have to be “5th” with out the bug since I did beat all of them.  Now you can make the arugment that they could have tapped and would have pushed me to 6th in theory and I wouldn’t see it, but I have a lot of friends in S 1.9.1/2/3 and we watch a lot of this.  So we know what is going on and when. The points would not have added up to over tap in Door 2 or 3 for this. The range is not there.