Place yer Bets Beta Testers- Strange Sights Door 1 Answer-NO! 95% Correct Responses

Colognoisseur
Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
edited January 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
As faithful and dutiful Beta Testers we have submitted the bug report on Strange Sights Door 1 not once but twice. Do you think our Aloof Overlords have fixed it for this upcoming run?

UPDATE: Alas beta testers our Aloof Overlords do not believe the third time's the charm as the bug remains. Since 95% of us expected it I guess we can't be surprised.
Keep your heads up Beta Testers more bugged events upcoming. Thanks for participating in the poll.

Place yer Bets Beta Testers- Strange Sights Door 1 Answer-NO! 95% Correct Responses 92 votes

Yes. Of course they did they are masters of both quality and control
3%
Amsha3garMonotonedadows 3 votes
No. Alas we are once again scorned by the mighty lords; maybe next time
96%
MattR42KolenceYasuruzonatahuntsinnerjflColognoisseurHadronicBowgentleDrNitromanContinuedClockkillercoolJonny1PunchxKOBALTxBryan LambertatomzedEbolamonkey84SnowcaTTHoutroChrono_Tataawarnica 89 votes

Comments

• VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    What’s the bug?
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    points are wrong in sub 1 door 1

• Colognoisseur
    If you do door 1 first you get 1400 points less than the players doing the other two doors. Then they get full points from door 1 by doing it second or third. Those who assumed it was fixed after this was reported the first time lost a lot of points.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm sure Beta Tester rockett is already looking forward to entering door 1.

Alas, it will be for naught, because our mighty overlords from Mt Demiurge simply didn't have enough time to fix this issue since the last two times Strange Sights ran.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Oh great, now we have preemptive complaining. You’re probably right guys but what’s the point? Being first to complain earns status points or something?
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Maybe, just maybe it’ll actually facilitate a fix.  Being complacent and accepting that something is broken and been reported previously to no avail isn’t the best way to get things done it’s been shown.

This should have been fixed, and it’s now approaching the 3rd time it’ll be run without correction.  That’s a bad customer experience, so why not come to the official forum for said product and opine whether or not it’ll be fixed before it goes live?
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    OOOOOOOOOO. @Colognoisseur man right up my alley.  @Bowgentle you know I am ready.  It's funny that I am STILL waiting on CS to complete my ticket from the last time this ran.  I am super excited.  Door 1 here I come.  

Also,if anybody thinks that I am blowing this out of proportion 

From August:  Lost top 5/10 due to this. 

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/67328/strange-sights-pve-points-issue-devs-aware/p1

From November: Lost 1st place due to this. 

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/68739/strange-sights-pve-door-1-bugged-part-2/p1

Oh this doesn't include anybody else in Slice 1 that did door 1 and didn't report it or did and got nothing for doing nothing wrong. 

• JuanAV2141
    JuanAV2141 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    If they don't fix what you want fixed, don't give them any money. Maybe theyll hear you then.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    So pick Door 2 or 3 first!

I’m more curious if they’ll adjust the CL9 alliance sub rewards.  Last time they ran Strange Sights, they had the tokens instead of ISO in CL9.  Hopefully they don’t “fix” it.
  • The rockett
    Pants1000 said:
    So pick Door 2 or 3 first!

I’m more curious if they’ll adjust the CL9 alliance sub rewards.  Last time they ran Strange Sights, they had the tokens instead of ISO in CL9.  Hopefully they don’t “fix” it.
    Yes I could do this but this isn't just about me.  It about them making sure this is correct.  What about the other players that didn't catch this?  
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Y'all need to ask?
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2018
    Aaannnd... reports coming in that the bug is still there...

Nobody saw that coming.

The madness!
  • The rockett
    But I am the person that gets comments cause I am negative.   I am only giving the feedback that happens. 
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Wonko33 said:
    Oh great, now we have preemptive complaining. You’re probably right guys but what’s the point? Being first to complain earns status points or something?
    Making predictions based on patterns and history is a rather normal thing to do.  
  • Colognoisseur
    Dear Beta Testers thanks for your participation.

Our Aloof Overlords have turned the phrase "Devs Aware" into something of an inside joke.

Make sure you laugh instead of cry out in frustration.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. The team was unable to identify the origin of the issue during the previous run, so they have added new methods of tracking data to this run, so they can better isolate the reason this issue is occurring. 

If you encountered this issue, then if you could please submit a support ticket, we will be sure to relay it to the developers, so they are able to investigate closer. Thank you!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Thank you for confirming that we're beta testers, Town Crier Brigby.

I'm seriously speechless here.

If you play door 1 in slice 1 you get fewer points than other doors.
    This issue only exists in slice 1.

We can't provide more info. And have so the last two times this ran.
  • Colognoisseur
    Thanks Town Crier @Brigby

Relaying the words of our wise masters so we can be more efficient Beta Testers is your highest calling.
  • The rockett
    Well since my News report got moved guess I will use this one now...........

slice 2 Sub 1 Door 1. Same issue.