File your Beta Test Reports for Strange Sights Here

Colognoisseur
Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
Congratulations Beta Testers our Aloof Overlords have designed an excellent opportunity for us to gather data using a Control group for the current run of Strange Sights.

I know some Beta Testers are feeling ignored because of the lack of response from our wise masters of quality and control when it comes to the Slice 1 Door 1 bug but I am sure it will be fixed there is a bug report with "Devs Aware" which was posted after the first time. It is clear the Beta Testing group needs to gather more data so our enlightened masters can share that light with us with a non-bugged event.

Onward this current run allows for us to provide valuable data. Since the choice of Archangel as the 5* essential after only six days in Latest Tokens combined with the five days in his boss event store means many Beta Testers will have to play a PvE without the 5* essential. Which means we have two groups of Beta Testers who can submit their experience here.

The Control Group (i.e. No Archangel)

Losing the points from the 5* essential node will depress your normal score. Report how far you've dropped in standing from your previous PvE where you had the 5* essential.

Also please report the effect on your alliance as every Control Group member will cost their alliance thousands of points.

If you are not so high of a Shield Rank let the team know if you dropped to Cl6.

The Active Group (i.e. Have Archangel)

Losing many players without the cover there should be some in the group who notice an increase in their typical PvE standing. Report any of these.

As with the Control Group report if your alliance punishes any inadvertent Control Group members dragging your alliance score down such that you had to kick them out.

Let us know if you tried moving up a CL because you expect being in The Active Group will give you a chance to higher rewards.

Don't let this precious opportunity our incredibly clever masters have given to us. They have once again made clear the value of our input.

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

I do not have Archangel. This will be my first PVE without the 5* essential. I decided to stay in SCL8 as opposed to moving down to 7.

Normally I open my LTs for the new 5* except I recently just did this for Thor AND I do not have any iso to champ my 13-cover 4*'s. I literally champed about 5 4*'s in the past 3-4 weeks which is great but my 2* farm is heavily depleted so I'm focusing on starting over. If only we had Double Iso during the Holidays!

Unfortunately I am not the only member of our alliance suffering the same fate as me. As a result we could likely drop below T100 for the first time... ever. I'll definitely report on the results.

It does not help that Door 1 is still bugged since the Beta Testers discovered it over three event runs ago. This means our alliance will either have to sacrifice the much needed Points or the much needed Iso.

• Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Door 3, 12pm slice, rank 22 with no Archangel
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2018
    OJSP said:
    Door 3, 12pm slice, rank 22 with no Archangel
    Surely you’d have to wait for the 1st sub to finish to be able to assess your rank more accurately? At the moment, people who are not playing optimally but have Archangel could overtake you by clearing that node 4 times and the rest 6 times, even if you play optimally and clear all the nodes you could 7 times.
    oh yea im aware for final ranking, this is just what i saw after my final clears at the moment
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    ***Please use this thread for discussing this issue. Multiple threads on the same topic clutter the forum and centralizing discussions makes it easier to discuss them as well.***
This discussion has been closed.