5* Bonus Heroes

13»

Comments

• CCW1208
    CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    can I swap 5* bonus hero cover?
    I just got my 13th Gambit cover. It is a bonus cover from my 5 Thor. I am not sure whether I can swap cover or not.

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    CCW1208 said:
    can I swap 5* bonus hero cover?
    I just got my 13th Gambit cover. It is a bonus cover from my 5 Thor. I am not sure whether I can swap cover or not.

I think you are good as long as it is a character from Latest Legends. It doesn't hurt to submit a request, worst that can happen is that they say no.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    Can swap any latest covers, doesn’t matter how it’s attained;  just must be a duplicate in a color you 5 in already - they will not let you swap for a better build if you don’t have 5 in that color.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Just got a 5* bonus hero today.  I've opened about 100 tokens since my unhoarding in October, and when I got a 5* bonus in that batch it was within the first 100.  So between 5* bonus heroes it's been about 250 pulls.  
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've gotten three or four since bonus heroes became a thing. Unlike apparently everyone else, I don't keep a meticulous count of how many LTs I've pulled, but suffice to say they aren't something I count on seeing.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,763 Chairperson of the Boards
    Out of 281 LTs I got 65 5* (23%) and 3 5* BH (4.6%), so even though I'm getting more 5* than average, I still get about the right amount of BH.

• vinsensual
    Jarvind said:
    I've gotten three or four since bonus heroes became a thing. Unlike apparently everyone else, I don't keep a meticulous count of how many LTs I've pulled, but suffice to say they aren't something I count on seeing.
    Marvel Puzzle Bookkeeping is the safe for work version of MPQ.  Nobody looks twice at a spreadsheet on your monitor.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Based on my pulls from April 2017 until now, I have pulled 83 5*s out of 528 pulls (15.7%)  and gotten 6 5* BHs from those 83 5*s (7.2%). So I'm pretty close to average, but it's definitely easy to go long stretches without seeing any 5* BHs. 
  • vinsensual
    113 pulls today, 17x 5s and 3 bonus heroes from that.  Before today's lucky streak, it was about 80 LTs between bonus 5s, with 4x bonus 4s that also came within those 80 pulls. 

I would guess the hypothesis of not pulling other tokens to push 4/5 bonus heroes would work, but the actual amount of pulls needed to achieve a non streaky average would be nuts.  
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards

I've been tracking every Legendary in a log pull ever since someone on the forums wanted that data.  It's more work, but it does give you a lot more options, some of which you can even retrofit.  Anyway, according to that log, since the BH system was put in place on 3/1, I've opened 1048 Legendary tokens.  Out of those tokens, I pulled 149 5*, so I guess I'm a tiny bit low statistically speaking, but well within reasonability.

Anyway, I've pulled a total of 3 5* BH, which is low, but probably still within normal.  I mean, I should have something like 7.5?