5* Bonus Heroes

Kross
Kross Posts: 92 Match Maker
Forgive me if there is already a thread for this (I didn't see one), but how many of you have received a 5* Bonus Hero?

I cashed in about 230 LTs last night, and got a good pull of 33 5*s, but not one Bonus Hero.  And I have probably cashed in a total of 600+ LTs and never received one.

SO I am curious, am I just unlucky or have others never received one either.

Happy Holidays.

Comments

• killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    I have received 1 5* bonus hero since the bonus hero thing started.

• LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Out of 33 5*, “expected” results would be 1 BH 5* from that amount as it’s a stated odds of 1:20.

Of my last 275 5* covers, I’ve received 10 BH which is slightly below advertised rates but well within an acceptable margin of error.  But there are some stretches in there of way more than 20 in a row without, but others were I got 2 BH out of 4.  RnG giveth, RnG taketh.
  • IceyOne
    IceyOne Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    I have gotten one. I got a 5 Star Gambit as a bonus for getting 5 star Hulk.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've gotten two so far. Can't complain.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I’ve gotten one BH 5 star in about 45 5star pulls (out of probably 500 LTs). I don’t know if the special tokens (such as the archangel tokens or when gambit was released) offer different BH rates though, as many of my shiny 5s care from those 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have yet to get a single one.
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    IceyOne said:
    I have gotten one. I got a 5 Star Gambit as a bonus for getting 5 star Hulk.
    No, you got a bonus 5 star Gambit to make up for the fact that you got a 5 star Hulk...
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    At least you got many 5s, the last 10-15 pulls I had, I only got 1 5* and no BH.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    i have gotten 2 that i can remember and one of those was on my birthday so that was cool
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've gotten 13 on 249 5star pulls.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    About 320 pulls since October when Gambit came in.  I think 52x 5 stars from those pulls, and 2 bonus heroes.  This sort of thing is hard to gauge since I lost count of 3 star and 4 star bonus heroes, and those contribute to the 5 percent ratio too.  
  • LifeofAgony
    About 320 pulls since October when Gambit came in.  I think 52x 5 stars from those pulls, and 2 bonus heroes.  This sort of thing is hard to gauge since I lost count of 3 star and 4 star bonus heroes, and those contribute to the 5 percent ratio too.  
    Is that confirmed that all tiers pool into the ratio?
  • Daiches
    Is that confirmed that all tiers pool into the ratio?
    Every single pull has a 5% chance. Every single pull is seperate. If you keep stats per tier, you will see with large enough sample that you will be 5%. OPs 33 pulls is nothing. I went 80 without a BH 5. Yet I'm 5%
  • LifeofAgony
    That wasn’t my question.  The question is are each tier a separate 5% pool or is it an aggregate or the 3 tiers.  If you can link me to an official repsonse, please do.
  • Daiches
    That wasn’t my question.  The question is are each tier a separate 5% pool or is it an aggregate or the 3 tiers.  If you can link me to an official repsonse, please do.
    They never give such answers, but empirical evidence shows each tier will balance out to 5% for its tier
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have gotten several, but it's been a while since the last one.
  • MacEifer
    MacEifer Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Out of my 22 5* covers to date, 4 or 5 have been bonus heroes. I'm the statistical anomaly.

Random number generators are swingy when they're actually close to true random. On a small sample size they often fall outside the average.
  • robertbah
    robertbah Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    They do provide their take on 5% in their announcement. 
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/60255/new-feature-bonus-heroes-updated-3-1-17/p1
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 5* BH is streaky, even for a RNG based mechanics. 

i have pulled about 10 or 11 5* BH. This is roughly off 200 5* covers, and a total of 1500 LT/CP pulls. 

I started on around 2 BH for my first 50 5*, and then got incredibly lucky around 100 5* mark, obtaining about 8 5* BH. After that it is a long drought of 2 BH for the next 100 5* pulls. 

• LifeofAgony
    robertbah said:
    They do provide their take on 5% in their announcement. 
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/60255/new-feature-bonus-heroes-updated-3-1-17/p1
    Thanks, appreciate the linkz