Interface changes are not good

Arphaxad
Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
Just when you made me happy with the ability to turn off champion animations, you ruin the experience with that new interface tweek. I don't need to see the opposing team's ap bars on their turn. I use their turn to look at what resources I have and where I need to add more AP.

Simple solution, give us the option to turn off that display. It really has hurt my fun while playing. Please provide this fix... or just eliminate the change all together.

Comments

• Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    I hate it too. It slows me down for my turn and planning my next match.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    That's funny, I think they're great.
    I can image some people would, that's why I would like an option to turn it off for those of us who don't like it.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    I like the change.  I think it makes it much easier to see when the opponent will be firing powers.  
  • STERLING21JJ
    STERLING21JJ Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    I've liked the new ui changes:)
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've liked the changes so far! As someone pointed out, I like knowing what to expect from the AI
  • KinDM
    KinDM Posts: 72 Match Maker
    I like everything with the recent changes except it flipping over to the enemy's power display on their turn. However, I still think the changes are better than the old UI, so it's still a net positive change for me. 
  • JaGo
    JaGo Posts: 103 Tile Toppler

Love the changes to the UI for IOS.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel the opposite. I love the UI changes and not a fan of the animation disable. 
  • TheDobot
    TheDobot Posts: 61 Match Maker
    The new changes are super distracting and unnecessary, but I am a very long time player and as the original poster mentioned have everything memorized.  It pulls me out of the game and prevents me from quickly planning my next move in a speedy manor.  

I also find the strips distracting and over the top. 

Sometimes is simple is better

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby

Any word on whether the devs will be revisiting the UI changes?  I know it takes a few weeks to roll a change through the various app store approvals, and.  I wanted to know if we are going to see UI changes in the next update.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Milk Jugz said:
    I've liked the changes so far! As someone pointed out, I like knowing what to expect from the AI
    Did you play blind before and eat every enemy ability with your face?  Oh hey a surprise Buncha Fiddle-Faddle from nowhere.  
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited January 2018
    @Phumade said:
    Any word on whether the devs will be revisiting the UI changes?  I know it takes a few weeks to roll a change through the various app store approvals, and.  I wanted to know if we are going to see UI changes in the next update.
    I'm not sure if or when the development team will be able to revisit the UI changes. Since it seems like there are both proponents and opponents of these changes though, I will certainly inquire with them on whether it's possible to have certain elements be toggled features, as opposed to default.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Ruinate said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    Did you play blind before and eat every enemy ability with your face?  Oh hey a surprise Buncha Fiddle-Faddle from nowhere.  
    Wow.... Ok.... I'm sorry I can't remember exactly how much ap the enemy has in 7 different ap pools at all times..... Or exactly how much ap each power costs out of the, what, 500ish different powers in the game..... Again, I like the change. I like seeing what the enemy has in store for me on its next turn. 

Oh, and what slice do you usually play Versus?
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Milk Jugz said:
    Ruinate said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    Wow.... Ok.... I'm sorry I can't remember exactly how much ap the enemy has in 7 different ap pools at all times..... Or exactly how much ap each power costs out of the, what, 500ish different powers in the game..... Again, I like the change. I like seeing what the enemy has in store for me on its next turn. 

Oh, and what slice do you usually play Versus?
    I'll be waiting for you in s1.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Match Maker
    edited January 2018
    Felonius said:

I like the UI changes that put AP horizontally across the game field, and that you can tap an arrow to make that go up/down as the user likes.  I don't like that if you accidentally tap anywhere in that bar it goes down... should only go down when the arrow is tapped, but that's ignorable, the point is it can be up or down as the user prefers.  I prefer it up all the time, I like seeing AP added/subtracted in a clear manner in real time.

do not like the most recent changes where on my enemy's turn, I can no longer see my own AP.  As the OP mentions, I usually take my enemy's turn to ponder my next move.  Further, I can no longer watch AP add/subtract as readily during my opponents turn when my AP goes away.

I understand some people might like it this newest way, personal preferences and all, so do like the OP recommends and make this be an option.

Thanks.

Yes, if any changes are to be made--they should be limited to making them optional and nothing else.

All the recent UI updates are outstanding.

This coming from somebody who's been with the game since year-1.  For whatever that's worth!

It needs to be noted when changes are received positively, given all the negative criticism the developers get--they need positive reinforcement so they know when they are doing right!!!
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    For me, they are good.
    Not always pretty, but more readable than previously. While grinding, sure we don't care about IA AP. On the other hand, while playing on thought fight and more strategic fight (like the crash of titan with low level 4*), having the bar visible is a real net advantage.