Enemy AP Bar View/Glance...

Hi nice idea, but really hate the idea. I don’t want to see the enemy AP bar for a quick 2 seconds.
Turn it off option, thank you bye.

Comments

• Corneliusryan
    Corneliusryan Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    At least let us turn the option off. 
  • 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Agreed, I only want to know how much AP I have and need to fulfill my abilities.
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    It's annoying and confusing as hell. And very redundant: we already had a bar that showed us how much AP the enemy team had. Sure we didn't know how much more they needed to fire a power, but, let's face it, being surprised by an attack is part of the fun. As for the fact they AP to attack me, it was kind of obvious. There might be others who like it though, so it would be great if we just had an option to turn it off.
  • iko
    iko Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    the switch from the player bar to the enemy bar is a little annoying and don't find it useful at all. I usually use the time when it's the AI turn to plan my next move an calculate how to use my abilities. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, it makes it more difficult to plan for the next Turn, especially when you got a complex cascade where it's not entirely clear just how much AP you picked up at a glance. Also, it creates confusion, especially when an enemy in the same slot as one of my characters has a power in the same colour. In Red Shift, I kept thinking that match had just made enough for me to fire Reality Crush, but then I got hit by it instead, since it was actually the other side that had that AP.
  • BinaryGuy
    BinaryGuy Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    This is a bad change.  It was like they sat around and said "we are all taking Christmas vacation, but we need to put some update out there.  What is something easy we can do that won't change game play at all?"  Please revert this change back!
  • CairoJXP
    CairoJXP Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    I agree. I hate this new feature. It's obnoxious and obtrusive when it pops up. If I want to know how much AP the opposing team has, I can check like I've always done. I don't need, nor do I want all these added animations in my face. I turn off the game effects as is. This last update is like what apple often does, they make an update because they can, not because they need to. I wonder how much user testing was done for any kind of approval rating to say it was liked enough to actually implement.

PLEASE REVERT TO THE PREVIOUS INTERFACE!!
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Please at the very least make the ap bar switching thing optional it is so distracting and really messes up the flow of the game
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    I hate it. It turns up the exact moment i dont want it. Besides, with usually fighting the same opponents anyway, the enemy ap numbers show me the same info already as i know ap needed for their powers..

Please make it a toggle function for who like it and to hide for us who hate it.
  • Platty616
    Platty616 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    I’ve noticed when The Hood is on the enemy team, while Dormammu’s aid activates, the AP bar is showing the enemy AP, so you can’t see which AP of yours is being stolen. Yes I know you can work out by counting how many colour of each tile is on the board, but seriously, who wants to do that? Not a fan of this change at all and it needs reverting ASAP.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually like the feature itself; it is very useful to see how close the enemy team is to activating their powers, all in a single glance. However I agree it shouldnt flash automatically during the opponent's turn. Add a toggle button on the AP bar itself, instead.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    I dont get how people get used to this... the more im forced to see it when i really dont want to, especially with goons, the more im getting annoyed with it!!! 
  • cheshyre
    cheshyre Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    I can see how it can be useful, but mostly I find it a hindrance - not only distracting, but it impedes my ability to plan my next move.

I say provide users with an option whether to automatically display the active team's AP bar OR display the player's AP bar with some kind of manual toggle to see the opponent's.

(Maybe this should be a poll, so people can vote their preference on this feature, rather than just commenting with a "me too")
  • AWSMan
    AWSMan Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    I created an account here specifically to gripe about this feature. I get the logic behind it, but as everyone else has said, it's annoying at best, confusing at worst. It's far more useful to know my own AP levels at all times than keep switching to viewing the enemy's.
  • 1briianna
    1briianna Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    *Please* developers..... get rid of this feature.  I've played 1315 days and this is the only new development I dont like.  Its taken my gameplay down to tortoise slow. I cant see anything about my own players powers when it is the enemy"s turn.  I find myself taking my turn, staring into space, repeat. please please let me see my AP bars at all times.  Thanks.  (btw, loved when you added the pop-up ap counts)