Who is your favorite Marvel character and do you play them in game?

Options
13»

Comments

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes
    Hooray for WASP! I was happy with her rework, and I love her artwork and animations. Using her with 5 covers in Blue deals spectacular damage when she's boosted, and is a nasty surprise for an opponent used to just a scratch when matching her countdown tile. I had/have a lot of fun with my "Girl's Night Out" team in the sim - Carol/Medusa/Wasp.

Yeah, she's really solid. Can't wait to add her to my team of 4* killer chicks!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes
    Favorites are Spidey and Nightcrawler. I use the 1* Spidey every day in DDQ, and my 5pidey is 5/5/1, with no ISO put into him yet. Still, I use him occasionally in The Big Enchilada. 

Nightcrawler recently became fully covered at 5/4/4, sitting at Level 209. I might use him a little more in TBE, we'll see. 
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No, my favorite is too weak in game to play
    3* Punisher is lame. 4* is good. I finally champed him after anniversary but I haven't found a good team to fully utilize him 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes and no.

Ghost Rider is my favorite, but it's the Danny ketch version, not Johnny.

And even though I have a champed JBGR, I rarely play him unless boosted or essential.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes
    My favorite character is Spidey. I do use him, he was my first 5* champed and the reason I decided to finally enter the 5* land.
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    Deadpool has been my favorite for a long while now and neither of his variants are that interesting. Whales are fun to use but that's it. Neither have good healing factors nor use guns so what's the point.

My second favorite, Blue Marvel, will probably never make it to the game.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes
    MrKasady said:
    Deadpool has been my favorite for a long while now and neither of his variants are that interesting. Whales are fun to use but that's it. Neither have good healing factors nor use guns so what's the point.
    Not that I think you should but I think both versions are fun, powerful characters. And the ONLY reason 4* DP doesn't use guns is because he's out of bullets, I think.
  • csista
    csista Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yes
    Yes, kind of. My favorite Marvel character is Ultimate Peter Parker. I play Miles and 5* Spidey daily in DDQ. So, close enough. It was easier as a 3* player, since none of the top-tier 4*s that I play all the time are favorites as a reader. For instance, my most played character is Medusa, and the Inhumans are probably my least favorite Marvel franchise. 
  • SandTiger
    SandTiger Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    No, my favorite is not in game
    Longshot. He's not in the game.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My favorite is Rogue. Outside of the Apocalypse event I haven't used her that much but once I can get another yellow cover I can champ her and play around with her a bit more.
  • IceyOne
    IceyOne Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yes
    Yes, nd I still play Gambit eventhough I'm disappointed about his current Black.
  • topgamer222
    topgamer222 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My favorite Marvel hero is Spiderman, for reasons that have nothing to do with Spiderman, and everything to do with Peter Parker. He's just...a guy. He's relatable. That's the greatest thing about him, and what draws me to him over, say, Thor or Ironman (who are absolutely beastly in their own right). 

I'm not saying that no other hero is relatable, that no other hero is flawed. On the contrary. That's the most interesting thing about them. It's the humanity that draws people to Batman, Captain America, and Green Arrow. It's the child Billy Batson that draws people to Captain Marvel. It's the same reason so many writers have such a hard time writing for Superman. They look for flaws in his power, some physical weakness. Hint: there isn't one. The story isn't about the powers--it's about what the man chooses to do with them. 

Peter Parker isn't a billionaire playboy (Batman, Ironman, Green Arrow). He isn't a fighter pilot (Green Lantern) or some superhuman race and/or alien (Wonder Woman, Superman, Thor, Dunder,  etc). He's just a high-schooler. Not even a popular one. He's bullied. He likes science, girls (if he can get the nerve to talk to them), and taking pictures for the school paper. Read: he is his own target demographic. He's a kid. Who doesn't have a place at school. Who lost his parents. And his uncle. He's looking for himself. THEN he gets powers. 

You have to understand, that's what makes him interesting. Much like Captain America, we get to see (and fall in love) with this regular guy, this guy we relate to. THEN he gets super powers. And we, already relating so much to him, get them as well. We get to live through him, and experience that new-found self, that confidence, that power through him. Spiderman is everyman. 

On a personal note of relatability, I also know that as a five-foot-eleven, physically fit, nineteen-year-old, brown hair, brown eyed (slightly geeky) male actor, Peter Parker is probably my best bet. 

• gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yes
    My favorite was Rogue and now that I've champed her, I'm been playing her more.  But my real faves aren't in the game yet or it'd probably a long time before they make an appearance.
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Loki is my favourite character from the MCU and while he's a pretty good representation in game and Mischief in particular is a great passive, I've long moved past the 3* tier.

Difficult to believe another version of Loki hasn't been released given he appears in all the Thor movies and Avengers Assemble.  Perhaps after the Infinity War release.....
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    No, only because I don't have enough covers for my favorite
    Iron Man is my favourite, buuuuuut...

My 5* Iron Man is only 2-3-3, so my champ 5* will always be used over him unless he gets a feeder!
  • Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    If 5* banner ever gets fixed I will be set.  I still use him in some of the first nodes in each event just to be able to, but never when I actually need to try.
  • Simplicius
    Simplicius Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yes
    I was very pleased when I got my first 3*, which was Magneto. With only one cover (blue) until very recently, he was difficult to use but I still tried whenever I could. Since my 2* Magneto is around level 80, however, this is no longer an issue. I hope they introduce a 4* version once I enter that tier but I imagine it's unlikely.

As a child, my favourite character was Colossus but, despite having him marked as a bonus hero, I've yet to acquire a single cover of his. 
  • Raud
    Raud Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    My favorite is Taskmaster.
    But in game i like playing Collosus Fastball Special  :)
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    **Please do not post in threads that have not had any activity in the last 30 days. Instead, just create a new one on the subject if there isn't a more active, current thread going. Thanks.**
This discussion has been closed.