Who is your favorite Marvel character and do you play them in game?

Options
therightwaye
therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2017 in MPQ General Discussion

Who is your favorite Marvel character and do you play them in game? 101 votes

Yes
43%
PuceMooseGuntherBlobelPorkBellyKolenceelvy75sirwookieechrisMagicdivouneleeleeshineneodukeZootSaxDaichesrdvargas1BlackstoneQubortn25phillyGreenMachineD4Ni13evade420Black Duke 44 votes
No, my favorite is not in game
11%
AdamMagusxKOBALTxLilithAlfje17KishidaLifeofAgonyhunky_funkyWumpushunterPtahhotepRayElwoodSandTigerbryduck 12 votes
No, my favorite is too weak in game to play
35%
DormammuDragon_NexusMattR42octagon69Wonko33MojoWildXenoberyllTiggidaTrilateralusPunisher5784Lopan15redviper85smkspyCalnexindudethtsawesomeNovaFalcon658FokaiHIMjolnirmight2CharlieCroker 36 votes
No, only because I don't have enough covers for my favorite
8%
xidragonxiDoc LMoosePrimeBlackBoltRocksshadowyoshiOldManWolvsPr0spect0rThorstiennThaRoadWarrior 9 votes

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes
    Coincidentally my favourite is Gambit. I do play him as I had just enough in the hoard to get him. Gutted about the nerf (not a buff as some claimed - he is much slower and vulnerable) and scared for the next nerf that might happen when he enters classics in couple of months.

Still - I have waited so long to get my guy so I will make the best out of it.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes
    If I had to choose one character as my favorite, it would have to be the Punisher. And while I don't use him as much as I used to, I still bring out Mr Castle from time to time.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I demand Doop!
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yes
    My favorite comic character is Spidey. He is the only 1* character I have rostered, so I use him every day during the DDQ.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes
    My favorite is Wolverine so not as much as I'd like. I use 2* Wolvie every day, twice, in the Deadpool Daily. I barely use Patch any more, even though I had a lot of fun with him when I was in 3* land. I use XForce Wolverine as much as possible when he's boosted. I used to use OML quite a bit for DDQ and PVE but my roster has outgrown a 5/2/0 285 OML so not as frequently as in the past. I'll still break him out every now and then, just because he's awesome.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My favorite character is Hulk.  None of the iterations are particularly good, although I haven't really gotten to play with MEH yet.  I was not impressed during his release event, though.
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yes
    Storm is my favorite and I try to use her every day, specially the 2* version, even outside DDQ, with IM40 and SWitch stunning some bad guys in Story! I just wish we had her in a higher tier than the 3 star one.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,266 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options
    The only way I'm engaging with Marvel characters these days is via the MCU, and my favorite character there is probably Cap. I don't have enough covers on 5* cap to decide what I think of him (1/0/0), and 3* Cap is....fine I guess. He's situationally handy, but I don't find myself using him a ton. 

All the characters I used to really enjoy from reading comics as a kid are in the 4* and up tier, and are classics mostly, so It's been a struggle for me to get covers on characters like Ghost Rider (1/4/2) or Punisher (2/0/0). The way level scaling works in this game, where characters are basically trash garbage until they are buck wild, I couldn't really even say if I'd play them if I had them. 

The characters I find myself using heavily in MPQ (Medusa, C4rol, Guardians of the Galaxy) are characters that are mechanically aligned with my play style, but that I really have 0 backlog with as characters.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes
    I don't use Steve all that often because he doesn't have a 4* version, but he is my highest level 3*, so I can often use him on easier fights, or when he's boosted. I'd really like to see a 4* Black Suit version, ideally one that has some major synergy with Bucky.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,266 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'd love to see somebody come out that can make Bucky viable as well, like Medusa did for Carnage. Winter Soldier as a concept is an idea that had it been pitched to me, would have sounded like the Worst Thing, but in execution is awesome. It would be cool if his character in MPQ were rewarding to play also.
  • redviper85
    redviper85 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    As a kid my favorites were Juggernaut, Hulk, and Venom. Juggs is good but he's 1*. In this game Howard the Duck and a girl who talks to squirrels are more powerful than Juggernaut. Hulk has 3 variations and gets out-hulked by Daredevil, who does a way better job of not dying and raging when hurt. And Venom... 
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes
    As a kid my favorites were Juggernaut, Hulk, and Venom. Juggs is good but he's 1*. In this game Howard the Duck and a girl who talks to squirrels are more powerful than Juggernaut. Hulk has 3 variations and gets out-hulked by Daredevil, who does a way better job of not dying and raging when hurt. And Venom... 
    Another nominee for comment of the year! Seriously, who sat down and said, "I think THIS fits Daredevil" and "I think THIS fits Hulk"  :p
  • Dragmus
    Dragmus Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thing is my favorite character in the comics, but I only use him in the game when he's required. He's really nothing special and there are always better options.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No Namor.  Boo.
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My favorite is Archangel. Not quite into 5* land yet (hoarding now and will pull before Archangel leaves and yes I know he appears relatively weak for a 5*).
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes
    Dr. Strange -- the only comic superhero I've ever really got interested in enough to seek out his works. I think it was the art of the original couple of series -- totally beautiful and surreal. All that Nightmare stuff, Dormammu, Mindless ones, those crazy cascading shield spells that finally hold just as they reach his nose, etc. Awesome!

So, obviously he's great in the game, too. Love him. I use him a lot less now that I'm pretty solidly into 4* territory but when needed he's right there for me.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yes
    I think through a combination of MCU and the comics, Iron Man is my favorite character. And of course IM40 was a essential part of my 3->4 :star: transition and even my 4->5 :star: transition. IMHB is a fun character in game, especially when boosted. I haven't been able to use his 5 :star: but he looks fun and can be a m'fer to face in-game. 
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yes
    My favorite is Gambit so it was a pleasant surprise him being so epic since I'd use him regardless.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    *points to avatar.
    *points to sig

Though I rarely use her. For one I prefer characters with AoE and for two I was never 100% keen on her art work. I prefer the comic look that gives her black, shiny eyes behind the mask. It looks wrong seeing those bright eyes in the game.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I used to like Colossus when I collected comics, late 80's early 90s and no, I don't play him (self explanatory)
This discussion has been closed.