Update to Sandman's Champion Rewards (12/18/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

During the daily patch on Wednesday (12/20), Sandman (Flint Marko)'s champion rewards will be updated to include covers for Green Goblin (Norman Osborn). If you'd like the champion reward breakdown, check out the original announcement here: Updates to 4-Star Champion Rewards

If you're looking to level up Sandman to reap those rewards, then head on over to the Meet Rocket & Groot event this Thursday. He will be available as a progression reward, as well as a reward in the Meet Rocket & Groot vault!

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Will GG cover retro like the last batch?

I wish they rebalanced him instead. Hes horrible 
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Great news.  The one good thing about having a horrific pull rate for 5*s is you get your 4*s levelled up much quicker.  Two Goblin covers incoming.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Geez, i hope i wont get him at lvl 300 too soon since my Goblin is 1/5/0 :D
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Sandman is 179. I wonder if they will give the rewards retroactively like the last just in case I hit 180 before wed.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    tiomono said:
    My Sandman is 179. I wonder if they will give the rewards retroactively like the last just in case I hit 180 before wed.
    They promised they will...
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2017
    Options
    sweet.  the only cover I have for him won't be lonely anymore!  :)
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2017
    Options
    tiomono said:

you actually really want to get him over 180 - you'll earn the LT token (now) and retroactive Goblin cover once it goes live.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    alaeth said:
    tiomono said:

you actually really want to get him over 180 - you'll earn the LT token (now) and retroactive Goblin cover once it goes live.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Kevmcg said:
    I'm not familiar with 180 getting a cover. Maybe you all mean 280.

I would like to see a Sandman PVP. Mine is only 306, but its about the only time I would use him. PVP Variety is the spice of MPQ life.
    Yeah 280 te he he. Sandman is fun.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hope the Sandman cover in the R&G PvE is purple. That is the cover I need for 13/13.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Will there also be a sandman pvp?
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hope the Sandman cover in the R&G PvE is purple. That is the cover I need for 13/13.
    Just checked. It’s green
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It seems updating the rewards for 4*s is going to be a more regular thing. This may be a good time to have a look at the current 3* rewards for some characters. Gamora and Rocket&Groot to name two that have 4* counterparts now, or Daken/Ragnarok and Wolverine/Colossus that have the same 4* rewards while some other 4*s still have none of the 3*s rewarding them.

@Brigby is this something that is being looked at as far as you know? Maybe not something that needs priority in the grand scheme of things, but I don't think it is such a huge fix on the other hand (seeing as this is done one by one for 4* characters during the season).
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just wanted to point out the new relevance of the loading screen....GG covers for all!  Happy holidays!

(All who have Sandman champed.)
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mexus said:
    He is totally decent. 
    No he’s not.

mexus said: there are others who need it more in my opinion.
    In the 4* tier I genuinely can’t think of a single character more in need of a major buff than sandman - the consensus on line was Sandman was going to feed Doc Oct two of the worst characters in the game.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm sure glad we get to Meet Rocket and Groot at Christmas. Missed those guys. 

Better be double ISO!!!! 
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My Green Goblin is at 5/5/2 covers and my Sandman is level 300. So tomorrow I'm gonna receive 2 Goblin covers that I can't use without any realistic way to get the last yellow cover.

So yay?