CL9 PVP dedicated thread.

13»

Comments

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade said:
    Thank you both, I had a very different understanding of how PvP worked. I'm left wondering why they let us choose the the CLs at all if it's arbitrary beyond "I want to go for this set of rewards." Wouldn't we always want to go for the most rewards available to us, i.e. the highest CL open to us?
    You forgot to consider where the other big rosters go play.  The real value of cl9 is gives more 4* placement Opportunity. 

At at the high end, pvp competition is incredibly competive.  Those rosters can consistently make 300 to 400 point shield hops.  So cl9 effective spreads out all the biggest rosters iacross 7-8-9.

many of the shards have tracking rooms,  and those players have informal agreements not to compete in the same leaderboard for t5 placements.  

What a joke that is. Jesus Christ, just play the game and hit and compete with whoever gets placed infront of you. 
  • A_Wise_Man
    A_Wise_Man Posts: 153 Tile Toppler

It looks like the devs feel obligated to release a new SCL for PVP when it is released for PVE. The rewards in PVE vary quite a bit between SCL but I cannot see the difference in PVP. I had no idea SCL9 was released for PVP because it looks identical.

Why is the 3* reward still locked up for T50? Why are they being stingy about 3* covers? It should be T100 for SCL8 and T200 for SCL9. Even SHIELD Simulator is the same 25 HP reward and Standard token.. seriously? Come on already! The reward structure needs an overhaul.. again! There is no reason for me to go above SCL7.. none!

The 3* bit is the thing I find the most silly.  Top 400 in PvP get 3*.  Now the brackets are twice the size, so it should be less in PvP, fine.  But that's still t200 at least.  Hell, in the old pre CL rewards, all brackets gave 3* for t100.  I don't get it.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker

many of the shards have tracking rooms,  and those players have informal agreements not to compete in the same leaderboard for t5 placements.  

What a joke that is. Jesus Christ, just play the game and hit and compete with whoever gets placed infront of you. 
    You do that so your entire alliance doesn't join the same bracket and fight each other for the same rewards.  bracket tracking allows everyone in the alliance/family to place high.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    PvP is broken for me (thanks to scalling i am almost unable to compete with opponents with maxed 5*s, even with with OML, and 4*s and even if i am, it takes tons of time) and no SCL wont change that... reward difference is almost zero.