You are supposed to lose

13»

Comments

• veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    First 2 attempts of 5* node are doable with champed 4*s or with a good combo, but rounds 3+? Dunno about you, guys, but i cant really compete with 70k+ HP (3rd clearing) character, even with champed OML. Not mentioning rounds 4-6 (i know nothing about them since i never got past 3rd clearing)
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny said:
    First 2 attempts of 5* node are doable with champed 4*s or with a good combo, but rounds 3+? Dunno about you, guys, but i cant really compete with 70k+ HP (3rd clearing) character, even with champed OML. Not mentioning rounds 4-6 (i know nothing about them since i never got past 3rd clearing)
    If that's the case, you're in a too high scl for you roster.
    Or don't have CoulHawk. Even the hardest 5E (Bolt/Medusa/Lockjaw) falls to CoulHawk and one cover Essential. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    I found this node much harder than the other because you can't hide from the AOE. The first one, I just hid with Vulture and Sue. Sue's invisibility doesn't protect from Vulture's green or Court Death. Two downed allies, I'm left with only Vulture and the first time he doesn't have enough black, he's toast.

Now, I don't mind. I always go 9, even though my roster probably isn't strong enough. I like the challenge and can pretty much top 20 most of the time anyway. But sometimes these nodes are so tough, I just lose those points. No biggie. It'll be more satisfying when I actually can beat them. 
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2017
    Seems like most people think sub 1 was tougher, but I disagree.  Champed IW could handle sub 1 by herself since no one had AoE or board shake abilities.  

Sub 2 I was able to do 3 clears, but the 4th isn’t happening for my roster without whales or a lot of luck.  Once you lose Spidey, Thanos decimates your team.  Maybe Vulture/Elektra would survive, but without being boosted they probably wouldn’t work either.  I’m not complaining, I like the challenge even if it’s too much for my roster today.

Edit:  I guess I have to take back some of this.  I beat the 4th clear (level 490’s) with Surfer, 3* Deadpool, and a level 255 BSSM.  I brought DP to use whales but didn’t actually use it.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Hotnfresh

Sure comes across insulting.... I'm with OJ, dropping down a level next time is a legitimate choice and good advice, get off your high horse..... Tinykitty.....
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Really, this debate just proves that BSSM is underpowered and in desperate need of a rework.  At the min improve his blue stun to 2 rounds ala Daredevil.

• MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Without an adequately coverrd bssm the node is nearly impossible, but thats ok. Daken's strike tiles will chew threw you 4*, and a couple lucky cascades will charge up their powers.

I thought the Cage/Iron Fist/Mockingbird node was much easier by comparison. Just take out fist, then Mocking bird before she gets her red power off.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    sub 1 was definitely harder because of all the 1 shot nukes. In sub 2,  you had to chase black, leaving gambit to take damage.  once vulture is dead, let dd tank you to victory.  my bss is 6 covers and level 255. I'd only use him to stun.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Taganov said:
    So what NON Gambatt teams would you guys suggest?
    Pretty trivial with <50% health DD, Thanos, 3* R&G.