You are supposed to lose

WEBGAS
WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
Second sub DpvsMpq......5star essential
Scl9......fight against Thano5...Vulture  and Dak3n......all at lev.515

Are you joking Devs?
How are we supposed to beat this node without using whales?

Seems that you reverted back to the old mantra : you are supposed to lose

I like challenges, but this is an insult to your players....shame on you!

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vulture makes green and blue. Daken will spam away the blue with his weak 5ap power. Thanos and vulture green both are cd reliant. This was much easier than mockingbird /cage /if in the previous sub. 

I think he's just upset that the devs changed Thanos from being the 5* essential, yet they're using Thanos lol
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    So what NON Gambatt teams would you guys suggest?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    This node sounds much better than the first one
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Play in a lower CL?
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    This was not a horribly difficult node and I completely agree with those who said the previous Cage/Fist/Mockingbird node was more troublesome. Target Vulture first and deny black (as @Bowgentle stated). Several team combos can work well here. Daken's strike tiles should not be adding any damage if you have a decent BSS. Also, assuming you have a decent BSS and that's why you entered cl9, you have a very cheap stun at your disposal and a more effective (albeit more expensive) one for end-game with BSS green. You can bring Daredevil along who can heal, create his own strikes, and offers yet a third stun and steals Daken's strikes.

Mystery solved!
  • Hotnfresh
    Hotnfresh Posts: 55 Match Maker
    I'm still at Mockingbird/Cage/Fist at 515. I'm done trying. I doubt having SMan BiB leveled would make a difference. Not fun in the slightest, devs. Guess this is tuned for having the boosted chars towards max or 500+ 5*'s. 

Try using some other combos, maybe? This is the second run of this op nonsense when there's around 150 characters. These newer 4*s are monstrosities, more powerful and the teams have more synergy. When they're jacked up, they are surely more difficult than 5*s. So ease up a bit, d3. I like a challenge but this is silly.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eh, neither node is particularly hard. It's scl 9 after all when you talk about 515.
    With a champed BSS, the pairing with DD5 easily beats the first 5E (use abilities, make Cage make protect tiles, stun Cage with DD purple and take those protects as strike tiles). With an unchamped BSS, there's always HE/Coulson. Stun Cage with Bola Arrow. Win.
    for sub 2, it's easier. Deny Black. Win.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    I am not going to pretend to know @Hotnfresh roster, but 5* node in cl9 has scaled to 515 since inception. Come prepared or drop down to a lower cl.

If anything the devs have given us a break by boosting the required 5*. 
  • danielrandkai
    danielrandkai Posts: 90 Match Maker
    I used gambit and my own vulture. Much easier than they mockingbird node.
  • Hotnfresh
    @Sm0keyJ0e
    Started to add roster but taking forever. Essentially I have Hawk/Thanos/Strange champed at 450. BBolt/Widow/Phoenix 405-435. Most 4*s champed except newer ones. All powered up chars for this event around 400. 

Been able to clear all 5* nodes at 515 except this one. Not dropping below cl9, so I guess I'll just die trying.  
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Hotnfresh said:
    @Sm0keyJ0e
    Started to add roster but taking forever. Essentially I have Hawk/Thanos/Strange champed at 450. BBolt/Widow/Phoenix 405-435. Most 4*s champed except newer ones. All powered up chars for this event around 400. 

Been able to clear all 5* nodes at 515 except this one. Not dropping below cl9, so I guess I'll just die trying.  

Well, the next sub gets a little easier. Kill the bird!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    When the Junkyard Wars PvP ran, I believe I could stun an Airborne Vulture with my Thanos' Court Death. Haven't entered the second sub yet, so I haven't been able to try it here. Could be worth a shot.
    Granted, taking out Daken or Thanos isn't exactly easy either, Vulture is the best first target.
  • Hotnfresh
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    Well, the next sub gets a little easier. Kill the bird!
     I hate partidges in pear trees. I will kill that bird!
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used my non champed 405 3/4/3 BSSM, half health Thor and Gambit. Used that team for the other 5* E node too. Half health Thor is great.  Does damage and brings back a lot of AP. 
    Now I did wipe one time on Vulture.  Well...first AP turn was 6 black.  Lol. Retreated asap. Match was over. 
  • MrCroaker64
    MrCroaker64 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Richyyy said:
    They haven't bothered to use the Shield Rank entry requirement to legitimately separate people among CLs (pretty much anyone who's been playing the game for more than five minutes can choose anything from 1 to 9), so to me it makes sense that the 5* node is really freaking hard in CL9. It means there's a meaningful reason to stay out of CL9 if you don't have a top-tier roster, besides 'it takes a bit longer'. They're supposed to be the single-most challenging PvE nodes in the game. If they're too hard and you want a realistic chance to compete for placement, play CL8.
     I agree with Richyy. Just because you CAN enter a CL doesn't mean that you SHOULD enter it. I have almost every 4* Champed, but my 5* tier is still pretty weak. As such, I stay out of CL9. Could I win the 5*? Maybe. But why take the extra stress and Health Pack hit for slightly better rewards? I play CL8 for the most part, and if I feel like taking it easy I drop to CL7. 

I know that D3/Demi could do a better job of limiting which players can enter the higher CL's. But it worries me that if they take that step they might also limit who can enter the lower CL's. For me, I would say that the player base needs to regulate this themselves, and not be asking D3/Demi to change it for us. Because if they do, by all that RNGessus holds holy, we will be disappointed.

-Croak.