Options
13»

Comments

• Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    guib said:
    veny said:
    Yes and no. Most 1*s have 2 colours only which makes farming not worth it.
    I have some 1*s who have 3 colours and i am getting xps by swaping their colors, but still i have to sometimes sell colours i cant use.

why is there a difference between 2 colors or 3 colors 1** ?
    isnt the only benefit coming from the fact that the xp from adding a cover is worth more than the iso from selling it ?

is there any additional trick behind that ? (for exemple, there  is no point leveling them like a 2**, it is a waste, isn't it ?)

is there a special interest in swapping the colors of a full 1** ?
    adding all the covers I have at once then deleting it, and repeat next time seems much faster ...

Not really, it's mostly a question of convenience.

For a 2 color character you cover them to 5/5 sell and reroster.
    For a 3 color character you can keep the character and just keep swapping covers (5/4/4 to 4/5/4)

In the end you can only trade 9/10 covers for xp for the 2 color characters (the first one you'll sell for 100 when cycling), while with the 3 color ones, you can swap all but the first one.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

No, I didn't.

I'm sitting on 1.6 million ISO and the damn thing keeps on piling up.
    The last thing I need is more roster management.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:

No, I didn't.

I'm sitting on 1.6 million ISO and the damn thing keeps on piling up.
    The last thing I need is more roster management.

If you have nothing to burn iso on, it sounds like you have too little roster management to do :D

Yeah I earn purple stuff faster than I get covers for my dupes.
    Feeders for my dead classic 5s will take care of about 650K, but who knows when they roll out the next batch.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Too much effort - and I think it's clear that's not how XP is meant to be gained.

But... I do recycle my 2* and 3*... so I'm still "breaking the mould".
  • ChattyWhacker
    ChattyWhacker Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Well, kind of.  I started a bizarre kind of farming where I only use 2 covers of a character at a time and immediately sell it off.  The math in my mind might be off but it ends up me getting a 50/50 of the first cover being what's sold (the 100 iso) and the second cover giving the 10 EXP.  It's probably not worth it but hey, makes the SHIELD rank go up a little faster.
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Here's the math for 1* farming:

=((10*62500/5050)*9+100)/10

62500 being the ISO for a level up, 5050 is the XP to do that. 

Effectively it's each 10 cover 1* (the 2 color model) worth 1214 ISO vs 1000 ISO for just selling 10 times.  First cover sells for 100 ISO when you sell the char, further covers at a higher level.  The best part is that you're always getting the value, can sell anytime for what you've earned and re-use the slot. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,860 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If we farm 1* then what will the "Sell all" button get used for?