Did you start a 1* Farm?

Options
Ducky
Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
edited December 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Since the changes to how XP is gained have been around for a while I'm curious as to how many people actually went ahead and started farming 1*s for XP.

So did ya? I know I didn't!

Did you start a 1* Farm? 187 votes

Yes
27% 52 votes
No
72% 135 votes

Comments

• kennn712
    kennn712 Posts: 69 Match Maker
    Options
    I think without one, my XP would've slowed down even more than it already feels like it has
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I tried it for about a week and it was tiresome. Not worth the extra effort imo. I'm really enjoying 3 star farming though, and it really has made me look at rng for this game in a whole new light.
  • Wilger
    Wilger Posts: 95 Match Maker
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Started one but ploughed the field again, only rotating the characters with 3 color covers, selling the others for the ISO
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hells to the no. My SHIELD XP is about the same as it was before, if not a little faster even. I don't need to worry about constantly building and scrapping 1*s for a little tiny bit extra. I'll just keep selling them for the straight ISO.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Earning plenty of xp without spending HP to begin a 1* farm.  Think I’m up 4-5 levels already since the Cap came off.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not quite a farm. Maybe like small herb garden. I already had Spidey and Iron Man rostered, so I just rostered Storm too and now just swap their covers as I get them. I still sell off Venom, Hawkeye, Juggs, BW, and Yelena covers as they come.

Too much micromanaging to do it any other way. Now, if we could champion 1*s....
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you're over Scl125, you get more iso/time by clicking sell all 1 and doing a single match of pvp.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,648 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wilger said:
    Started one but ploughed the field again, only rotating the characters with 3 color covers, selling the others for the ISO

Same here and will continue to do so until Lv125 when it becomes useless.

Used to gain a level every 8 days before, now it's more like 6 days, so it seems to work for me.

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don’t farm them but I keep an open slot for 1*s, a different one from my Juggs that I keep for DDQ. I don’t sell their covers right away and about every week to ten days I clear out the 1* slot then work through the covers rostering or selling depending on how many of each I have. 

Plowing ISO into them seems like a complete waste so I just try to generate some XP or ISO on a semi-periodic basis without having to overthink it. I’m trying to think of an analogy to compare what I do to farming but i’m Coming up blank. Poaching maybe, turn up periodically, take what you want and leave a trail of corpses. That one’s pretty weak too. 
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I had one slot for 1*s and just saved them untill 1 day left on the vine then just max covered and sold them one by one but i dont think its worth the time so now i just sell the 1*s as i get them as ive always done.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I started the farm. I cycle the covers on the 13-cover ones and bring the 10-cover ones to max and sell. I had to recently sell some max-championed 3* for iso so I just had a lot of slots to fill in. Without that my LvL would also stall like crazy - it has slowed downed a lot (might be perception) so the farm helps.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Right now, all my HP needs to go to roster slots for replacement Three-stars. Can't spare anything to reroster one-stars, and I Think the XP gain is low enough to not be Worth the extra work anyway. I feel like I level up at an adequate pace anyway.
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    No, and probably never will, as I found the speed of my xp gain the same as before.
  • AlexxKats
    AlexxKats Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    I also did not. 

Reason being, it's an iso drain. It may look like it helps get iso faster, but it really doesn't. All it does is help you level your shield rank faster at the cost of iso. Which would be fine if i wanted to unlock scl9 for pve, but i was already at rank 125, soooo.... tap tap, sell all 1*s, confirm.

Many 1*s rostered to take up slots that used to be my max champ 3*s, which i needed to sell. And my 1* collection (full covers) from a couple of years back. And my 5x lvl2 mbw blue only for anyone that just needs a few extra turns
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I did, but as new releases come out I'll end up using the slots. Had a bunch of HP after the last sale so invested it in shield rank futures :)
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's not worth my time at Rank 132 to maintain a full farm.  Instead I just move around Storm, Iron Man, and Spider-man.
  • Pollozz
    Pollozz Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    is simply not worth it unless u are a new player. Even the 100 iso u get by selling them is far more important than a little xp once u past rank 68.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options

It is so awesome being able to champ 1*s! I champed 1* MBW, she gave me 2* OBW, which gave me 3* GSBW, which gave me a LT then I opened to a 5* with a BW BH!

Wait.. what? You can't champ 1* characters? Then **** are players champing 1*'s for some measly amount of XP?!

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,262 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No. It doesn't make sense where I'm at in the game, and I feel like it would never make sense for how i like playing. 

I have every 2* rostered (including bagman for the lols at 2/5/2), kind of skipped the 3* tier mostly because I wanted to maximize all my legendary token/cp pulls, so I only have 21 3*s with all but 2 champed, every 4* rostered (but only 6 champs), and all but 2 5*s on roster with most at 1 cover, a few at 2-3, and 5* Lord at 6. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes.  While I'd rather dups not have XP because it again breaks the whole point of trying to correlate SR to roster strength... I'm doing it for XP boost but hoping they reverse it.

I've been gradually adding slots as HP becomes available.  I went from just Jug & IM to:
    L50 IM
    L40 Jugg
    L1 of each (including a dup of IM & Jugg)

I plan on adding 1 slot and making a Yelena dup so I can keep a fully filled out of her just cause she's 'Limited' (even though it's joke easy to get her vs every other Limited).

If they reverse the dup decision at some point what I would do is sell the IM, Jugg, and Yelena dups and us them for future releases, but keep the others rostered.  It was always on my longterm gameplan to have every character fully rostered and fully leveled.  So I'll keep one of each (though likely won't level them until the day comes where I have ISO spare...lol... like that will happen)