DP VS MPQ.... One node I can't seem to win

Options
13»

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If all else fails, use Deadpools Whales!
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you have a black goonbit and Spidergwen at 5 purple, you could just slowly kill them with autostun.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I used Vulture and Sue. I lose Spidey, but Sue stays invisible and Vulture airborne. You need a little bit of help from the board, but it works. 
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 821 Critical Contributor
    Options
    sinnerjfl said:
    Sadly his 1 turn stun is mostly useless, you're gonna run out of blue to keep him stunned eventually.
    Yeah, that's why you need to save your AP and hope you can survive long enough so that when you do finally stun Cage, you're able to go nuclear on their ****, or at least on Cage. I love using Mockingbird but on the other team she's a real pain to deal with. They get 5 AP in their strongest color and their match damage alone **** hurts. You get a match 4 and they get AP in that color, and God help you if they already have 8 AP in that color.

Why yes, AI, you may have a free turn. Iron Fist's Like Unto Iron? Why not. Oh, you just 1-hit KO'd my boosted-for-the-event, almost-at-full health Spider-Man! Well played, sir! Well played, indeed! /s
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I almost had it with prof x soloing, but Cage kept putting out more protects and eventually matched away my attack tile. I like that Venom is boosted to nullify cage, but ultimately I had to use Whales twice for the CP. Mockingbird and Cage are good scarecrows when above lvl 400.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anon said:
    If all else fails, use Deadpools Whales!
    I had over 970,000 points saved as I never use him. Thanks Gambatt!  4 clears and t50.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Borstock said:
    I used Vulture and Sue. I lose Spidey, but Sue stays invisible and Vulture airborne. You need a little bit of help from the board, but it works. 
    Same here.  Cage’s black protect tiles actually help Vulture stay airborne.  Vulture keeps the board clear, while IW does the damage with her green.

You can use yellow and black boosts to jump start them, or just hope for a decent board.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This was my first venture into 9, saw that node and cussed just a little bit.  First time Fury and IW did the trick (mostly IW, though a demolition took out Mockingbird), then realized Vulture was the perfect pair for IW in this fight and breezed to a second win.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If it makes the OP feel any better, I’ve wiped on that node with champed BSSM/Bolt/Strange. The nuke potential is unbelievable, you need to be able to manage their AP as well as building enough to stun/hit yourself...their health pools are unbelievably huge.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,141 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Pants1000 said:
    Borstock said:
    Same here.  Cage’s black protect tiles actually help Vulture stay airborne.  Vulture keeps the board clear, while IW does the damage with her green.

You can use yellow and black boosts to jump start them, or just hope for a decent board.
    I was able to get through the first match only losing BSSM by going with Ghost Rider and Nick Fury (Both Champed/Boosted.) BSSM died to a one-shot Like Unto Iron, but Penance Stare at 200% fixed that problem.

Second try, I used the IW/Vulture team with +2 All, +2 Black, and +2 Yellow AP to help with the Airborne/Invisibility. Stun Cage, and then just use every possible power you can. It's a slog, but it worked. Vulture made it through unscathed, and IW took moderate Damage. As for my 1/1/2 BSSM...well...two outta three ain't bad. :)
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,141 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One thing I noticed about BSSM and Invisible Woman...If you stun Cage, and use IW's yellow to make your team Invisible, BSSM stops being Invisible when Cage becomes unstunned.  Even if her ability makes the team Invisible for 2 turns, BSSM stops being invisible once an enemy becomes unstunned.  I think this is probably a bug...
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Scl 8 for me.

I was fortunate enough to have black suit at 4-2-4. So I sent Eddie Brock venom and kamala in with spidey. Venom negates cages passive, spidey stops fist's. 

It's a tad risky putting so many shields on the board for cage to fortify. But focus on denying yellow and it was easy enough to get 2 clears for the cp.
  • CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have BSSM Champed and had  a hard time on this node. Phantos wiped, thanos/strange destroyed, oml/jean crushed, IM46/surfer downed, Cap/phanter killed... the only combo survived is... HAWKEYE/COULSON.. and they are undefeated so far! Try it..
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,652 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

SCL8

Used my 0/4/0 BSSM as tank and Grocket to match damage and stun Cage. Took some time and lost BSSM twice, but won the matches to get the token and 2CP.

• Terry99_
    Terry99_ Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Honestly, CL9 is not good idea for roster without 5* champ. At least not aiming for placement.  I did once SCL9 and find it too exhausted without champed 5* and head back to CL8. Back to this node, i made it with Ghost Rider and IW. BSS (Level 255) to tank and GR to penance MockingBird. IW to invisible and do the rest. Long fight but manage to complete 6/6.

• PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Terry99_ said:
    Honestly, CL9 is not good idea for roster without 5* champ. At least not aiming for placement.  I did once SCL9 and find it too exhausted without champed 5* and head back to CL8. Back to this node, i made it with Ghost Rider and IW. BSS (Level 255) to tank and GR to penance MockingBird. IW to invisible and do the rest. Long fight but manage to complete 6/6.

I don't agree with this.  If the boosted 4s are good and have some synergy you can get through this node with a 5* essential at 255.  If you have 5* Gambit champed you can beat anything.  There are several other strong 5* duos that can typically make it without issue as well.  In fact, in events where BSSM is NOT boosted you can use him with 5* DD to get through just about anything.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,652 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Terry99_ said:

I don't agree with this.  If the boosted 4s are good and have some synergy you can get through this node with a 5* essential at 255.  If you have 5* Gambit champed you can beat anything.  There are several other strong 5* duos that can typically make it without issue as well.  In fact, in events where BSSM is NOT boosted you can use him with 5* DD to get through just about anything.

Indeed, a few boosted 4* are enough to play SCL9: I played 10 events in SCL9 with only a handful of them and always got full progression. Essential 5* were quite brutal though!

Placement wasn't much different than SCL8 (I aim for t50, but am happy with t100), but it did take much more time, so I'm mainly doing SCL8 now.