DP VS MPQ.... One node I can't seem to win

Options

Comments

• robertbah
    robertbah Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What's the cover distribution and level of you BSSM? Do you have DD? Purple in particular.
  • j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    j0nats said:
    yay bssm is team im.. so im46 riri is viable
    ughhhh nope. one 1st time cant replicate 
  • j0nats
    Options
    i won with oml and punisher, damage boost on black and 2 mbw tus
  • WuCloudJJ
    WuCloudJJ Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hello, I just tried hard to beat this node (SCL9), and won 3 times so far with my championed and boosted IW--whose Grant Invisibility really shines here, and always lets her keep fighting till the end. (but not 100% victory)

You must match yellows to be invisible ASAP (with some luck, otherwise the stockpile boosts would also be a good option), and once you get invisible, the rest things are to keep matching yellow, blue and greens, create bubbles and crush them, and protect your invisibility tile as much as possible. The whole process may be a long trip because Cage's annoying protect tiles.

The high level Mockingbird is very dangerous because of her purple ability--stealing up to 8 AP of your team's strongest color and generating 5 AP in their strongest color, and its passive ability makes her matching damage up to 2k~3k per match (at 490 level) once her team gets 5 AP in their strongest color. Make sure to take her down first.

Hope this experience can help you.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Killabee said:
    Try 005 Gambit with boosted OBW and a strong red user like IMHB.. just keep stealing with OBW. She is still a Queen even if it's just 2* land
    That's really creative, but match damage will kill you and every skill you use would trigger cage defense tile. Very nice creativity though, I might have to play with that trio at some point.

Oh yeah! Duh! Sorry I hadn't joined the event or realized it was essential. My Spidey is 1/1/0 I beat this node with Carnage and Medusa. I first targeted Bobbi, focusing on red. Every matched enemy tile gave me blue or green so Spidey can stun Cage, while Medusa stole tiles and Carnage used his red targeting. Worked well the first 3x.. 4th time Carnage was left with 1200 HP.

What sucks about no animations is, IF makes my characters disappear! I see a banner, then I see someone dead.. like what the F just happened?! lol

• redviper85
    redviper85 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    I used the old IW and Prof X "hide like a coward" technique. It took forever but so long as you don't target C4ge he won't erase your sweet tiles. Also bring stun team ups so you can drop force bubbles on him while he can't passive back. got my 2 wins and ducked out.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I tried with IW and Vulture. Vulture and my 5 cover BSSM died quickly. But IW hung in for a first win. It was a long battle.  The best part?  The token gave me a Teen Jean (champ level). It was my first draw on the vault too.
  • j0nats
    Options
    i love these discussions!!! its like gauntlet once again where you cant mirror the ai's team and have to strategize.
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm glad some others have succeeded without champed 5* characters.

I don't have champed IW, or a gambat team.  I have a champed 3* Gambit, but no black only Gambit.  I thought about, but decided I shouldn't have to do what feels like cheating to have a winning team.  Instead of the expected nerf, however, that has simply become meta.  Live and learn, I guess.

• abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I failed this node 4-5 times before I went back to a tried and true method: a scrub, the required (BSS), and Prof-X.  Go invis with Prof-X, fire any powers from the other 2 that you can before they get sacrificed to generate swords and fists (and shields), then make sure they die so that every match is an invis Prof-X match and he buffs the special tiles.

Use your 3 team-ups judiciously to have him spawn more special tiles.  Slowly grind Mockingbird/C4ge/IF4 to pulp since none of them have team damage attacks or the ability to remove invis tiles.  Spend a single health pack on the required character and repeat with a different scrub.

It's slow, but it works.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 821 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lukoil said:
    There are always deadpool whales
    That's what I did. I finally realized St4r-Lord has both Purple and Red active powers. How many other characters are there? 3* Deadpool is another, but off the top of my head I don't think there's many. So I was using Star-Lord with Gambattery and did the first 2 clears on the 5* node alright, but got my **** handed to me on the 3rd clear. IF just 1-hit KO'd my almost full health (albeit sparsely-covered) Spider-Man. So I reset, tried again, and this time it was SL's turn to get 1-shotted. Da fudge? So I reset, again, switched out Star-Lord with Deadpool, then just dropped a load of whales on them.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    WuCloudJJ said:

The high level Mockingbird is very dangerous because of her purple ability ... passive ability makes her matching damage up to 2k~3k per match (at 490 level) once her team gets 5 AP in their strongest color.
    I totally forgot about that passive, was wondering why their match damage was so high.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a championed BSSM and wiped out multiple times on this node.  If you are just looking for the CP and 2 wins I would use superwhales to get it.  SW DP combo and match purple fast.  
    I have used Vulture to speed up Spidey but he is just too slow.  IW was my best character for this event but still required multiple health packs.  

In CL 9 when I have the 5* champed I have had no issues with the 5* node.  This node just shows how bad BSSM is or how nasty Cage, mockingbird, IF is.  I think it is a little of both but more the nasty team combo
  • JSP869
    Options
    abmoraz said:
    I failed this node 4-5 times before I went back to a tried and true method: a scrub, the required (BSS), and Prof-X.  Go invis with Prof-X, fire any powers from the other 2 that you can before they get sacrificed to generate swords and fists (and shields), then make sure they die so that every match is an invis Prof-X match and he buffs the special tiles.

Use your 3 team-ups judiciously to have him spawn more special tiles.  Slowly grind Mockingbird/C4ge/IF4 to pulp since none of them have team damage attacks or the ability to remove invis tiles.  Spend a single health pack on the required character and repeat with a different scrub.

It's slow, but it works.
    Strategies like this are precisely why I'd seriously consider building a 0/5/5 Gambattery. He can fuel Purple to get Prof X invisible faster, then fire off his Red to get Prof X to spawn special tiles. The one flaw I see against this particular node's team is 4* Cage generates some pretty hefty Protect tiles every time you fire a power. Of course Prof X throws out specials, too, and maybe enough to counter Cage's Shields.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JSP869 said:
    abmoraz said:

It's slow, but it works.
    Strategies like this are precisely why I'd seriously consider building a 0/5/5 Gambattery. He can fuel Purple to get Prof X invisible faster, then fire off his Red to get Prof X to spawn special tiles. The one flaw I see against this particular node's team is 4* Cage generates some pretty hefty Protect tiles every time you fire a power. Of course Prof X throws out specials, too, and maybe enough to counter Cage's Shields.
    Nope.
    At 515 Cage protect tiles are 2161 per tile.
    Unboosted PX can't compete with that.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Try 005 Gambit + Spider Gwen... or 3* Deadpool and his ultimate whales.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,274 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I cannot beat this node either... this team is insane scaled to 470+, you can't deny all colors long enough, cant match-4, cant use powers because C4ge negates match damage...  All their powers just nuke you...

(BSSM fully covered but not leveled...  not like he does anything anyway except lower the 1 strike tile IF makes)
  • JSP869
    Options
    Good thing black suit Spidey has a stun, if you have his Blue. So absolutely need to grab Blue ASAP then stun Cage before using any other powers. 
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,274 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sadly his 1 turn stun is mostly useless, you're gonna run out of blue to keep him stunned eventually.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bring a Loki black TU for later in the match.