DP VS MPQ.... One node I can't seem to win

Options
Blackstone
Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor
I joined the event in the highest level, thinking that even the progression rewards would be nice to try for, and have hit a snag.

I breezed through each node this morning, then played the Spiderman (BIB) node......

..... And have had my backside handed to me all day.

Granted, I only have one cover for this particular five star hero, but I haven't been able to beat the boosted team of 4cage, 4fist, and Mockingbird, even once.

It's an odd feeling not being able to get through a node, and I've gotten frustrated with it.

Which is why I'm taking a break and taking here to see if anyone had any suggestions.

Maybe I'm just having a bad day, but any suggestions will be appreciated.

Comments

• steakleather
    steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Options
    That node is brutal. They generate so much AP so fast. And God forbid they get a cascade.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You'll get better suggestions if you tell everyone what your 5*/boosted 4* roster situation is like.
  • Blackstone
    Options
    I'm on CL 9 for this event.  I usually go a little lower, but hit 9 occasionally when I know know I won't have time to try to place, but have the characters and want the slightly better person rewards.

For 5*s I've got level 330 OML, Thanks, and BP.  300 for Jean, Cap, and Ironman. With at least one cover in wall color for all.  I have 5* Gambit but no black for him, and most of the others.  No 5* Thor yet though.

4*s, champed C&D, Peggy, Spider-woman, punisher, Medusa, R&G, Nova, Coulson, Carol, Yondu, Mordo.  

Blade, Jean, Moon knight, Gamora are all close, and just waiting to get a final cover. (Of an appropriate color)

I have Mockingbird with 5 red, 5 purple, 0 yellow.
    4Cage at 4,2,1.
    4Fist at 3,4,1

And all of the other 4* characters hanging out around level 160 waiting on me to finish iso into them.

1,2, and 3*s, I have everyone.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You try using boosts? For whatever reason I sometimes forget that boosts are an option on PVE fights. It's not ideal, but probably worth it for at least 2 clears for the extra token and CP.

Before I moved to 5* territory, Peggy and IM40 were my go-to for hard nodes, even unboosted. Just don't have Cage in front when you fire Recharge, or he'll knock out one of the CDs. This probably won't be viable for later clears, though, since enemy match damage will get to the point that it'll eat up unboosted non-5s.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No champed 5 and a one cover essential and you chose scl 9? Since it seems you are playing for progression, don't worry about the 5E node. It's not required to get max prog.
  • Blackstone
    Options
    I usually do stay out of 9, but I haven't had issues in the past.

I think I'll just write it off as not happening.

I have tried to using Peggy to stun, and others, but the board hasn't worked out for me.

Thanks to everyone who offered help, though.

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Disclaimer: I haven't started this event yet, so I'm just guessing here to help you.

Well, one thing in your favor is that PunMax is boosted this week, right? So there's someone to really deal in damage.

You could try R&G with him to start dealing heavy damage early, while building up his green and black.
    You could try C&D to generate black for him (be wary of IF getting it tho!) and they can switch powers and heal themselves, which will be necessary.
    You said you tried Peggy. Did you try her with PunMax? If not, give that a try.
    Nova can send Cage airborne so you don't have to deal with too many protect tiles. And PunMax will buff his strikes.
    Medusa would help with the protect tiles also and deal damage every turn. Possibly switch them all to you as well.

Then there's your 5*s. Wouldn't Panthos work here? I don't have that combo on your level but people swear by them. 

Anyway, I"m thinking find the right option to use with your PunMax, be ready to possibly use 3 health packs after every turn, and request some cheap stun team ups from your alliance. 

Good luck!
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    There are always deadpool whales
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Panthos works decenly against the 5* essentials at first, but when the level goes up the health is just too much for them to chew through. I think they work better against the 5* essential in the Villains sub though.
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just Deadpool Whale the node twice for the CP and move on.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Try 005 Gambit with boosted OBW and a strong red user like IMHB.. just keep stealing with OBW. She is still a Queen even if it's just 2* land
  • Killabee
    Killabee Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Try 005 Gambit with boosted OBW and a strong red user like IMHB.. just keep stealing with OBW. She is still a Queen even if it's just 2* land
    That's really creative, but match damage will kill you and every skill you use would trigger cage defense tile. Very nice creativity though, I might have to play with that trio at some point.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,060 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't use a Gambat/OWB/Hulkbuster team since this is BSSM Spiderman essential node.

I would suggest Gambat/Peggy though because you'll get a lot of Peggy Red Punches (set her Red to 5) thanks to Gambat. That might be enough to get you at least one clear of it.

KGB
  • Blackstone
    Options
    I tried every combination recommended, that I had covers for, just for fun, but it's just not possible.

Each of the opponents have abilities that can KO any character I have in one hit, and no amount of luck is going to get me enough AP to keep the entire enemy team stunned long enough to keep them from hitting back.

I'm just not on that level yet to beat this group, and I'm ok with that.  I know what I have to work towards.

• Druiz23
    Druiz23 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I played SCL8 and I was aware of the node because of this thread. I tried every single team known to man and I couldn't beat it either. I tried Thanos5 and Black Panther. I tried OML and SS. I tried all the boosted 4 stars. I tried unboosted 4 stars. I went in with carnage and Medusa champions. I also tried 5 star Strange. I went in with Vulture even. And I could not beat it. Finally I did as suggested. I went in with 0-0-5 3 star Gambit with 4K health and champion spider-Gwen. Also, to put the odds in my favor I boosted purple by two and all AP by two. And by turn 2 I could start stunning. And surprisingly it worked very well and I took very very little damage. It was the only team I could find that COULD beat it. 
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BSSM/DD5/whatever made short work of it.

• Druiz23
    Druiz23 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Some of us don't have DD5. I don't and I'm sure the OP didn't either. 
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3 covered (all blue) BSSM Spidey - IW (champed + boosted - Vulture (champed).

Get 6 black asap and then gather green. Nuke with boosted IW. I defeated the twice for the CP but wont bother for a 3rd.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,652 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Daiches said:
    No champed 5 and a one cover essential and you chose scl 9? Since it seems you are playing for progression, don't worry about the 5E node. It's not required to get max prog.

Played quite a few events on SCL9 with no champed 5*, as long as you have some good buffed characters you can get all the progression rewards.
    Some 5* essentials were not too hard, others are just impossible if your roster is lacking.
    SCL9 also does take quite a lot of time, so I prefer to play SCL8 now.

Haven't tried this 5* essential node yet, I suspect my Lv285 0/4/0 Spidey won't cut the mustard, so might try some of the suggestions here.

• j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    yay bssm is team im.. so im46 riri is viable