Hello D3 Go! Forum Users -

If you are still having trouble updating your birth date on your forum profile, then please follow the steps listed in the below discussion thread.

Please copy and paste this URL for details --> https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/72653/new-forum-terms-of-service-steps-to-update-profile

It is very important that all users complete this process, otherwise they will unfortunately be unable to actively participate in the forum on their current account.

Thank you!

Dupe Masterpiece

FroggyFroggy Posts: 360 Mover and Shaker
The very thing I have been dreading the most just happened to me - I pulled a dupe masterpiece. Sigh...

I pulled it from a 5 card AKH booster pack.

VINDICATE. The only reason I didn’t have a rage fit was the recent announcement on booster crafting. But still!

Anyone else pull a dupe masterpiece?
«1

Comments

  • Mainloop25Mainloop25 Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    My feels are gonna be all over the place if I ever pull a dupe Omniscience.
    My "Fun With Cards" Youtube Page Now featuring Depala and Endless Sands!
  • OhboyOhboy Posts: 1,766Age Unconfirmed Chairperson of the Boards
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler's_fallacy

    Pulling a masterpiece now doesn't ruin your chances of pulling a masterpiece in future. You pulled half a guaranteed unique mythic. You should be celebrating.
  • sjechuasjechua Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Froggy said:
    Anyone else pull a dupe masterpiece?
    Yep, three times...
  • khurramkhurram Posts: 844 Critical Contributor
    I haven't pulled a dupe masterpiece yet. But I'd like to take this opportunity to brag about having 9 unique ones. 
  • wereotterwereotter Posts: 1,691 Chairperson of the Boards
    Twice on Lord of Extinction. Still looking for any way to make even the first one worth it.
  • MachineMachine Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    I haven't pulled a masterpiece yet from a 5 card booster. But I'd like to take this opportunity to brag about really wanting to pull one!
  • TheF3C3SK1ngTheF3C3SK1ng Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    LOL, I have been playing since the beginning, opened coutnless packs, very dedicated, three times wasted 400 grind purple things, and around 5 times tried the 100 purple things pack, and have never seen a MP. 

    Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of fun cards, some decent mythics and such, but it is seriously funny to see someone complain about getting a dupe MP from a 5 card pack. really really funny.




  • spadplspadpl Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    2xChoke, 2xLord of Extinction
  • FroggyFroggy Posts: 360 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks guys. Not complaining. More just curious to know how great my odds were on pulling that off. I already pulled 5 of the 10 available MP cards from AKH and now got my first dupe. But I’m actually okay with it thanks to the announcement to booster crafting as it’s value is at least acknowledged in a way through this new system.
  • THEMAGICkMANTHEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697Age Unconfirmed Critical Contributor
    i'll take it... any of them... 
  • blacklotusblacklotus Posts: 589Age Unconfirmed Critical Contributor
    i will take 1/2 a non-dupe mythic any day. 

    so far no dupes yet. but i only have 6 MPs in my collection. 2 of them came from single pack boosters: slaughter and choke. 
  • ManiiNamesManiiNames Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    I have two Lords of Annihilation. 
  • babar3355babar3355 Posts: 1,076 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have 2 Boils... but yeah, pretty happy to see it based on Ohboy's comment above.
  • Emanon2000Emanon2000 Posts: 156Age Unconfirmed Tile Toppler
    Froggy said:
    Thanks guys. Not complaining. More just curious to know how great my odds were on pulling that off. I already pulled 5 of the 10 available MP cards from AKH and now got my first dupe. But I’m actually okay with it thanks to the announcement to booster crafting as it’s value is at least acknowledged in a way through this new system.
    This depends if you are talking True odds or the 'Manipulated' Odds...  

    The odds in the real world are astronomical... The odds in this game... You just encountered it.
  • ZW2007-ZW2007- Posts: 610 Critical Contributor
    Ohboy said:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler's_fallacy

    Pulling a masterpiece now doesn't ruin your chances of pulling a masterpiece in future. You pulled half a guaranteed unique mythic. You should be celebrating.
    Not sure what the Gambler's fallacy has to do with this thread at all. The odds of getting a MP are very low so it's understandable to dread getting a dupe. 
  • bken1234bken1234 Posts: 2,142GLOBAL_MODERATORS Chairperson of the Boards
    ZW2007- said:
    Ohboy said:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler's_fallacy

    Pulling a masterpiece now doesn't ruin your chances of pulling a masterpiece in future. You pulled half a guaranteed unique mythic. You should be celebrating.
    Not sure what the Gambler's fallacy has to do with this thread at all. The odds of getting a MP are very low so it's understandable to dread getting a dupe. 
    I don't think it's that low. I have 7, I got all but 2 from regular 5 card boosters. I rarely play individual events and when I do, I play to progression so I don't get any extra rewards -- or at least the rewards more frequent players get. I think it's just RNG.
    [MOD MIC ON] means I am using my extraordinary powers of good to fix something or restore joy, peace and harmony to the MTGPQ forums. 

    Any other time, I am just a player like the rest of you, and will be freely sharing my own thoughts, opinions, expertise and hopes for the game. 

    Not an employee of D3 Go! / Oktagon. 
  • wereotterwereotter Posts: 1,691 Chairperson of the Boards
    bken1234 said:
    ZW2007- said:
    Ohboy said:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler's_fallacy

    Pulling a masterpiece now doesn't ruin your chances of pulling a masterpiece in future. You pulled half a guaranteed unique mythic. You should be celebrating.
    Not sure what the Gambler's fallacy has to do with this thread at all. The odds of getting a MP are very low so it's understandable to dread getting a dupe. 
    I don't think it's that low. I have 7, I got all but 2 from regular 5 card boosters. I rarely play individual events and when I do, I play to progression so I don't get any extra rewards -- or at least the rewards more frequent players get. I think it's just RNG.
    That could also be luck or number of boosters opened (since I don't know how many you opened) I've got two, three if you count I have a duplicate of one, and I got both of the originals from elite packs, and pulled my duplicate from a 5-card booster. So in my experience, the drop rate of masterpieces is abysmally low.
  • bken1234bken1234 Posts: 2,142GLOBAL_MODERATORS Chairperson of the Boards
    wereotter said:
    bken1234 said:
    ZW2007- said:
    Ohboy said:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler's_fallacy

    Pulling a masterpiece now doesn't ruin your chances of pulling a masterpiece in future. You pulled half a guaranteed unique mythic. You should be celebrating.
    Not sure what the Gambler's fallacy has to do with this thread at all. The odds of getting a MP are very low so it's understandable to dread getting a dupe. 
    I don't think it's that low. I have 7, I got all but 2 from regular 5 card boosters. I rarely play individual events and when I do, I play to progression so I don't get any extra rewards -- or at least the rewards more frequent players get. I think it's just RNG.
    That could also be luck or number of boosters opened (since I don't know how many you opened) I've got two, three if you count I have a duplicate of one, and I got both of the originals from elite packs, and pulled my duplicate from a 5-card booster. So in my experience, the drop rate of masterpieces is abysmally low.
    It's not number of boosters, I don't get as many boosters as other players -- I frequently play with more casual coalitions and rarely finish (or play at all) individual events. 

    I think it' really is all just random. I'm not particularly lucky. I'm missing tons of key rares, etc despite having a huge collection. 
    [MOD MIC ON] means I am using my extraordinary powers of good to fix something or restore joy, peace and harmony to the MTGPQ forums. 

    Any other time, I am just a player like the rest of you, and will be freely sharing my own thoughts, opinions, expertise and hopes for the game. 

    Not an employee of D3 Go! / Oktagon. 
  • VolrakVolrak Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Froggy said:
    Thanks guys. Not complaining. More just curious to know how great my odds were on pulling that off. I already pulled 5 of the 10 available MP cards from AKH and now got my first dupe. But I’m actually okay with it thanks to the announcement to booster crafting as it’s value is at least acknowledged in a way through this new system.
    This depends if you are talking True odds or the 'Manipulated' Odds...  

    The odds in the real world are astronomical... The odds in this game... You just encountered it.
    The odds of pulling 5 MPs from a set of 10 without any of them being a dupe are about 30%.  That's far from astronomical; Froggy was only a little lucky to get no dupes until his 6th.  (Unless you mean the odds of some other particular thing?)
    Community spreadsheets for mtgpq data collection: [drop rates], [cascades]
  • VolrakVolrak Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2017
    wereotter said:
    That could also be luck or number of boosters opened (since I don't know how many you opened) I've got two, three if you count I have a duplicate of one, and I got both of the originals from elite packs, and pulled my duplicate from a 5-card booster. So in my experience, the drop rate of masterpieces is abysmally low.
    Your experience seems about on par.  Around 1 in 10 elite packs (400) have an MP.  As for normal packs - expect one MP on average for every 80 premium packs or so.  (Bken's luck to get 5 MPs from normal packs has been  incredible, assuming she's opened far less than 400 PPs or 2000 normal boosters.)
    Community spreadsheets for mtgpq data collection: [drop rates], [cascades]
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.