Dupe Masterpiece

Froggy
Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
The very thing I have been dreading the most just happened to me - I pulled a dupe masterpiece. Sigh...

I pulled it from a 5 card AKH booster pack.

VINDICATE. The only reason I didn’t have a rage fit was the recent announcement on booster crafting. But still!

Anyone else pull a dupe masterpiece?

Comments

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    My feels are gonna be all over the place if I ever pull a dupe Omniscience.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler's_fallacy

Pulling a masterpiece now doesn't ruin your chances of pulling a masterpiece in future. You pulled half a guaranteed unique mythic. You should be celebrating.
  • sjechua
    sjechua Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Froggy said:
    Anyone else pull a dupe masterpiece?
    Yep, three times...
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,077 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't pulled a dupe masterpiece yet. But I'd like to take this opportunity to brag about having 9 unique ones. 
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Twice on Lord of Extinction. Still looking for any way to make even the first one worth it.
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 787 Critical Contributor
    I haven't pulled a masterpiece yet from a 5 card booster. But I'd like to take this opportunity to brag about really wanting to pull one!
  • TheF3C3SK1ng
    TheF3C3SK1ng Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    LOL, I have been playing since the beginning, opened coutnless packs, very dedicated, three times wasted 400 grind purple things, and around 5 times tried the 100 purple things pack, and have never seen a MP. 

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of fun cards, some decent mythics and such, but it is seriously funny to see someone complain about getting a dupe MP from a 5 card pack. really really funny.

• spadpl
    spadpl Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    2xChoke, 2xLord of Extinction
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Thanks guys. Not complaining. More just curious to know how great my odds were on pulling that off. I already pulled 5 of the 10 available MP cards from AKH and now got my first dupe. But I’m actually okay with it thanks to the announcement to booster crafting as it’s value is at least acknowledged in a way through this new system.
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    i'll take it... any of them... 
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    i will take 1/2 a non-dupe mythic any day. 

so far no dupes yet. but i only have 6 MPs in my collection. 2 of them came from single pack boosters: slaughter and choke. 
  • ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    I have two Lords of Annihilation. 
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have 2 Boils... but yeah, pretty happy to see it based on Ohboy's comment above.
  • Emanon2000
    Emanon2000 Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Froggy said:
    Thanks guys. Not complaining. More just curious to know how great my odds were on pulling that off. I already pulled 5 of the 10 available MP cards from AKH and now got my first dupe. But I’m actually okay with it thanks to the announcement to booster crafting as it’s value is at least acknowledged in a way through this new system.
    This depends if you are talking True odds or the 'Manipulated' Odds...  

The odds in the real world are astronomical... The odds in this game... You just encountered it.
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Ohboy said:

Pulling a masterpiece now doesn't ruin your chances of pulling a masterpiece in future. You pulled half a guaranteed unique mythic. You should be celebrating.
    Not sure what the Gambler's fallacy has to do with this thread at all. The odds of getting a MP are very low so it's understandable to dread getting a dupe. 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZW2007- said:
    Ohboy said:

Not sure what the Gambler's fallacy has to do with this thread at all. The odds of getting a MP are very low so it's understandable to dread getting a dupe. 
    I don't think it's that low. I have 7, I got all but 2 from regular 5 card boosters. I rarely play individual events and when I do, I play to progression so I don't get any extra rewards -- or at least the rewards more frequent players get. I think it's just RNG.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    bken1234 said:
    ZW2007- said:
    Ohboy said:

I don't think it's that low. I have 7, I got all but 2 from regular 5 card boosters. I rarely play individual events and when I do, I play to progression so I don't get any extra rewards -- or at least the rewards more frequent players get. I think it's just RNG.
    That could also be luck or number of boosters opened (since I don't know how many you opened) I've got two, three if you count I have a duplicate of one, and I got both of the originals from elite packs, and pulled my duplicate from a 5-card booster. So in my experience, the drop rate of masterpieces is abysmally low.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    wereotter said:
    bken1234 said:
    ZW2007- said:
    Ohboy said:

That could also be luck or number of boosters opened (since I don't know how many you opened) I've got two, three if you count I have a duplicate of one, and I got both of the originals from elite packs, and pulled my duplicate from a 5-card booster. So in my experience, the drop rate of masterpieces is abysmally low.
    It's not number of boosters, I don't get as many boosters as other players -- I frequently play with more casual coalitions and rarely finish (or play at all) individual events. 

I think it' really is all just random. I'm not particularly lucky. I'm missing tons of key rares, etc despite having a huge collection. 
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Froggy said:
    This depends if you are talking True odds or the 'Manipulated' Odds...  

The odds in the real world are astronomical... The odds in this game... You just encountered it.
    The odds of pulling 5 MPs from a set of 10 without any of them being a dupe are about 30%.  That's far from astronomical; Froggy was only a little lucky to get no dupes until his 6th.  (Unless you mean the odds of some other particular thing?)
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    wereotter said:
    Your experience seems about on par.  Around 1 in 10 elite packs (400) have an MP.  As for normal packs - expect one MP on average for every 80 premium packs or so.  (Bken's luck to get 5 MPs from normal packs has been  incredible, assuming she's opened far less than 400 PPs or 2000 normal boosters.)