Pve Slice 5 missing points bug [Devs Aware]

Comments

• GronkSmash
    GronkSmash Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2017
    Same issue here and I went from 6th to 50th even though I finished in less than 30 minutes with essential clears. I'm 250 points behind the group
    SCL 7 - Not sure which slice or how to check but that makes this event discouraging to play
  • Blykmyk
    Blykmyk Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    This isn’t only Slice 5...I’m in the latest bracket in the event. I’m SC7 and I got 11556 when I finished in 35 mins and a bunch of people have 11806.

is there a loner 1time mission that is only appearing for some people?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. That's certainly peculiar that there seem to be less points being awarded. I'll pass this along to the developers to see if they know what's going on.
  • Beta-Ray Bill
    Beta-Ray Bill Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Edited title By request
  • Beta-Ray Bill
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. That's certainly peculiar that there seem to be less points being awarded. I'll pass this along to the developers to see if they know what's going on.
    Ty brigs
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    What I can tell you guys is keep SS of the whole event.  Track your progression. You will need to show them what you are missing from this including the end of the event. I did this for the missing points in door 1 of Strange Sights PVE.  Still waiting on an answer, but I have all the data to show what happened.  
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    I'm also in slice 5, CL8. 13066 (for 4 clears), is that normal or am I missing a node?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Hmm if I stay in 7 then I could get the Jean cover and probably a top 20 finish or I could drop to 6 and have a good shot at a top 2 finish for four covers." Currently 400 pts behind 20 people after being the third person to finish opening clears. What a joke.
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2017
    shardwick said:
    "Hmm if I stay in 7 then I could get the Jean cover and probably a top 20 finish or I could drop to 6 and have a good shot at a top 2 finish for four covers." Currently 400 pts behind 20 people after being the third person to finish opening clears. What a joke.
    My reasoning exactly, wanted the Jean cover so chose CL7 over CL6. Now stuck with a bugged score that will make it impossible to score T10.
  • GronkSmash
    ursopro said:
    it's a new feature, if you finish the opening clear really fast you lose points in order to give everyone in the bracket a fair chance to place.

I'm not certain that's happening here because I got my point as 6th and the 5 ahead of me had the 250 more points before it got the 11556 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, at least you have the Jean cover to look forward to.
  • Beta-Ray Bill
    I'm also in slice 5, CL8. 13066 (for 4 clears), is that normal or am I missing a node?
    You aren’t missing anything. Something is wrong and scores don’t match
  • Beta-Ray Bill
    What I can tell you guys is keep SS of the whole event.  Track your progression. You will need to show them what you are missing from this including the end of the event. I did this for the missing points in door 1 of Strange Sights PVE.  Still waiting on an answer, but I have all the data to show what happened.  
    Agreed. Just in case
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    The good thing is that someone posted a perfect how-to-thread to fix a deficit in PVE points earlier this morning.
  • Beta-Ray Bill
    I’m not tapping lol. No time for that.
  • GronkSmash
    Could you direct the thread beyonderbub? Not sure where to look for that. I honestly thought players were cheating - as if someone found a way to max all points past 4 clears - but too many had the same points which would make it moot
  • sirwookieechris
    sirwookieechris Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    I was in the opposite boat. Finished at 11806 in SCL7 and was weirded out to find myself at #1. Usually finish at 2-3 because of whales. Even weirder in a new release event. Was freaked out that I accidentally did a 5th node and effed up. #2 and 3 were 100 points behind me.
  • swordfishdata
    swordfishdata Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    I was 220 points short in slice 4. I ended up doing 2 more hits on the yellow node to try to make it up a little

• GronkSmash
    edited December 2017
    Could it possibly be a discrepancy with the 5* point values? A bug since they've been reduced in SCL 7. Once I dismissed foul play I assumed maybe a mission still awarded full points 1 time on a 5th play through
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    @Gronk Smash - I was referring to the tapping thread in general as a way to make up for the missing points. Hopefully CS will recognize this situation for the glitch it is and compensate or adjust scores. But since we are coming up on the weekend, you may not hear from CS until it is too late