Do you complete every DDQ node every day?

13»

Comments

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    I always or almost always clear everything. I need me those sweet purple crackrocks.
    Do it all, but I agree I really dread doing the left side lately. When I kept a full 2-star farm, it was nothing because I always just go to the super teams:

Thor-Mags-Storm
    Mags-Hawkeye-Storm
    OBW-Daken-Wolvie/Ares/Torch/Thor

There's a few more combinations, but these kinds of teams generally make short work of those nodes. But instead of a full 2-star farm, I now only rotate about 6 at a time. The characters that work best with each other thus don't always line up in champing order, and those nodes are much more of a drag. The 1-star node is still nothing with a fully covered Juggs, but the 2-star nodes can get annoying depending on the team you're facing.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I missed DDQ the other day and I'm not sure how, but it was the first time in months, if not literal years, that I didn't clear all of the non-Crash modes.

Some Crashes I'll skip if the character is low-coverage, but that mostly hasn't been a thing in the last year or so.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I always or almost always clear everything. I need me those sweet purple crackrocks.
    I use the "hard" DDQ nodes to test new characters in my roster. The First 3 (on the left) nodes' difficulty is determined by the state of my 2* farm, but is a piece of cake as long as you have Juggernaut for the 1* node and any combo of 3 2* champs. the Behemoth Burrito is more of a puzzle figuring out the common thread used to bind the teams or match up together. Is it thematic (comic lore or known rivalry) or is it power synergistic? It is routine at this point but I think it is a great sampler platter of event modes and prizes available in game.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    I clear what I can - my roster isn't deep enough to always clear everything.
    I clear everything everyday except the crash. 
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Always. It's the best part of MPQ, without it I probably wouldn't continue to play. I want all three taco tokens, the CP, and all of the ISO available. I do agree that the 2* nodes are a bit tedious given that our options are limited and we play against mostly the same enemies over and over again.

Here's a question: why do we have two 2* nodes? Shouldn't it be a 1*, 2*, and 3* node? Keep the 2* "Under the Sea" wave node, but replace the "Third Time's the Charm" node with a 3* node in which any 3* can be used, but you can only use 3* characters. I suppose the reward can be bumped up from 1K ISO to 2K ISO as well.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    On days when I do the Crash, I occasionally leave the 1st and 3rd nodes - I do the 2nd for the taco.
    As I sell 2* as sounds I have another cover after reaching 144, it forces me to vary the 2* team regularly, which is nice, plus I like the nostalgia.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Clear DDQ every day.  I hoard the tokens until there's a 4-star cover I need...this coming one with Yondu will be one of those.  Deadpool gets used in the "Dat Required Character" node every day with Gambattery to finish it quickly with Whales for his Deadpool Points.  Heck, I even use my champed Bagman in the Under the Sea with Human Torch for a 2-man Rainbow team!  (Plus, I enjoy messing with the metrics of the game a little bit.  "Someone's using Bagman?!  Every day?!?")
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Some days. This about all I care to do. Even then it's Groundhogdayish. Like most content. Yes I know HAT is running right now. DDQ has become just a function.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    I clear everything.
    Only when new Titan node is up, i ignore missions that give crystals (with 1*s and one with 2*s) cuz i dont need them for the last taco token from progression reward pool.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I do everything. Clash first if my 4* is decent enough, then behemoth burrito, then the 2* nodes, then the 1*, then I'll do my Switch/DP team to build up my whale points and then finish the wave node for the 3*. 
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I do all parts of it, every day. Stages 4 and 5 first, as Thanos makes them the quickest part of it, and the BB for your daily CP. The other three stages in whichever order I feel like as they take a bit longer. But why wouldn't you want to complete it all? 5000 iso, three Taco Tokens, an elite, 10HP and a standard (with a chance of a 3* and a bonus)? You're slowing down your in-game progress if you don't.
  • STERLING21JJ
    STERLING21JJ Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    I've always done them and enjoyed ddp.
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2017
    I clear everything, everytime, except the odd Crash featuring an underleveled character.  

For example, yondu isn't quite high enough level to finish Gamora off just yet (though I got her down to 500 hp left before a lucky cascade ended me).  I'll spend a little time leveling him this week (to ~150) and I should be able to swing a win before it goes out.

The only time I can remember forgetting to complete a DDQ was once in the past year and a half when Sentry was the cover of the day.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I skip the 1* and/or 2* nodes.
    I'm a little surprised that more people don't skip the 1&2* nodes like I do, but it makes sense.  This forum isn't exactly full of part-time players.
  • Ryudoz
    Ryudoz Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    I can clear everything except some of the crashes, but even then, I'm clearing way more crashes than I was previously thanks to them finally loosening the ridiculous stranglehold on 4* characters. It's nice for me, as a collector, that I have the ftp resources to conceivably roster every character (save 5*'s, though I finally nabbed a Gladiator Thor today) within a couple of weeks (normally by the time the new character is required in an event). And now with certain 4* champs actually giving 5* covers, I can reasonably expect to hit some of those whereas previously I would have never had multiple 4* champs. 

Still no maxed 3* champs yet, but that's fine. It's not a huge goal for me.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    DDQ is basically mandatory. You need ISO, champ levels and tacos to hoard. What I wish they would implement is an Auto-DDQ where the game checks if you've completed DDQ the past 3mos and offers to auto-complete all nodes and give you the rewards.

Let's face it, they aren't making money off DDQ, except maybe Crash. No one past the 3* level is buying healthpacks so give us some time back so we can spending more time on PvE/PvP or.. life!
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    I'm a little surprised that more people don't skip the 1&2* nodes like I do, but it makes sense.  This forum isn't exactly full of part-time players.
    If you want the third taco token you need to do all of them except Crash.  That's the only reason I bother.