The SHIELD Training will return...

13»

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    They only recently started to pander to the "you can complete everything and get all the rewards" mentality.

Growth Industry, gauntlet, limited roster heroics, and simulator to some degree promotes getting rewards thru actual roster development. But those are generally gone now.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    LOL,  If your only missing 1 cover in Nick Fury or Hulk buster to play the next tier of shield training,  you can now buy them for 7khp in heroes for hire.  colors may vary.  Seller not responsible for duplicate colors.

hahahaha
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    Here is the even funnier thing. I am someone who will pay for the covers I need to finish Training. Except they are so incompetent they forgot to give me a chance to spend on a token or vault attached to training to allow me to get those missing covers and there are no other ways of adding to MEHulk.
    Classic here's a paywall where you don't have the opportunity to pay your way through.
    Insert your favorite derogatory word here since if I do I'll get a warning.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker

I have completed this as far as I can already. My Hulk is 131. I have all 4s champed bar NC and Hulk. When it first came out I was annoyed by the format but now I think about it as more of a bonus. Extra Iso etc. Ill complete what I can then fall back to the other PVE and PVP parts that would probably need attention too.

Complete what you can , it’s basically a bonus.

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here is the even funnier thing. I am someone who will pay for the covers I need to finish Training. Except they are so incompetent they forgot to give me a chance to spend on a token or vault attached to training to allow me to get those missing covers and there are no other ways of adding to MEHulk.
    Classic here's a paywall where you don't have the opportunity to pay your way through.
    Insert your favorite derogatory word here since if I do I'll get a warning.
    Yeah, this run makes no sense.  So you have to use 120 CP to add covers to a 4* so you can win a different 4* cover?  Who would do that?  So even the whales are complaining about this.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus said:
    Phumade said:
    LOL,  If your only missing 1 cover in Nick Fury or Hulk buster to play the next tier of shield training,  you can now buy them for 7khp in heroes for hire.  colors may vary.  Seller not responsible for duplicate colors.

hahahaha
    No Fury in my HoH store though. Just Hulkbuster and also Yondu (?). Glad I don't need those, a whopping 7000 HP is a looot, I only had that much after a purchase.
    My Hulkbuster one also includes Fury and costs 7k HP.  You also get 16 Elite tokens, 20k ISO and 6 CP.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    mexus said:
    Phumade said:

hahahaha
    No Fury in my HoH store though. Just Hulkbuster and also Yondu (?). Glad I don't need those, a whopping 7000 HP is a looot, I only had that much after a purchase.
    The Fury cover is paired with the HB cover (you have to select it to see it) and the Yondu is a preview because he is the next Clash character.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
     The first time this ran, I was locked out because I didn't have enough covers for Professor X. Annoying, but whatever. 

The second and third times, I was in the process of cracking a hoard, so I had enough covers on Rogue to get the Nightcrawler cover, and enough on him to get the MEHulk cover (the green cover I didn't get in placement).

I can't quite put my finger on it, but this iteration is rubbing me the wrong way. My 1/2/2 MEHulk is locked out, whereas I could play with Rogue and Nightcrawler, but that's beside the point. With those two, they were at least in tokens. No such luck with Hulk. 

So unless you're top of the tops and placed T5 or better in both PvE and PvP, or whaled to get covers for him, you're out of luck. It feels like the message is, "Hey, maybe you shouldn't be so poor. Then you could play the event."

Yes, they're a business, and exist to make money. I get it, and have no argument with that. And part of me does appreciate those who can whale on behalf of those who can't to keep the game F2P (I'm a VIPer myself, but not much beyond that).

I dunno, the cash grab is really blatant this time and there's just something about that that makes me uneasy. 
  • Phumade
    DarthDeVo said:
    So unless you're top of the tops and placed T5 or better in both PvE and PvP, or whaled to get covers for him, you're out of luck. It feels like the message is, "Hey, maybe you shouldn't be so poor. Then you could play the event."

Yes, they're a business, and exist to make money. I get it, and have no argument with that. And part of me does appreciate those who can whale on behalf of those who can't to keep the game F2P (I'm a VIPer myself, but not much beyond that).

I dunno, the cash grab is really blatant this time and there's just something about that that makes me uneasy. 
    I agree with you completely,  I was screwed out the the LT for nightcrawler because my BH nightcrawler dropped the day after shield training finished.  I was super pissed that finishing NC in 8 days was not good enough to qualify for the bonus LT.

Clearly,  they should have had meh hulk available for sale in tokens.  The first rule of retail management is have plenty of inventory when you run a sale.

• tfcrazy1980
    tfcrazy1980 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Do what i did, stop caring and dropping ANY money on this game, it obviously isnt catered to the "baitfish" who play, its an example of the rich get richer, but...remove the "baitfish" players and the whales can feed amongst themselves, then we'll see what changes.
  • Michaelcles
    Michaelcles Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Do what i did, stop caring and dropping ANY money on this game, it obviously isnt catered to the "baitfish" who play, its an example of the rich get richer, but...remove the "baitfish" players and the whales can feed amongst themselves, then we'll see what changes.

Shield training is just another money grab.

ISO, HP, and CMP are too rare as well.

Random covers also create roster friction.

The entire placement mechanic is just as bad as a lottery.  It gives the false impression that you can score big.  Cheaters and tappers always get the best stuff anyway.

D3 can just keep adding more characters at ever increasing higher levels.  Assuming Disney doesn’t cut them off.  I bet no one believed this would make it to version 140-whatever.

Make no mistake - this game isn’t about you the player.  It is about making money.

Everyone shelling out big bucks will regret it when the game ends.  At its heart, this is just a match 3 colors game.

Games were so much better when you pay once up front, get all of the content, and didn’t have in game commercials.
  • Phumade

Everyone shelling out big bucks will regret it when the game ends.  At its heart, this is just a match 3 colors game.

Games were so much better when you pay once up front, get all of the content, and didn’t have in game commercials.
    LOL agree 100% and yet the market place is rewarding mobile companies at a far better rate than any game company who released fixed static products.  I wish it weren't so, but people's wallets have spoken.
  • Michaelcles
    Phumade said:
    LOL agree 100% and yet the market place is rewarding mobile companies at a far better rate than any game company who released fixed static products.  I wish it weren't so, but people's wallets have spoken.
    Yeah, the only reason this game is still around is the wallets support the Marvel tie-in.  Look at the forums for the other two puzzle quest games.  One is an online obituary.
  • tfcrazy1980
    tfcrazy1980 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    I was wondering if anyone else reads those other forums!
  • Michaelcles
    Adventure Time is dead.

Magic is being run by Oktagon now.

MPQ is all D3 has.  Gotta make bank.