The SHIELD Training will return...

pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
And now my 4 cover MeHulk will keep me from participating if no changes were made.  Please tell me changes were made!

Comments

• pheregas
    Is this the 3rd or 4th iteration of the paywall?
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    pheregas said:
    4TH!

Rogue
    Nightcrawler
    ME Hulk
    Nico

It kinda feels like we just got the Hulk, but perhaps that's cognitive. In either case, I'm with you on 4 covers at 0/2/2. 
  • tfcrazy1980
    tfcrazy1980 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    No changes. However, the 1% of the players who have been able to complete it have been very happy with SHIELD Training.
    And in the meantime, 6% stop playing all together because they finally questioned why their still playing!
  • reapermort
    reapermort Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    It's not just that it's a paywall. It's that it's part of what seems to be a continuing recent trend of improving things for the Ancients and whales/mega-whales at the detriment of the newer players and people with less developed rosters.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm seriously considering just not playing it at all this time.  I'm certainly not spending any ISO on any characters to play nodes if he format is the same.  Especially now that you don't get XP for the nodes (not saying you should, just saying it devalues it) it's not worth stretching to try and throw of your ISO priorities on new characters.
  • tfcrazy1980
    tfcrazy1980 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    They must be hurting for $ since this is continuing......
  • pheregas
    mexus said:
    pheregas said:

And for a 4*?  This is a 5* game now.  Locking most players out of that "free" new release cover just reeks of exclusivity.  
    Your progress don't define the game.
    It's a 4* game. For me it is. 
    The fact that you're mentioning that you still don't have Lockjaw fully covered makes it a 4* game for you as well.
    No, it means that RNG hasn't dealt me the proper covers.  I've sold 4 green covers.  Luck should not be the only factor in progress.
  • GigerHR
    GigerHR Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Orion said:
    What I don't get is that there's currently no way to get ME Hulk covers unless you buy them for 120 CP.  So even if you have a hoard and are willing to pull it, it still won't help you get Hulk covers.  So how are 99.9% of the people supposed to compete in this?

My Hulk is level 147, 2/2/3.  That still won't get me close to finishing this event.
    This was the exact point I brought up in the Preview thread. Every previous iteration occurred during a time when you could get the required 4* from Legendary pulls; usually the season would flip and the most recent 4* would enter into token circulation. That won't be the case this time... my hope is they lower Hulk's level requirement, but I think it's more likely that they just didn't consider the fact that Hulk won't be in tokens and they'll run it the same as always.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    pheregas said:
    not much of a wall though- couple tokens, couple CP , 1 4*  nothing exclusive that gives a big advantage.... can probably hop over that one

I guess people just like using coin phrases
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    I have every 4 star champed, and have finished every simulator event.  I do not like the way this game is going.  I really think that they are either hurting for profit or they have stopped caring about majority of their player base.  Getting a champed 4 used to cost me x amount of hp...now that has risen to 2x because a game of rng has taken away the one and only thing about rng that went FOR the playerbase (getting multiple features 4s per 40 pack).  Now you can only get 1 in a 40 pack which may sometimes take you 80 pulls to get (it has happened to me).  Definitely not liking the change.
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Orion said:
    What I don't get is that there's currently no way to get ME Hulk covers unless you buy them for 120 CP.  So even if you have a hoard and are willing to pull it, it still won't help you get Hulk covers.  So how are 99.9% of the people supposed to compete in this?

My Hulk is level 147, 2/2/3.  That still won't get me close to finishing this event.
    Confuses me as well.  The stated goal of this event was to reward vets and players who have built 'formidable rosters'.  Those formidable rosters are rendered completely useless if you gate final progress with a character not yet in tokens.  Should be Nightcrawler this time, not ME Hulk.

Assuming it is ME Hulk.  Maybe they've thought of this???

• Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Wonko33 said:
    pheregas said:
    not much of a wall though- couple tokens, couple CP , 1 4*  nothing exclusive that gives a big advantage.... can probably hop over that one

I guess people just like using coin phrases
    I'm not sure which part of this you're being obtuse about. The fact that Shield Training is paywalled, or that extra covers of a new character that will be required for PvP and other said paywalled events are a big advantage?

I guess if it works for you, it must be fine.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    It is what it is.
    As much free iso and CP that you can get.
    No need to get worked up over it.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    It feels better when you admit to yourself that you aren't their target audience. If you aren't buying 4 or so starks a year you are stat fodder. Just a number.