MPQ at Marvel.com: (Nico Minoru) (11/28/17)

Options

Comments

• HobieCat76
    HobieCat76 Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    Nico!!!  I'm so happy that she's in the game!!!  :)  I mean this sincerely.  I'm not in the camp of people who've never heard of her.  She's seriously one of my favorite Marvel characters.  Reading the trade of The Runaways (specifically BKV's run) a few years ago was one the biggest reasons why I returned to reading comics after a very long time being away.  If fact, I read A-Force specifically because Nico was in it. 

Have they previewed which cover that they're using for her?  I hope it's this one:

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,866 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seems like it might be a tricky trade-off - you can't hide her at the back because she needs to take damage to get her powers going but you have to be wary of her being at the front as protect shields don't work on her.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kevin61 said:
    So, it can't be just me... Who the heck is Nico Minoru?
    No, it's not just you.  Never heard of her or the Runaways but I haven't been reading comics for quite some time.  Just a little surprised that they would put out a new character that is so obscure.
    I mean, to be fair I'd never heard of Ironheart before either. And I can't claim to be shocked and appalled that Marvel has characters I don't personally know about :)
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Straycat said:
    Straycat said:
    After taking damage she has a stun that eats countdowns (not a fan) which also resets her powers, an active true heal that requires protects, and an active that creates one of each A/S/P, and still passively buffs them.
    I was under the impression that she removes enemy countdowns, not friendly ones like Kingpin. Might be wrong though.
    Definitely possible, but I assumed it removed friendlies since that would remove her countdown and reset her powers
    Preview is up in game. She removes enemy countdowns.
  • HobieCat76
    HobieCat76 Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options

Have they previewed which cover that they're using for her?  I hope it's this one:

Booo, it's not this cover.  LOL, still happy she's in the game.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Interesting choice to have blue as the top placement reward. There will be a lot of Nicos out there who can't change their power sets at first.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kevin61 said:
    So, it can't be just me... Who the heck is Nico Minoru?
    No, it's not just you.  Never heard of her or the Runaways but I haven't been reading comics for quite some time.  Just a little surprised that they would put out a new character that is so obscure.
    I mean, to be fair I'd never heard of Ironheart before either. And I can't claim to be shocked and appalled that Marvel has characters I don't personally know about :)
    Though Ironheart was a really new character at the time, which can make it more understandable to have not heard of her.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have no problem at all with this character, had not ever heard her name before this announcement but the in game artwork is pretty good (compared to the 'only halfway complete' look of say a 4* Blade (in my opinion). Had  not expected a kawaii anime girl in this game, but hey.. it's fine.

The thing I really don't get tho:

- R&G/Gamora is already a predominant team, this one only seems to make that worse is my first impression
    - The article had the phrase 'glass canon' in there somewhere... *looks at her health in the PVE preview* Wait wut? 4223 at lvl.70 is almost tank level health... eh... wha... come again? Does not compute...
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    She seems cool, but I can't get over some of the phrasing used in the article. I mean, right from the start:
    "Nico Minoru, the original orphaned gothic sorceress"

As opposed to all the other orphaned goth sorceresses running around?

And then from there, it seems like just about every other paragraph has a set-up for a dirty joke.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I only know of her because she's been in Marvel Future Fight for quite a long time now. She's rather 'meh' there, though, as the meta has long since passed her by.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    She seems cool, but I can't get over some of the phrasing used in the article. I mean, right from the start:

And then from there, it seems like just about every other paragraph has a set-up for a dirty joke.
    Typically hilarious and insightful comments, TPF.

But: anything wrong with set-ups for dirty jokes? I love them, myself. A lot of the time the unspoken joke is way better than the full monty, as it were...
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Passively buffs all of your specials if you have more than the enemy team? Wow, PvE could go nuts as well, even outside of the fore mentioned Grockamora combo in PvP battles. 
    Less than 50% health 5* Daredevil anyone? 

Edit: at 5 covers her blue stuns the enemy for 3 turns PLUS an extra turn for EACH CD removed.  Wow the new potential 5 turn stun.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Interesting choice to have blue as the top placement reward. There will be a lot of Nicos out there who can't change their power sets at first.
    It would hardly be the first time they do this kind of move where the colour order seems to be deliberately terrible.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Passively buffs all of your specials if you have more than the enemy team? Wow, PvE could go nuts as well, even outside of the fore mentioned Grockamora combo in PvP battles. 
    Less than 50% health 5* Daredevil anyone? 

Edit: at 5 covers her blue stuns the enemy for 3 turns PLUS an extra turn for EACH CD removed.  Wow the new potential 5 turn stun.
    The first of hopefully many Gambit counters.  At 9 blue, not too expensive either. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yepyep said:

Typically hilarious and insightful comments, TPF.

But: anything wrong with set-ups for dirty jokes? I love them, myself. A lot of the time the unspoken joke is way better than the full monty, as it were...
    Oh, I have no problem with them. It just seems at odds with, say, the rather heavy-handed word filter here on the forum.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just tried Nico in the S.H.I.E.L.D Training and i must say that i like her. I can absolutely see her potential :)
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,507 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby  Can you please check to verify if Staff Appreciation Day will reward tokens to the Nico and Friends vault?  The Main Event Hulk PVP rewarded tokens for a post-event store that was non-purchasable.  Thank you!
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    ... Staff Appreciation Day ...
    /groan

How did I miss that?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,507 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby   Could you please advise whether the SHIELD Training store described in the article is really the Honor Among Thieves token store?  Thank you!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Booo, it's not this cover.  LOL, still happy she's in the game.
    Nice art, but that cover just doesn't look like Nico to me.  I prefer the one they selected.