MPQ at Marvel.com: (Nico Minoru) (11/28/17)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited November 2017 in MPQ Character Discussion
Hi Everyone - 
Nico Minoru makes her mark on Marvel Puzzle Quest!  
Check out 4-Star Nico Minoru

Tagged:

Comments

• Steellatch
    Steellatch Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    Lakestone posts are my favorite
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Marvel.com: Nico feels like a true support character. From what you told us, it doesn’t appear that she does any direct damage at all.

Ehhh.. where's our Gambit counter? She should be dealing damage to enemies with passive abilities like Strange does with actives

• shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Marvel.com: Nico feels like a true support character. From what you told us, it doesn’t appear that she does any direct damage at all.

Ehhh.. where's our Gambit counter? She should be dealing damage to enemies with passive abilities like Strange does with actives

gonna have to wait just a little longer for a gambit counter.  she does remove countdowns and stuns, so there is that.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'll need to see the numbers and her in action, but she sounds like a solid support character with a fresh play dynamic.

Can we get info on the required characters for the S.H.I.E.L.D training that awards her?  
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So, it can't be just me... Who the heck is Nico Minoru?
    One of Marvel's Runaways (Brian K. Vaughn), which is currently being featured and streamable on Hulu
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One of Marvel's Runaways (Brian K. Vaughn), which is currently being featured and streamable on Hulu
    Did she exist before that?
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'll need to see the numbers and her in action, but she sounds like a solid support character with a fresh play dynamic.

Can we get info on the required characters for the S.H.I.E.L.D training that awards her?  
    It doesn't matter what her laundry list of changeable powers are.  In CL8/9 she'll never get damaged unless you make a mistake and an AOE goes off.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pheregas said:

It doesn't matter what her laundry list of changeable powers are.  In CL8/9 she'll never get damaged unless you make a mistake and an AOE goes off.
    Unless she, you know, makes a match in a color she tanks. I hear that comes up.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    One of her powers needs her to get hurt in order to trigger it. And I've never heard of her before the 2003 series.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    LakeStone said:
    Hi Everyone - 
    Nico Minoru makes her mark on Marvel Puzzle Quest!  

These are the best. Straight to the point. Not the *highly requested* nonsense we sometimes see  :D
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    One of her powers needs her to get hurt in order to trigger it. And I've never heard of her before the 2003 series.
    Yeah, for some reason I usually don't hear about characters before they're created either. conspiracy by D3?
  • grenadier
    grenadier Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If you mean, did she exist before the Hulu show, then yes.  The Runaways comic debuted in 2003. 
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Probably the daughter of Magneto.. he has a ton of kids
  • grenadier
    grenadier Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Options

Probably the daughter of Magneto.. he has a ton of kids
    He's got Polaris.  Wanda and Pietro were retconned a while back into being the children of the Maximoffs, who were then experimented on by the High Evolutionary, making them no longer mutants at all.
  • Kaeyne
    Kaeyne Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options
    grenadier said:
    If you mean, did she exist before the Hulu show, then yes.  The Runaways comic debuted in 2003. 
    She was also in A-Force. And the fact that people don't know her is probably the reason that series got cancelled. *sigh*
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Nico is basically the team leader in the Runaways comics, and she is also a member and part of the A-Force comics. I think its great we got a more obscure character. Plus she is also another magic/supernatural character added into fray which the game is lacking. Better than having another variant that adds nothing other than a new set of moves. Also, *Spolier* Easter egg in Dr. Strange MCU movie Nico parents are shown in one seen with The Staff of One.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 623 Critical Contributor
    Options
    OMG, Nico!! thank you!!! I can't wait to see the full list of powers (and their names/alternate names) for the Staff Of One.

I'm irked though that she's another blue/yellow/purple 3actives/3passives character, which seems so ludicrously similar & redundant to Phil Coulson (even moreso for a character also intended to be a multipurpose toolkit of a support character.) The color-mixing on a lot of character releases this year has been quite unoriginal and leaves a lot to be desired.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    She was in a team book that never sold well and Marvel hasn't published in years. She's popped up in a number of other low selling books like Avengers Arena and A-Force. But now the character appears in a Hulu show, so she gets put into the game.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options

So I'm in that camp of people who didn't even know this character existed; I guess I wasn't reading very many comics around 2003. So all that means is that she's a clean slate for me - I'm not coming in with any preconceptions.

Power set seems interesting, with a slightly new take on an the flipping powers gimmick, but hard to form a definitive opinion without seeing them in action.